Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Quentin Dupieux to direct.

yeah I know
but it should be a comedy

Oh, yeah, sure, I agree there.

only comic fans would really appreciate a true-to-spirit Deadpool film, it would be lost on everyone else

Slightly disagree here. It's their job to put everyone up to speed and then bring them along for the ride, as any decent movie does.

When we say "true-to-spirit", I guess we're talking about what makes it unique and gives it such potential. For me, it's the amount of meta-humor/subversive parody it could deliver inside a genre flick, sprinkled with the dark undertones that actually give it more depth than just a zany looney tunes superhero.

It would not be the first superhero parody either but the fourth wall breaking and acknowledgement by the protagonist that he's in a movie gives it a unique angle that hasn't been done before.

Personally, I don't think a Deadpool movie should ever be PG-13. We're talking about a mercenary, a guy who fights with guns and swords, and has the ability to regenerate, which pretty much leads to (not too heavy) gore effects. What I wanna see is a fresh, 'superheroic' and subversive take on old school action movies, pretty much in the vein of Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, The Last Boyscout, Total Recall (Paul Verhoeven's, of course, not our generation's glitter version), etc.

I want blood squibs.

Picture-31-590x256.png

I want tough guys and tough guy talk - and Deadpool's own, twisted version of that.

I won't complain about boobs, either. Deadpool himself wouldn't, aswell.

Like Walter Hill said of his 48 Hours: "The jokes are funny, but the bullets are real." That pretty much sums up of what I would like a Deadpool movie to be.

Last edited:
“Yeah, it makes sense to me. Genuinely it’s early phases, early days, but if you’re gonna do a Deadpool movie, I think you’ve gotta do a hard-R, darker movie and he is the perfect character to do it with.”- Simon Kinberg.

Everyone is saying the same thing... Nothing is happening. Kill me now.

Yeah. They really are not saying anything.

Heres a bit more from that interview. http://collider.com/deadpool-movie-rating-fox-marvel-movies/

Collider: Has Fox in the last six months acknowledged, “Wait a minute, we have New Mutants, X-Force, Deadpool, we need to do more with this?”

SIMON KINBERG: Yeah, they definitely understand what they have now in a way that—having worked on the X-Men Fox movies since 2003, so over 10 years now, different regime, really different culture inside the studio, too, in fairness to them, but outside the studio like you say, the juggernauts, the big movies of every summer are superhero movies. We’re gonna have three big superhero movies in the span of like a month and a half between Cap 2, Spider-Man, and us. So Fox does understand that they are sitting on this massive universe with the X-Men, also with Fantastic Four obviously. But they definitely have a sense of it and there’s a real interest and appetite for how to explore and expand that world into other movies, into spinoffs, into different time periods, the whole gamut.

The only way Deapool going to happen If deadpool Is in a team film first and they get good response to him. If X-force is actully made and people like deadpool assuming he's one of 5 team members then solo film Is possibly otherwise it's just talk.

The only way Deapool going to happen If deadpool Is in a team film first and they get good response to him. If X-force is actully made and people like deadpool assuming he's one of 5 team members then solo film Is possibly otherwise it's just talk.

That's not gonna be the only way to see that film cause everything is talk. X-Force, Gambit, Deadpool, Mystique etc. They have options, not just one route. Singer, Kinberg, Donner and everyone are aware of this guy and he could very well show up in Apocalypse if they wanted to increase his awareness. Singer mentioned he would like to use the character.

They have scripts for both and are giving mixed signals in general as to what their plans are outside of the main series and Wolverine. The smart way would be to introduce him in X-Force but that's granted it's a hit. It could very well work in reverse. Test the waters on a smaller new property and then increase to X-Force if the audience is there. His solo will cost less then half the budget of X-Force and been budgeted to not damage the studio if it fails. We will be lucky to get either in this decade at this point.

Sooner or later (10, 30 years or whatever) Fox is gonna make a Deadpool flick with or without X-Force. He's too popular by himself and not dependent on a team film.

Last edited:
Deadpool could also show up In APocalypse but untill he shows up again In another film
I remain skeptical of his own film moving forward.

Yeah it's true outside of wolverine deadpool has had longest run of solo books but with one slot per year for X-men universe if Apocalypse,third wolverine,and whatever the 2018 film Is
are setting the plan for future. I remain just as skeptical on mystqie and gambit solo films. X-frce looks more likely and that doesn't have a release date inless the mystery 2018 film Is it.

Don't know why X-Force looks more likely, it's more ready to go then F42 and Apocalypse yet still didn't get it's own date with nothing announced for almost a year. That and Deadpool are pretty much in the same position as far as I'm concerned. On hold. Deadpool at least has a confirmed Director, Star and test footage.

