Dead in his sights...Will Smith Is Deadshot! - Part 1

Who do you think should play Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot in the upcoming Suicide Squad feature film? Talk about it here.

I think they took his obsession to kill Batman straight out of Ostrander's comics. I am glad they went for a sociopathic portrayal (also taken from SS comics), I just wish they have made the character darker. But I wish that for all of those so called "villains".

I think a lot of stuff got lost in the editing room.

Seems there was less "funny Will Smith" in the original cut.

There were more moments where he thinks about his daughter in the original cut, but I get why they cut those.

I think a lot of stuff got lost in the editing room.

Seems there was less "funny Will Smith" in the original cut.

Most probably... having in mind Ayer's comments months ago, it doesn't feel like he was referring to the timid, family-friendly film we got. Originally intended cut was likely much closer to the SS comics.

Most probably... having in mind Ayer's comments months ago, it doesn't feel like he was referring to the timid, family-friendly film we got. Originally intended cut was likely much closer to the SS comics.

I really think WB only trusts Ben Affleck to make "dark/gritty" films from here on out.

So I think both Joker and Deadshot will be darker characters in his movie. Probably the case for all the other villains as well.

I really think WB only trusts Ben Affleck to make "dark/gritty" films from here on out.

So I think both Joker and Deadshot will be darker characters in his movie. Probably the case for all the other villains as well.

If they even trust him. I hope they stay the hell away from the editing room when it comes to Batman solo.

But I am hoping that Batman solo will "redeem" the Joker to me, by giving Leto something to actually work with. A little problem I have with this "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" concept with Deadshot appearing, is that Smith always needs to be center-stage in films he's in (like he was in SS)... with Joker and Batman there, I really don't want much of screentime being focused on Deadshot.

I was ready to hate Smith as Deadshot, but I actually really enjoyed him in the role, his best blockbuster role for a while for me and he made me care for Deadshot.

dat deadshot theme
tumblr_o18o6eE2Us1rxpq74o5_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtM6UvDxKQ

Last edited:
If they even trust him. I hope they stay the hell away from the editing room when it comes to Batman solo.

But I am hoping that Batman solo will "redeem" the Joker to me, by giving Leto something to actually work with. A little problem I have with this "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" concept with Deadshot appearing, is that Smith always needs to be center-stage in films he's in (like he was in SS)... with Joker and Batman there, I really don't want much of screentime being focused on Deadshot.
I don't think WB really have much choice but to let Ben do what he wants. I'm sure he's smart enough to understand the leverage he has. I doubt he signed up for anything less than full creative control on HIS movie. Hell he said in a very polite round about way that his EP credit on JL is basically to make sure Zack doesn't ***** Batman up for his solo. And unlike every other director currently in DC's stable he's got a pair of Oscars and is playing the most bankable character. Having him kick up a fuss over their meddling would be a lost more costly than it would with any other director.

I really enjoyed Will in this part. I hope he gets another crack at it.

I'd love a Deadshot solo movie. He was one of my favorites, along with Flag, Waller and Enchantress.

I'd be down for a deadshot solo. It'll be sort of like deadpool. Unique ways to kill men and deadshot with funny lines.

I'd do Deadshot Beginnings as the main inspiration.

Hmm. It seems the character would have to be pretty dark for that. It seems smith just isn't interested in being truly horrifying character.

I could see him bringing it out if Zoe were in danger. I was surprised he was kinda against Flag for the duration of their mission.

He was classic Will Smith in this role, but we love him for it. I'd like to see more of his interactions with Batman in future movies.

How about in SS2 Deadshot fails a mission and Waller decided to kill his daughter, then Batman saves her =D

I really enjoyed Will in this part. I hope he gets another crack at it.
Yeah. Deadshot, Waller and Harley were entertaining and were the highlights of the film. For that, I think SS has some merit.

There were a lot of shades of early 90s Will in the character, some probably ad-libbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"