Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading Ways first take on Deadpool and actually really liking it. But man the series just changed Wade too much. His Evil Deadpool ended up being closer to normal Deadpool. Wade turned into a sensitive goofball instead of a dangerous **** talker. Not all his run is bad imo, I dug the Dead arc recently. But that book def needs some new blood.

I really haven't kept up with Way's entire run. I know that the Bullseye issues were the highlight for me and Deadpool going up against the Thunderbolts was neat too. But I feel Deadpool kinda regressed. I liked that he started to find his place in the world, at the end of Deadpool & Cable, and even got so far to get invited to the Thing's poker session. But Way turned him too much into an unlikable ass again.

Last edited:
I think Way does comedy well. So, I don't really mind his run on the series.

I really haven't kept up with Way's entire run. I know that the Bullseye issues were the highlight for me and Deadpool going up against the Thunderbolts was neat too. But I feel Deadpool kinda regressed. I liked that he started to find his place in the world, at the end of Deadpool & Cable, and even got so far to get invited to the Thing's poker session. But Way turned him too much into an unlikable ass again.
Yeah, I liked the Bullseye and the Thunderbolts crossover stuff. I think Ways main problem besides his overall take on Wade is his arcs are never really significant and most last 3 issues tops without much happening. Thats kinda why I dug his Dead arc. Id recommend it just cause its one of his better arcs and something happens that actually effects Deadpool. Even though I wasnt all for making Deadpool loose his powers and scarring, at least something happened. He just doesnt seem to be really doing anything with it besides how it affects his fighting.
I think Way does comedy well. So, I don't really mind his run on the series.
There are def some funny moments. Its when he goes the route of too much Bugs Bunny humor, like when he served up pancakes in a pool. That humor kind of makes me shake my head. Not a fan of the multiple voiceboxes either. It was funny for a few books but got old imo. Whenever Bob is on the page he does a real good job. I almost think Way should write a Bob solo book.

Deadpool looks to be ****ing people up in the game and having a good time doing it, so far looks real good.

Last edited:
Fox has no balls. They are too afraid to lose money. Maybe when Avatar 2 comes out in 4D and 200 FPS with a ticket price of 40 Dollar and makes 10 Billion Box Office, well, maybe then FOX spends 40 Million on a Deadpool film.

To be honest, I think they just got cold feet when they realised both what they would need to commit to for a faithful Deadpool movie, regarding the rating etc, and also that Ryan Reynolds headlining a superhero movie might not necessarily be a surefire money maker.

I think the hype around this new Deadpool game will really enthuse them though, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the movie news comes out soon after the games release (assuming the game does well).

Fox has no balls. They are too afraid to lose money. Maybe when Avatar 2 comes out in 4D and 200 FPS with a ticket price of 40 Dollar and makes 10 Billion Box Office, well, maybe then FOX spends 40 Million on a Deadpool film.

Besides The Wolverine and the 2014 X-Men film, FOX is also moving forward to the reboots of Fantastic Four and Daredevil. So right now, 2016 is the best possible release date for Deadpool, assuming either Fantastic Four or Daredevil will get a 2015 release date.

Only that the reboots of F4 and DD will most likely turn out to be generic superhero-stuff. Stuff we already have more than enough of. Deadpool would finally be and somehow "different" CBM.

I think you guys have to face facts. Fox has moved on from Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds clearly has as well.

Seriously why is Reynolds the only guy to play this character anyway?

Yeah I assume it's dead too. I mean I know it'll come up in interviews and they'll give the same "we're working on it" generic answers. But I dont see this moving anytime soon

The X-Men team films are FOX's #1 priority right now and they are also shooting Wolverine right now. I really didn't think this Deadpool movie will be done just like the solo Magneto movie. So I had no hopes.

There will be a Deadpool film. They may not make it R and use the Rhett Reese script, but there will be one... or they will put Deadpool back in the X Films. Hes too popular of a character for Fox not to do anything with. They didnt do test shoots and hire a Director cause they never intended to make the film. They are just too scared to cut the check on Reynolds and crew first R rated X Men film. That has been the problem since day one. Reynolds stated with or without him the film will be made. He just wants nothing to do with it if its not R.

With the talk of expanding the X Universe, Im sure Deadpool is still on there list. He is one of the few X characters who can lead a solo film or be part of a team.

Last edited:
I'd say let Robert Rodriguez take it because he seems to have enough Pull over at fox to get a rated r action film greenlit, but if he were attached then the film really would never get made :o

There's been no news on this in a long while. If this were movie forward I'd expect we would have heard something by now. I think the last thing we heard was the director being announced and then nothing for a good while now. It's really frustrating when you know that Deadpool could be something special.

@carnojoe Some anonymous someone just snuck me a peek of Tim Miller's 'DEADPOOL' sales reel that Just Simply CRUSHES.

Ok. People like the script. They like the reel... Whaaat's the problem!!

Ok. People like the script. They like the reel... Whaaat's the problem!!

I need to see that! Maybe since Fox is out one franchise, they will finally pull the trigger.

At one point, Deadpool was due to go ahead this year so it must be that the resources (either the producers or other personnel - or the funds) have instead been put into Wolverine or DoFP or both.

If you recall, Fox hired a new producer (Hutch Parker) - who had previously been involved with the X-Men - for the Wolverine film.

It's likely there aren't enough personnel or funds to do all these films at once! So Deadpool has been put on hold for a bit.

It's likely there aren't enough personnel or funds to do all these films at once! So Deadpool has been put on hold for a bit.

Hope your right X-Maniac. I really would like to see this particular script made and not passed on.

can anybody give me a run through of what the deadpool script is about? like plot, villain (s), which comics it's pulling from ect. please and thank you. like does is involve the mithras initiative, Landeau, Luckman and Lake and all that, or the T-Ray storyline, or that arc where he has to fight Ajax to the save the souls of the weapon x inmates?

Have not read it, but from asking questions on here and info from other sites Deapdool and Death Annual and other Joe Kelly arcs are used as the most inspiration. Plot is mostly
Wade hunting Ajax and crew for what they did to him in the Workshop. Then goes into a flashback, shows a couple hits, explains that he has cancer, and is sent to workshop and tortured. Colossos is kinda on patrol for the X men making sure he doesnt cause damage and tries to convince him he can use his powers for the better. Nessa (not a mutant in script), Blind Al, Weasel and Patch are in it. Other villains in Ajax's crew are Garrison Kane, Wyre and Sluggo.

Last edited:
hmmm, not sure if I'm crazy about that plot. I think I prefer
the way ajax came after HIM in the comics, seeing as how he "killed" Ajax immediately after "becoming" Deadpool
I'd still can't wait for a film to be made, just not sure if that's how I'd tell the story.

Yeah, When I first heard I was surprised they used him as the main villain for the whole film given how little hes in the comics. But I guess it kind of makes sense given how much he ****s Wade up in the workshop and makes him the way he is. Might be hard to set up another villain or merc plot since its establishing his origin. Im sure Killbrews in there somewhere as well proabably behind the scenes.

Would think either T-Ray, Black Tom, Taskmaster, Domino or Cable are on the horizon after.

Last edited:
I don't mind Ajax being the villain. As you said, while he wasn't featured a lot, he was still a hugely significant part of Deadpool's story. I'd just rather his inclusion be in a similar capacity to that of the comics. But I'm nitpicking, whatever they do wind up doing, if anything, I'll probably love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"