Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wont be big.

Deadpool isnt some tentpole movie. It's a niche movie. It'll hopefully be Fox's answer to Kick-Ass. Dispite both being Marvel....

I agree. This isn't going to be a big budget film nor should it be.

The lower the budget, the better the movie...and more reason for Fox to leave them alone.

Ha, it's pretty funny they've got some guy who's never directed a film before. Reminds me of Eragon. They got some Special effects director to make it and that's all it was. Special Effects.

especially considering that guys resume. he did the sfx work on a series of fortunate event. who the hell watched that movie, looked at the sfx work, which wasn't that food, and thought "he should do a dragon fantasy epic!"

Ha, it's pretty funny they've got some guy who's never directed a film before. Reminds me of Eragon. They got some Special effects director to make it and that's all it was. Special Effects.

DAVID MOTHER ****ING FINCHER. JAMES MOTHER ****ING CAMERON. :cmad:

Seriously!

Sometimes, they know how movies work. Sometimes...they dont. Depends on the person. If they're inept, you'll get movies like AvP-R and Skyline....if they're not...you'll get movies like Terminator or Fight Club. (I would say Alien 3, because I love it, but most people dont....so I dunno)

especially considering that guys resume. he did the sfx work on a series of fortunate event. who the hell watched that movie, looked at the sfx work, which wasn't that food, and thought "he should do a dragon fantasy epic!"
Hehe....weird mispellings hehe.....

Don't talk about eragon that is one of the two strikes fox has in my mind. The other is dragon ball evolution.

DAVID MOTHER ****ING FINCHER. JAMES MOTHER ****ING CAMERON. :cmad:

Seriously!

Sometimes, they know how movies work. Sometimes...they dont. Depends on the person. If they're inept, you'll get movies like AvP-R and Skyline....if they're not...you'll get movies like Terminator or Fight Club. (I would say Alien 3, because I love it, but most people dont....so I dunno)

Agreed. Very few are gonna focus on any sort of positives from a first time Director with fox. We will see AVPR and Eragon brought up many times.

Reading articles on the guy, seems like he really digs comics and has worked with some cool people. He was directing a segment for the new Heavy Metal movie along with Cameron, Fincher and Snyder. His company also did effects work in Avatar. So his SFX resume is impressive and he has had directing experience just not with live action. No way to tell how that pans out till we see footage.

joe Johnson who is giving us the awesome looking captain america also started off as a special effects guy working on Star Wars and Raiders of The Lost Ark

This guy has exceperence with X-Men films too.He worked on both X-Men and X2.Joe
Johnson who Is doing a fine job with Captain America by the trailer,and also did decent job On The Rocketer(a decent film that wasn't a big hit but help get him the captain
America job) and he worked on the original Star Wars trilogy and Raiders of the Lost Ark(another factor that may have helped get him the job)

And let's never forget james Cameron worked In special effects on Escape from New York.

There has been talk since Avaitor Fox has been a bit more willing to let film makers make films.Matthew Vaughn actully made First class after walking away from both The Last
Stand and Thor.

Deadpool should be a Blade level budget.Let's hope Warner Brothers doesn't rush a Green Lantern sequel to keep Ryan Reynolds from doing Deadpool.

While I do have Issues when they reboot and keep the same people a wiggle room with Deadpool If all X-Films are Ignoring Wolverine(and likely The Last Stand too) but the begining with Deadpool and of course Sabretooth were probally the most postive things about Wolverine.

Joe Johnson who Is doing a fine job with Captain America by the trailer,and also did decent job On The Rocketer(a decent film that wasn't a big hit but help get him the captain America job) and he worked on the original Star Wars trilogy and Raiders of the Lost Ark(another factor that may have helped get him the job)

Always liked The Rocketter. Jennifer Connonly in that flick is smoken, nice and curvy in that one. Love when she has the noir thing goen for her. Its a well made flick too haha. Good film for Joe Johnston. Think his first Directed flick was Honey I shrunk the kids.

Let's hope Warner Brothers doesn't rush a Green Lantern sequel to keep Ryan Reynolds from doing Deadpool

This is what has me worried. A hitfix article said Deadpool is possibly being green lit and ready to shoot this summer cause The Wolverine is being put on hold for a year. Reynolds has RIPD still coming up and a GL sequel. I think he has to get rid of RIPD if Deadpools moving forward. If the film losses Reynolds cause he cant fit in that would be the biggest blow to the film. SO this has to happen before GL2 or else we wont see it till something like 2016.

Last edited:
With all this talk about the movie, I've been wondering, what type of deformation and scarring should they use for Deadpool in the movie? There's been a bunch of artist depictions from mild tumors, scars and veins, to almost melted face. What do you guys want to see?

I was always in favor of this:
8.jpg

Not sure if this would be the right person to direct, it could be risky.

Deadpool Has A New Director
VFX whizz Tim Miller lands the gig

09 April 2011 | Source: LA Times

Has Deadpool finally found a director? The search has been long and candidates have sat in the chair before, but all have fallen out. Now 20th Century Fox thinks it might just have found the person to wrangle the “merc with a mouth” in Tim Miller.

