Dear America... what's with all the fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when being portly was a sign of wealth and prosperity?

The problem is...we're a fast paced society with zero patience. We want everything now so we can't stay in rush mode. That's why fat food is so popular and why we prefer to eat crap rather than sit down and have a nice dinner.

Remember when being portly was a sign of wealth and prosperity?

So was pale skin in many cultures (the wealthy hired people to work in the sun for them, so the rich grew pale), but tanning trends have bucked that old tradition too.

Now it's basically, "he's fat, he must be able to afford four 1.00 double cheeseburgers, whoop-de-****ing-doo."

Food that is good for you does not taste as good. It's more expensive, and less convenient. Lethal combination.

Portion sizes, and a lack of integrity by corporation who would rather make money off of people as opposed to spending more and delivering a more heathy product.
It's not about quality anymore, it's about quantity.

Now I feel bad about eating a value sized Wendy's fries in addition to the turkey club I made myself at work.

Portion sizes, and a lack of integrity by corporation who would rather make money off of people as opposed to spending more and delivering a more heathy product.
Very true. Feeds into our eating culture as well. You don't need to gorge yourself on food to survive, yet in this country a fat person bemoaning "being hungry" is treated as if they are starving in some god-forsaken desert.

I remember going to Washington with my [mostly] fit family. My unfit, okay downright fat family member, was complaining while the fit among us were walking through enjoying the splendor and cultural experience that is DC. Instead of getting a good full day sight seeing we got a half day sight seeing, and the rest getting the fattie to a food place.

That to me is sad.

I'd rather be active, learning, sight seeing and slightly peckish the whole time.

Instead a wonderful trip is cut short to do something you can do anywhere: eat food at a chain eatery.

Haha, nothing pisses me off more when someone complains about a place having stairs or an elevator not working and they only have to walk two flights.

I remember going to Washington with my [mostly] fit family. My unfit, okay downright fat family member, was complaining while the fit among us were walking through enjoying the splendor and cultural experience that is DC. Instead of getting a good full day sight seeing we got a half day sight seeing, and the rest getting the fattie to a food place.

You should have just let this person collapse on a park bench and construct a monument around it.

The corporations will provide healthier food will the people demand it. Right now, they don't. We're more than happy to eat junk.

You should have just let this person collapse on a park bench and construct a monument around it.

So thats what they do to fat people in Canada :yay:

"your too fat, but you will make a nice foundation for a monument" Now squeel like a pig boy!

So thats what they do to fat people in Canada :yay:

"your too fat, but you will make a nice foundation for a monument" Now squeel like a pig boy!

The statue of Wayne Gretzky outside Rexall Centre in Edmonton is just five fat guys buried under a pile of chicken wing bones.

Mentality... that's all it can really boil down to. We are not the only wealthy country whose people people work ridiculous hours to maintain a family... but we are definitely the fattest.

The corporations will provide healthier food will the people demand it. Right now, they don't. We're more than happy to eat junk.
Mogan Spurlock did a pretty good job embarrassing McDonalds into changing their food with his Super Size Me documentary year ago.

Corporations could make more healthy food and despite what BS spin they give you it wouldn't cost more to make. The truth is they just don't want to. They would rather stuff the food with sugar, salt and additives to hook people to their products.

Last edited:
Posted by another in the latest "LOLpics!" thread:

WVe4M.png

"Have you seen some of the people in this country? Have you taken a good look at some of these big, fat mother****ers walking around? Big fat mother-****ers! Oh, my God. Huge piles of redundant protoplasm lumbering through the malls like a fleet of interstate buses. The people in this country are immense. Massive bellies, monstrous thighs, and big fat ****ing asses."

- George Carlin

Mentality... that's all it can really boil down to. We are not the only wealthy country whose people people work ridiculous hours to maintain a family... but we are definitely the fattest.

People in Europe also have fairly sedentary lives, but aren't as fat as Americans and Canadians. The difference is that North Americans don't cook their own meals anymore, and are addicted to pre-prepared food and restaurant/takeout meals.

Well, most of the fast food type joints originated here, so this is like their home base where they know they can depend on constant patronage. They have branches in Europe and Asia, but they haven't been as ingrained in their brains over there.

I'm fat. I know I'm fat, and I've been fighting to do something about it for years. I started 2012 with that annual "lose weight" resolution and I actually was sticking to it. I lost 20 lb's in about two months. Then some psychotic ***** ran over my leg with her Prius. I don't have health insurance so my leg as been injured for over a year. I put that weight back on simply because I lost the ability to exercise. Oh yeah, and the ****ing medication I'm on causes weight gain. That's always fun.

I lost 40 pounds in a matter of months due to my thyroid disease.

I don't know, but it's disgusting.

There are middle school children who are well on their way to being morbidly obese.

The electric scooters at work are always unavailable when some old person who can't walk needs one because fat people who get out of breath after three steps are always riding them around.

Because We're fat, We're fat, sha mone
(Fat, fat, really really fat)
You know We're fat, We're fat, you know it
You know We're fat, We're fat, you know it you know
And our shadows all weigh forty-two pounds
Lemme tell you once again who's fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online