Dead Rising 2, Possible trailer leak?

It was explained at the top of the page, his career has gone downhill so he is going down with it hence to why he looks like a mess.

It was explained at the top of the page, his career has gone downhill so he is going down with it hence to why he looks like a mess.
but for some reason he looks even worse now than those original images of him. His hair especially wasnt that bad before.

He doesn't look as old as he does on the cover, in-game.

Last edited:
Yeah, his in-game model looks to be the same as DR: Case West.

Damn these boses are hard...need some tips how to beat the chief!

Damn these boses are hard...need some tips how to beat the chief!

Ugh, the Chef sucked, I think I just waited a decent amount of time before taking him on so I was leveled up a little more.

Great writeup which explains the new modes and changes to the game

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194642p1.html

I don't like the sound of checkpoints, sure it annoyed me a few times, but I felt it added a dimension to the gameplay allowing for trial and error with how you spent your time. Especially with two having three save slots I felt it worked. With one I had a memory card in addition to my hard drive, so essentially two save slots. Hopefully this sandbox mode will have save points though, it's the only reason I have two missing achievements on the original Dead Rising. Also glad Terror is Reality is out, wasn't a big fan.

for example?
Energizer...cant be injured for 10 seconds
Pain Killer....Chuck recieves half damage for 1 minute
Quickstep...increased speed for 1 minute

Any combination of these will make all boss fights fairly easy. Id make sure to keep a couple on you at all times. You also want a good weapon. Knife Gloves (Boxing gloves+Bowie Knife) is a great all around weapon and combined with Quickstep, is VERY effective. Laser Sword (Gems + flashlight) is also very good

the only reason this game is worth getting is because of the free roam mode. Finally, after 2 full retail games and 2 downloadable games they finally put free roam in.

yeah, about the only good thing about it is there's no time limit. in addition to free roam and automatic save checkpoints.

Energizer...cant be injured for 10 seconds
Pain Killer....Chuck recieves half damage for 1 minute
Quickstep...increased speed for 1 minute

Any combination of these will make all boss fights fairly easy. Id make sure to keep a couple on you at all times. You also want a good weapon. Knife Gloves (Boxing gloves+Bowie Knife) is a great all around weapon and combined with Quickstep, is VERY effective. Laser Sword (Gems + flashlight) is also very good

this plus sometimes taking survivors and giving them guns - as long as they can stand somewhere safe

My tactic for bosses is to run away & get food. You can actually leave entire areas to get food & the boss is still active. Being cheap is fun! :oldrazz:

Has anyone seen a review of the game yet?
Nope not yet. I loved the original so I know I will love this but I will wait till I get it on Goozes or $20. I cant see myself paying the full price for it.

I gotta get my copy back from my brother-in-law. I figured I was pretty much done with DR 2. :o

So, how does anyone else feel about (Off the Record spoiler):

Chuck Greene being back in Off the Record as a psycho? Or Stacey taking Sullivan's place in the story

The game's been getting good reviews, around the same scores as the original DR2. I'll either get it for my birthday at the end of the month or for Christmas. I LOOOOVE me some Dead Rising!

Ive been seeing it get some worse scores than DR2. The main complaint is that its the same game, at least 90% of it. Almost identical story, same cutscenes, psychos, survivors, etc..with little variation or deviation. Not much was added to really justify an entirely new game and this could have just been released as DLC for the original. I'll still get it eventially, but Im holding off for sure

Balls. Why is Off the Record a separate release rather than DLC? I gotta go out to the store and buy a whole new disc instead of just downloading it off Live? :dry:

Really want this game and can afford it, but gonna hold off for Christmas, mainly just so I can give people ideas for a present. Plus, I've already pre-ordered Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed Revelations pre-ordered which will give me plenty of stuff to play through Christmas.

so has anyone actually played Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. is it a brand new game or just a new skin

so has anyone actually played Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. is it a brand new game or just a new skin
New skin. From what Ive read its almost exactly the same game, but with Frank inserted in there of course. Alot of the same cutscenes are reused as are the psychos and survivors. Theres a few new weapon combos and psychos as well as a new area, a sandbox mode, and the phot taking from the first game is back. I actually got it for $20 at Target due to their B1G1 glitch but Im not opening it up just yet as I have no time to touch it anyway. Its not something you'd want to pay for full price if you played the original

Well unless, you're a big DR fan. I'll probably get it for full price at Christmas, unless it has a price drop by then. Dead Rising's my second favorite new IP this gen, so it's worth it for me.

Though, I can see your point if you're not a DR fanboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"