The 2018 film seems to be more of a placeholder. X-Force was announced so it's hardly a mystery. I don't think they know what they want yet, they just want that date. Which is understandable.

Huge fan of both, so I'll be ecstatic if it ends up being either. But not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

The only way Deadpool is going to happen is if the each X-men film gets more than $500 million worldwide (that would give Fox a lot of confidence) and if Fox can juggle 2 to 3 X-Men films at a time. I still think Fox is playing it safe (which is not a bad thing) so films like Deadpool, X-Force or whatever solo film they are talking about that isn't Wolverine will end up as just talk and never entering production stage.

Since when Lauren Shuler Donner is gonna say no to Deadpool or the films that were reported are gonna be made? You know whats weird about this, they keep saying its gonna be awesome and its definitely gonna happen but if you think about it, even if its get made and released eventually, it will take them 3 Wolverine solo films and 3 films with the FC cast before they get to release it. At this point, I don't see it happening.

One possibility I keep thinking is that somehow Deadpool is a separate deal then the other X-Men and their time is running out on him. New line had him in mid 00's. Have no idea if that makes a difference in their X deal for sure, but it sure seems like he was grabbed separately.

I don't think Deadpool being part of a separate deal really gets in the way why this movie hasn't entered production stage. Who knows if Fox bought the film rights from New Line.

I'm not saying that's the reason, but they did leave it close with F4.

Jackman on Deadpool Vs Wolverine happening.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05...gain-onscreen?abthid=537dd1b5e8bfcc214e000013
“We sort of took a pretty strong choice on Deadpool, where we kind of stitched him up. And I love the character of Deadpool and I think that the sort of badass, fast-talking, funny, annoying Deadpool vs Wolverine would still be cool. We’ve sort of done it, but I think we could have done that much better.”

"I heard there was a script going around for Deadpool. It makes total sense to me that that character would be around."

Even Jackman wants to see Deadpool again. Get ****ing on it Fox! :argh:

I don't think Deadpool could exist in the mainstream X-series. Like they said, his standalone would need to be R-rated and gory. And then have him in a mainstream movie that kids go to? That will just lead them to the R-rated version, thinking it'd be okay.

It'd be too tonally different to co-exist. I'd rather have a standalone Deadpool movie, like a comedic Punisher or something. A non-mainstream movie. Or have him in the X-men. Not both.

One possibility I keep thinking is that somehow Deadpool is a separate deal then the other X-Men and their time is running out on him. New line had him in mid 00's. Have no idea if that makes a difference in their X deal for sure, but it sure seems like he was grabbed separately.

I've been thinking about that one too, New Line were trying to get a DP film going in about 2003 before giving up and Fox eventually getting the rights, so it looks like the character is not a part of the X-Men film rights but under his own. If that is so then his appearance in XMOW was a crossover between the franchise. Now the film rights seem to have a seven year time limit on them which would mean that Fox would have until about 2016 to get a film going before the rights lapsed.

The big thing is that in the past five years relations between Fox and Marvel/Disney are now at an all time low. If Disney are not allowing crossovers between the film rights (as has been speculated) then another crossover is unlikely and they could block X-Men characters from appearing in a DP film, and DP from appearing in an X-Force film. Unless Fox have something from the making of XMOW that would let them continue to crossover then DP would have to be a completely standalone film. X-Men Origins: Wolverine by the way is also the last time Marvel did X-Men film tie-in toys or video games.

All of that could be part of the issue Fox are having over deciding to go forward with a Deadpool film, it would be a hard R but could not gain any support by being tied to the X-Men films. The only other Marvel based hard R films were the Punisher films, all of whom flopped massively. So Fox are stuck with the question of how much do they want to hold onto the Deadpool character.

Just put him in his own movie, throw in a quick 4th wall joke about Fox not letting him in the X-Men movies or something, and badaboombadabing idgaf give me my Deadpool movie.

If Tim Miller isnt attached anymore then Fox should grab Lord and Miller. They would make this movie bank if they helmed it.

They are easily the most suited for the flick.

Last edited:
If Tim Miller isnt attached anymore then Fox should grab Lord and Miller. They would make this movie bank if they helmed it.

They are easily the most suited for the flick.

Easily my first choice as well. I'd also throw in David Gordon Green, Nicholas Stoller, and Adam McKay (though that seems less likely with him doing Ant-Man).

Honestly, I wouldn't consider Nicholas Stoller and Adam McKay for Deadpool. I could be wrong, but I don't think they really have a knack for visuals and action from what I've seen so far. As fun and meta as Deadpool is, I think the action scenes have to work as if they were played straight, and not just for laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"