Tim who? He might not have any directing credits to his name, but he’s certainly an old hand when it comes to bringing superheroes to life. He’s worked on the effects for films such as X-Men and its sequel, Daredevil and, most recently, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World. He’s also a veteran of other genre material including Planet of the Apes and Cats & Dogs. Plus, he’s been part of the team looking to get Eric Powell’s cult classic comic character The Goon into cinemas.

Deadpool, which boasts a script by Zombieland co-writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, has been a film in need of a director for a while now. Robert Rodriguez was among those seriously interested, while Sweden’s Adam Berg has also been linked to the job.

And while Fox refused to comment for the LA Times story, Reese hit Twitter to confirm the news of Miller landing the gig. No doubt the studio will be hoping that locking in a director pushes the project along to such a degree that it can finally secure Ryan Reynolds to return as Wade Wilson, the unbalanced killer who often cracks wise and breaks the fourth wall while carrying out his deadly tasks. Reynolds has constantly said that he wants to make the movie, but the sticking point has been his increasingly packed schedule…

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30669

celticpredator said:
It wont be big.

Deadpool isnt some tentpole movie. It's a niche movie. It'll hopefully be Fox's answer to Kick-Ass. Dispite both being Marvel....

Do you honestly think Fox wouldn't have high hopes for an X-Men related film that they believe to have a huge fan following? If this was a film I genuinely believed Fox would leave alone, i'd have faith in Miller, but as Fox has shown with their track record, they like to stay in control of things.

One thing that has me concerned is that this film keeps getting referred to as 'X-Men Origins: Deadpool'. Why would they even want to connect it to that?

I heared some things about it being set before x-O:W so it makes sence they'll keep the title.

It's supposedly not meant to be related to that X-World at all.

Also, Celtic, you keep mentioning David Fincher like it's some golden example, and fair enough you actually like Aliens 3, but that movie is absolute garbage if you compare it to the quality of films Fincher has made when he's had real creative control over his own projects, like Seven, Fight Club, Social Network, Zodiac. All much better than Alien 3, which surprise surprise was yet another Fox controlled film.

Also, regardless of what you think of Fox, the danger element with this project is the exec producer, Donner. She is basically like a poison to any creative flowing for these X-Projects.

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is awesome and one of my favourite Finchers films.

The thing with Alien 3 was, it was a sequel to a massive franchise. There was a lot of pressure on it to deliver. It had a pretty big budget. That's when micromanaging comes into play.

Hopefully, Fox and Lauren Shulder Donner realize they can make some nice money with this Deadpool film, if they make it as a low risk, high reward type of deal. Deadpool doesn't need a big budget, or to be a mid summer event movie.

So aliens is a massive franchise with that being the 3rd film, as opposed to X-Men, which is up to its.... 5th film? Dude, they are gonna micro manage the hell out of this. Sure what you say is correct, it doesn't NEED a huge budget, but look what they did with Wolverine. How hard would it be, really, to do a Wolverine origin movie? His origin is so simple but awesome it does all the work for you. They went out of their way to change EVERYTHING purely to crowbar popular characters in order to generate interest. If they feel the need to do that with a character as successful as Wolverine, who had already proven himself with 3 films, what chance does Deadpool stand at being untampered with?

My only hope for this film is Ryan Reynolds, since Fox have all but said this film cannot happen without him as DP, so perhaps that will give him the control to hold them in line.

I suppose this film will still be set on the x-men movies universe, particularly Xo:wolverine but it will use some canonical jokes and break the 4th wall, but that won't make it non-canon, it will make it just like the stories in the marvel universe, canon changes with tiime.

With all this talk about the movie, I've been wondering, what type of deformation and scarring should they use for Deadpool in the movie? There's been a bunch of artist depictions from mild tumors, scars and veins, to almost melted face. What do you guys want to see?

I was always in favor of this:
8.jpg

Id like to see something resembling this too. I think they will stay away from the Freddy Kreueger look in order to avoid comparison. Maybe a combination of the looks.

David Fincher is one of the most celebrated directors of the decade. So.....everyone makes a start somewhere.

Only fans give a **** about Deadpool. It'll be low budget, niche film. If Fox is smart.

I suppose this film will still be set on the x-men movies universe, particularly Xo:wolverine but it will use some canonical jokes and break the 4th wall, but that won't make it non-canon, it will make it just like the stories in the marvel universe, canon changes with tiime.
The script totally makes Wolverine non canon.

Deadpool's origins are completely different. The only refrence to Wolverine is the scene where he knocks the little Fakepool action figure into the trash. :awesome:

CelticPredator said:
David Fincher is one of the most celebrated directors of the decade. So.....everyone makes a start somewhere.

Not really sure how this point backs up your previous argument... So you're saying this newcomer unknown may go on to become a great, well known director, fair enough, who knows.... But how does that make him anymore likely to overcome the same problem that other newcomers, including Fincher himself, have had when given a studio controlled franchise film as their first one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"