Playstation Death Stranding: A Kojima Productions Joint

I think I'll skip the DC. The game was amazing graphics wise and story wise it was alright but all in all it was just boring to play. I have no interest just walking around building ladders to deliver packages.

I would have waited for the Director's Cut if I knew it was coming when I bought it last year. I have done most that I could do with the game (collecting stars/building bridges) and I just can't see myself going back to it just for the eXpansion. Its crazy to me that it took them 2 years+a pc port to release an eXpansion.

I would have waited for the Director's Cut if I knew it was coming when I bought it last year. I have done most that I could do with the game (collecting stars/building bridges) and I just can't see myself going back to it just for the eXpansion. Its crazy to me that it took them 2 years+a pc port to release an eXpansion.

Its Kojima. He probably spent 6 months choosing the song for the trailer.

To be honest I feel like these are quality of life side quest gameplay that should have been in the base game to make it less tedious. Adding in the Metal Gear inpsired stealth sections does just give my earlier criticism that this feels like a re-skinned Metal Gear with less features a little extra ring of truth.

A director’s cut itself isn’t that exciting to me but as I haven’t experienced the original game, will jump straight onto this when I do play. Probably won’t be for a while but I am looking forward to it.

After a couple months of picking it up and playing here and there followed by a marathon runthrough this past weekend, I finally finished the Death Stranding Directors Cut last night.

This was my first Kojima game (not counting the little bit of MGS2 I played way back in the day) and it was....quite an experience. This is definitely not a game I would have enjoyed playing in the past but having the opportunity to play a variety of different games during the pandemic has expanded my interest in gaming in general, so I was willing to give this a shot. It's more of a work of art or a film than your traditional game experience, and once you can grasp that it's easier to enjoy it. It took a while to really get going but once I got closer to the halfway point and opened up more of the world I started getting more engrossed with the gameplay. The story was bonkers as all hell and it got really self indulgent, especially with the never-ending ending that puts Return of the King to shame but Norman Reedus, Lea Seydoux and Mads Mikkelsen were all awesome in this. Overall I have no intention of ever revisiting Death Stranding again but I'm glad that I played it.

After a couple months of picking it up and playing here and there followed by a marathon runthrough this past weekend, I finally finished the Death Stranding Directors Cut last night.

This was my first Kojima game (not counting the little bit of MGS2 I played way back in the day) and it was....quite an experience. This is definitely not a game I would have enjoyed playing in the past but having the opportunity to play a variety of different games during the pandemic has expanded my interest in gaming in general, so I was willing to give this a shot. It's more of a work of art or a film than your traditional game experience, and once you can grasp that it's easier to enjoy it. It took a while to really get going but once I got closer to the halfway point and opened up more of the world I started getting more engrossed with the gameplay. The story was bonkers as all hell and it got really self indulgent, especially with the never-ending ending that puts Return of the King to shame but Norman Reedus, Lea Seydoux and Mads Mikkelsen were all awesome in this. Overall I have no intention of ever revisiting Death Stranding again but I'm glad that I played it.
Did you get all the stars and build all the roads?

Nah, I was just powering through the story. I tried to finish more roads but it was too time consuming.
There was something satisfying about the roads, especially it prevented me to fight those mud ghosts.

I didn't bother collecting the stars in the first map. You get accessories / new items when doing deliveries for those who give stars.

There was something satisfying about the roads, especially it prevented me to fight those mud ghosts.

I didn't bother collecting the stars in the first map. You get accessories / new items when doing deliveries for those who give stars.
Yeah completing roads was satisfying but after a while hauling all the components needed to make them back and forth got tedious to me so more often than not I was just using the long range trike across rougher terrain/mountainous areas both to cut across the map for a shorter route and to avoid the BTs.

Yeah completing roads was satisfying but after a while hauling all the components needed to make them back and forth got tedious to me so more often than not I was just using the long range trike across rougher terrain/mountainous areas both to cut across the map for a shorter route and to avoid the BTs.
Iirc You can recycle or sell the useless stuff and buy cement.

I'm kinda not thrilled with Kojima spending another 2-3 years on this. I really liked Death Stranding but I don't have much interest in a sequel. Felt pretty complete and self-contained.

giphy.gif

I would play it only because I've played the first game.

I hope this sequel is more engaging. Like when i was playing it, I got use to it but it felt like a chore. It felt like a job I didn't enjoy. I really felt like a delivery man and itwas just so damn tedious.

The graphiX are great Xpecially the cutscenes,but my God that story was just not for me. Confusing and too drawn out.

I'm interested in the world and lore being further developed and expanded, but if its just more package delivery I won't rush to play it.

They need more npcs out in the open world too. Not just enemies and the other delivery men.

I know the world was kinda dead but when you knew there humans out there just hiding in the bunkers/buildings. I didn't get why there were no other npcs chillin in the safe zone. And the npcs you interacted for the side missions, most of them just appeared in a hologram... like k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"