Deadpool Deadpool News and Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
0000.jpg

Wow! Where did that textless version suddenly pop up?

dpvsaucetwitter.jpg

NYC: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deadpools-fan-appreciation-vsauce-event-nyc-registration-20793596206
LA: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/deadpools-fan-appreciation-vsauce-event-la-registration-20798697464

BTW, awesome article in Total Film, with several interviews and quotes from cast and crew, including make-up artist Bill Corso. I had to skip one paragraph as it seemed to go too much into detail as to what they were filming, but other than that...

Some great new (non-spoilery) stills, as well.

Last edited:
Sweet, in my neck of the woods.

So a Deadpool TV spot played during the football game, and...

was that a freakin' HELICARRIER?! It looked like he was falling from a helicarrier, but...

They couldn't, right?

Not sure if it was a Helicarrier or large boat, its hard to tell for the short clip but it certainly looked..........interesting.

I've watched the end of that spot a dozen times. The "boat" is falling through the air and you can see a city below it.

Don't you ****ing play with my emotions like this, Deadpool. I've been hurt too many times.

I've watched the end of that spot a dozen times. The "boat" is falling through the air and you can see a city below it.

Don't you ****ing play with my emotions like this, Deadpool. I've been hurt too many times.

Yeah I couldnt see any obvious water in the clip. Odd. The wait is getting harder, lol. :woot:

He's definitely not on water there. If you pause the clip right at the 22 second mark you see smoke billowing up from some sort of city/junk/something that isn't H2O. Immediately after, it looks like this... craft... is falling through clouds (there's white cloudlike stuff at least).

Apparently Ryan Reynolds uploaded the (Helicarrier?) spot onto YouTube. Fox pulled it for copyright stuff. Bizarrely, it seems to be a legit Reynolds YouTube account, as it has the upload of the Halloween video with millions of views. Very strange.

What, pray tell, is it? It's some sort of carrier, and it's up in the air...

bad place, Reynolds titled his trailer upload Is that a helicarrier?

Still cant decide what it actually is. Seems odd that Reynolds would call it a Helicarrier if it wasnt but then he could have been joking as 99% of his tweets are.

I'm sure that there will be an explanation that this is not the Helicarrier.
I'm sure they don't own the rights to it.

Ryan himself is likely trolling

If it was a helicarrier I imagine it would either not be shown in a TV spot to keep it a secret or shown alot just to market its involvement

It's likely not a helicarrier

Last edited:
Is it not just a normal aircraft carrier that is docked right next to land?

Still cant decide what it actually is. Seems odd that Reynolds would call it a Helicarrier if it wasnt but then he could have been joking as 99% of his tweets are.

Yeah, Reynolds is extremely aware when it comes to what's being said on social media and knows how to toy with it. Just look at the way he played with SkullpoopL. He was on that quick. He knows people are wondering if it's a helicarrier and I doubt it is anything more then him purposely messing with people.

Looking at things from a different what if pov...Deadpool is one of Marvels biggest characters, and we know they want that merch money much more then any other Fox character including Wolverine. Since Deadpool is a character that doesn't apply to rules, is it crazy to think that Marvel would want to use him and make an exception with Fox in a similar deal like Spider-Man in order to reap more money on the merchandise side of things? They are definitely making an exception on merchandise with Marvel supporting the character in numerous stores as the film releases as well as making him apart of the new merchandising adult deal with Daredevil, Punisher and Jessica Jones. They also have given Deapdool a slew of comics written by fan favorites like Duggan, Kelly, Nicieza and Lifeld just around time for the film. They are not hiding their support.

Last edited:
It's one of those things where deadpool is clearly set in the x-men universe so including a helicarrier just to help deadpool would just confuse people so I doubt marvel would allow that

Marvel can profit from deadpool without allowing anything

That's like saying having Deadpool break the 4th wall confuses people, when his audience eats it up. Or that having two versions of Colossus, Angel, Jubilee etc is going to throw people off to the point where they won't show because they just changed their timeline and are throwing rules out the window. After DOFP Fox can do anything they want cause that was done to have a fresh future, not for making perfect sense. Look how interested people already are in thinking it's a helicarrier. Every movie both Marvel and Fox people get asked about a mash up for a reason. It would be a huge deal that fans want.

Much like Spider-Man they would rather have a character that already sells well regardless, sell much more. Which will happen when this film releases and why they are putting out merch for the release.

Not saying this will happen at all, but the logic arguments against it are thin imo. Marvel can make money on F4 and X-Men as well regardless but they choose not to on this level. The real issue here would just comes down to Fox and Marvel agreeing. If Deadpool was say in Infinity War, that would equal even more money for both. A deal isn't being made because they don't think fans would want to see the worlds collide or they would be confused, it's a given that would sell. The terms are the issue.

Last edited:
That's like saying having Deadpool break the 4th wall confuses people, when his audience eats it up. Or that having two versions of Colossus is going to throw people off to the point where they won't show. Your cutting the audience short for a character like this where normal rules already do not apply. Look how interested people already are in thinking it's a helicarrier. Every movie both Marvel and Fox people get asked about a mash up for a reason. It would be a huge deal that fans want.

Well not when you have 2 studios setting up their own universes that clearly have shown no sign of being connected but apparently marvel would be willing to let fox use a helicarrier to open questions about the integrity of their own universe with how it connects to FOX's universe

And we know all fox ain't great with continuity but would marvel want to jump on that boat too?

Not saying this will happen at all, but the logic arguments against it are thin imo. Marvel can make money on F4 and X-Men as well regardless but they choose not to on this level. The real issue here would just comes down to Fox and Marvel agreeing. If Deadpool was say in Infinity War, that would equal even more money for both. A deal isn't being made because they don't think fans would want to see the worlds collide, it's a given that would sell.

I imagine they know fans would love for the worlds to collide but there are likely many factors in the way of them even thinking about colliding them, greed being one

The present/future world of X-Men will have not have been explored until Deadpool comes out. We don't even know the politics of Mutant situations in the present time since we only saw the inside of the mansion.

I don't think that's a helicarrier unless there's some loophole with the craft and it's rights. Also don't think a deals been made, things are starting to get blurred though. There is clearly a difference in interest with Marvel and Deadpool then the other Fox properties. I just really disagree about the confusing the audience thing. Having Marvel movies not take place in the MCU is probably more confusing to audiences at this point since the majority do. Most fans don't even know the details so why would a casual movie goer? The name Marvel is the easiest way to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back