Death Stranding

This is an interesting choice to adapt into a film given how most video game properties are being turned into shows these days. Besides that, as someone who's played the game, it's not a very mass appealing idea. It's not like a God of War or The Last of Us where there's a lot of action and the story is constantly moving. Death Stranding is visually spectacular but it's a sloooooooooooooooooow burn of a story. I like the game overall but after a while playing it it did feel like a job.

Kind of funny that it seems like we're getting this before a Metal Gear movie... (if that ever happens) I bought the game on day one, but I got bored with it after a couple of hours. Never finished it. The story does seem interesting though, I just didn’t like the gameplay.

I guess Norman Reedus needs work. At least this should keep him away from Ghost Rider or other properties I actually care about.

Call up Gore Verbinski.

Not played the game yet but I do intend too at some point. What I do know of the story sounds great though and it’s Kojima so I can’t say no to that.

I guess Norman Reedus needs work.
He needs a post-apocalyptic survival movie to fall back on in case the post-apocalyptic survival show he's headlining (which in turn is spun off from the post-apocalyptic survival show he was on for over a decade) doesn't take off. :o

He needs a post-apocalyptic survival movie to fall back on in case the post-apocalyptic survival show he's headlining (which in turn is spun off from the post-apocalyptic survival show he was on for over a decade) doesn't take off. :o

He also has Boondocks Saints 3: The Saints Go ****ing Marching In. :o

I suppose a *vastly* simplified and polished version of this story could work as weird horror, but. . . well, weird horror doesn't generally get big budgets, and I have a hard time imagining Death Stranding working without a fairly big budget.

Just bought the the PS5 Directors Cut mainly because of the sequel announcement. I’m am intrigued by this movie news and look forward to how it shapes.

Visually, if they stay true to the game, it would be really stunning on the big screen.

The story of the game though is confusing. I see it not appealing to the masses.

I just got the game yesterday been meaning to play it for ages.

According to A24, “the film promises to delve into the mysteries surrounding the apocalyptic event called the ‘Death Stranding,’ which blurred the lines between life and death, and brought forth nightmarish creatures into a world on the brink of collapse.”

“A24 was born into this world about 10 years ago, their presence is singular within the industry, they are like no other. The films they are delivering to the world are high in quality and very innovative. I have been attracted to their creations and they have even inspired my own work,” said Kojima in a statement. “Their innovative approach to storytelling aligns with what Kojima Productions has been doing for the last 8 years. Now, we are making a Death Stranding movie together. There are a lot of ‘game adaptation films’ out there but what we are creating is not just a direct translation of the game. The intention is that our audience will not only be fans of the games, but our film will be for anyone who loves cinema. We are creating a Death Stranding universe that has never been seen before, achievable only through the medium of film, it will be born.”

If Kojima isn't directing this, I'm going to assume Refn will because they spend so much time together.

Most unexpected crossover ever.

I didn’t see this one getting greenlit ahead of many high profile games but it’s bound to be all kinds of weird and wonderful.

Not started the game yet but I love Kojima's ideas personally. Looking forward to this.

It'll be funny if this ends up coming out before the MGS film.

A24 is truly getting into the big budget blockbuster game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"