Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

I would say, I would be happy if the new Fantastic 4 hits $120 million in North America for its entire run.....

Above $150 million opening weekend (NA alone) is humongous.

I would say, I would be happy if the new Fantastic 4 hits $120 million in North America for its entire run.....
15149d0424ee115517ce4619ad5053dab4394b68.gifv

I feel like three MCU films coming out in a span of 6 months, and none of them are one of the bigger MCU ips aren't gonna benefit each other. The Fantastic 4 would be hurt by this the most since its the third MCU movie in those 6 months (Feb to July).

120 million (NA) isn't going to make Disney happy, but its still much a higher number than The Marvels and Fant4stic. I also don't see Brave New World and Thunderbolts crossing the $200 million mark (NA) and I can see both of them struggling to hit $150 million. So Fantastic 4 to hit 120 million and even 100 million wouldn't be that bad. Jurassic Park and Superman are also coming out in the same month as the Fantastic 4.... so thats another thing.

Its too bad, the goodwill from Deadpool & Wolverine aren't going to benefit any of those films. Before Brave New World, we are also getting Venom and Kraven first and those are still Marvel.

I feel like three MCU films coming out in a span of 6 months, and none of them are one of the bigger MCU ips aren't gonna benefit each other. The Fantastic 4 would be hurt by this the most since its the third MCU movie in those 6 months (Feb to July).

120 million (NA) isn't going to make Disney happy, but its still much a higher number than The Marvels and Fant4stic. I also don't see Brave New World and Thunderbolts crossing the $200 million mark (NA) and I can see both of them struggling to hit $150 million. So Fantastic 4 to hit 120 million and even 100 million wouldn't be that bad. Jurassic Park and Superman are also coming out in the same month as the Fantastic 4.... so thats another thing.

Its too bad, the goodwill from Deadpool & Wolverine aren't going to benefit any of those films. Before Brave New World, we are also getting Venom and Kraven first and those are still Marvel.
Fantastic Four finishing at $120 domestically wouldn't be good news at all unless it were to somehow make $600-$700M internationally. Finishing higher than The Marvels and Fant4stic is not a high bar, it needs to do a lot better than that.

Fantastic Four finishing at $120 domestically wouldn't be good news at all unless it were to somehow make $600-$700M internationally. Finishing higher than The Marvels and Fant4stic is not a high bar, it needs to do a lot better than that.
I just don't think Marvel Studios is in a great spot and how many movies so far have crossed $120 milllion so far in 2024? Most of them are from long running franchises. The Fantastic 4 have never been that popular at the box office, the movie is the 2nd reboot of the ip in more or less 10 years and people aren't going to theaters as they used to compare to the 2010s.

At this point, I wouldn't take $120 million (North America) as a big lose. The Fantastic 4 is coming out after Thunderbolts and Sam Wilson, and would face competition from Superman. The release strategy from Disney for this isn't very wise imo and that will be evident next year if the numbers appear to be this "low".

And its definitely not hitting $500 million worldwide either. I would be surprised if it hits $400 million. Imo, if they wanted it to have a bigger chance at the box office, it really should be coming out after Deadpool, Spider-Man or Avengers.

How is the China box office post-COVID?

The genre is in desperation mode. They're gonna try to do everything.

Every Spider-Man Mcu film has featured a non-Spider-Man character in a non cameo role, so if the next gimmick is to have Deadpool to work side by side with Spider-Man, its not really surprising.

Homecoming - Iron Man
Far from Home - Nick Fury that turned out to be Talos
No Way Home - Doctor Strange

But I want the next Spider-Man film to be just Spider-Man with Spider-Man characters. No Avengers, no X-Men, no Happy Hogan, No Deadpool.

We have 5 of those. Zzzzzzz.

We have 5 of those. Zzzzzzz.
So? Are you suggesting that the next several X-Men films should have one of the Avengers in a supporting role, because we've had 7 X-Men movies without the Avengers?

Also, the Spider-Man Insomniac videogames were just fine without the Avengers. Its not like they have featured all Spider-Man characters in the Mcu that you would need another Avenger or someone from another Marvel Ip to appear as a supporting character in a Spider-Man movie. Silver Sabre, Black Cat, Prowler, Miles Morales, Silk, Spider-Man 2099, etc. There are plenty of Spider-Man characters that haven't appeared in any of the Spider-Man live action films. So zzz that.

That would be completely unnecessary. I don't even know what PT Barnum is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"