Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point, Deadpool was due to go ahead this year so it must be that the resources (either the producers or other personnel - or the funds) have instead been put into Wolverine or DoFP or both.

If you recall, Fox hired a new producer (Hutch Parker) - who had previously been involved with the X-Men - for the Wolverine film.

It's likely there aren't enough personnel or funds to do all these films at once! So Deadpool has been put on hold for a bit.
It's going to continue to be hold for a long time just as it's been on hold since 2009.

Now that Rothmans left FOX... Is that a good or a bad thing when it comes to Deadpool? :oldrazz:

It's going to continue to be hold for a long time just as it's been on hold since 2009.

The film wasnt officially delayed till early this year. They hired a Director in 2011 and were rewriting in the meantime.

Now that Rothmans left FOX... Is that a good or a bad thing when it comes to Deadpool? :oldrazz:
Not too sure. I would hope so, I know its a decision made by the ones higher up or else it would have been greenlit this year, they are shakey with the rating according to Donner and Reynolds. Whats good is that Deadpool has a game and is in multiple Marvel Now books. That will only kepp the character in a high demand.

Last edited:
Deadpool's a bit like DC's Lobo movie... Everybody except the fans have pretty much always known it would never get beyond the early planning stages...

I would argue that the true fans of Deadpool always suspected this movie would never get made, especially with Fox and especially after Wolverine

Well, that's good because I really don't see this happening. And I say that as someone who loves the character.

Well, someone who loves what Kelly did with the character...

I don't think its going to make a difference. I think the person with the biggest say on which X-Men movie is gonna made or not is Lauren Shuler Donner.

Donner said
We have a few more things to do. And then it's up to the studio to decide whether we're going to go forward or not. But I'm pretty excited. We have a good script and a good director.

Donner has been pretty supportive of the project. Reynolds has also stated it more the sketchiness of the R rating. Studio doesnt want an R rated X men movie. Donner has been involved since early process. Dont think shes against it.

Last edited:
Donner said

Donner has been pretty supportive of the project. Reynolds has also stated it more the sketchiness of the R rating. Studio doesnt want an R rated X men movie. Donner has been involved since early process. Dont think shes against it.

Deadpool was definitely due to go into production this year. But something changed.

Either the rating became a real issue (somewhat understandably) or the priorities changed (DoFP became a bigger production) or they are wanting all films to be part of cohesive cinematic universe (so are rethinking slightly to fit it into franchise as more than standalone).

I think its a mixture of the first two X Maniac. Sketchy of the rating and they wanted to put the focus in DOFP and Wolverine. DOFP should be a huge hit for them, they cant afford to mess that one up.

plus, if Days of future past does what I hope it's going to do (essentially reboot the franchise with changes made to history through time travel), then they can include deadpool in continuity with all the other movies and not worry abot contradicting XMO:W.

plus, if Days of future past does what I hope it's going to do (essentially reboot the franchise with changes made to history through time travel), then they can include deadpool in continuity with all the other movies and not worry abot contradicting XMO:W.

I like the idea of DoFP rebooting the xmen franchise, that would give us a chance the see classic xmen in a whole new light.

yeah, I'm hoping it gives the x-franchise the "star trek (2009)" treatment.

Donner said

Donner was still talking about a Constantine sequel 2 years ago.

Donner was still talking about a Constantine sequel 2 years ago.
Yeah but shes not responsible for the studio to go into full production on either of those projects. She supported Deadpool, Ryan and the writers. Shes a part of the project but not the one in full control of Fox.

Good point. They could have changed plans for the character.

Last edited:
The best way to do deadpool Is just Ignore Wolverine(which by the way the other X Men films are doing) just do Deadpool.Don't do break the fourth wall and mock Wolverine just Ignore It completly so Deadpool can be seen as part of X-Men films series with X-Men,X2,First Class,The Wolverine,and Days of future Past.

Don't do break the fourth wall and mock Wolverine just Ignore It completly so Deadpool can be seen as part of X-Men films series with X-Men,X2,First Class,The Wolverine,and Days of future Past.

Whats wrong with mocking it? I think its hilarious. That scene is like XMOW was a movie Deadpool saw, not like its part of continuity. It was confirmed Deadpool has nothing to do with Origins.

Last edited:
*phew* My nephew loves Deadpool but I told him to NEVER EVER watch Origins. I'm glad this will have nothing in common. They did him so wrong in that one.

@robertliefeld- Did some heavy lifting on behalf of the Deadpool film today. Fans, I do this FOR YOU!!

Not sure what Rob could do though...

Me either, at least its still being worked on.

He tweeted these as well when asked if its green lit.

‏@robertliefeld
Trying to make it happen!!

‏@robertliefeld
No green light yet!! Makin' moves...
Goen through script changes perhaps?

Last edited:
Yeah no movie is getting made because of Rob Liefeld. Sorry Rob.

He does have a wee bit of a ability to help get it made, seeing as he was half of the duo that made him. Still, only so much he can do, and I doubt he managed much.
Movies, oye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"