Deadpool 2 Deadpool 2 News and Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable.jpg

I would like to see Deadpool and Cable together in the same frame. I wanna see how big Brolin's Cable looks w.r.t Ryan's Deadpool.

My only nitpick is the generic military getup, if that's all we ever see him in. Hope we get to see him wear something more futuristic at some point in the Movie.

yeah,, to me he looks pretty generic. And I wasnt expecting something generic coming from Deadpool crew. D1 really set the bar pretty high, and Domino and Cable final designs sadly didnt keep that level. But thats me, of course

yeah,, to me he looks pretty generic. And I wasnt expecting something generic coming from Deadpool crew. D1 really set the bar pretty high, and Domino and Cable final designs sadly didnt keep that level. But thats me, of course

[looks at Ajax]

Ok.

They've gone for the Ultimate X-Men Cable look. Ryan's a big fan of the Cable and Deadpool comics, so it doesn't surprise me they've gone for a more subtle approach to him rather than then overblown 90s Cable. Domino's costume comes from her miniseries.

Are there better known looks? Yeah. But the comic inspirations are very clear. They're not ignorant or unknowledgeable.

My only nitpick is the generic military getup, if that's all we ever see him in. Hope we get to see him wear something more futuristic at some point in the Movie.

for real, a little blue won't kill anyone:o

They've gone for the Ultimate X-Men Cable look. Ryan's a big fan of the Cable and Deadpool comics, so it doesn't surprise me they've gone for a more subtle approach to him rather than then overblown 90s Cable. Domino's costume comes from her miniseries.

Are there better known looks? Yeah. But the comic inspirations are very clear. They're not ignorant or unknowledgeable.

Just now reading up on Ultimate Cable...would they really go that route?

They've gone for the Ultimate X-Men Cable look. Ryan's a big fan of the Cable and Deadpool comics, so it doesn't surprise me they've gone for a more subtle approach to him rather than then overblown 90s Cable.

I agree that the classic 90's Cable would have probably been the wrong choice for the Movie. But a variation of this would have looked great on Brolin.

aqNO5fR.jpg

Futuristic, without being over the top, with a dash of color thrown in.

Yessss. I like how he doesn't look like a superhero. He looks like a soldier. I love the BFG and the teddy. Awesome.

Loving Cables look.

Just now reading up on Ultimate Cable...would they really go that route?
Just in terms of look. He's also probably taking some cues from Cable and Deadpool.

I do wish he had an X or two with a dash of blue in the costume though. That's my one very minor gripe. Anything else like his hair not being white or the lack of pouches is a ridiculous complaint.

Yeah, outside of him not having a getup that's more uniquely Cable, I am actually quite happy with how he turned out.

The only thing that gets me about the gun is that it's a giant rifle that seems to fire handgun rounds based on the mags he has.

Maybe that's part of the humor though?

The only thing that gets me about the gun is that it's a giant rifle that seems to fire handgun rounds based on the mags he has.

Maybe that's part of the humor though?

Well it's the same sort of mag sticking out the rifle. So it fits at least.

Last edited:
Some sweet set pics on twitter. Guess that's why they released the official images, much like Domino.

Well at least we know he is a time traveler. Whats with the Teddy Bear? Hope Summers?. I hope its not just a quirky visual gag.

Well it's the same sort of mag sticking out the rifle. So it fiuts at least.

Yeah I was referring to that as well. If it's a meta thing about how comic artists often have no clue how to depict realistic guns then I'm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"