Death Troopers & The Imperial Special Forces

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by MurkeNyou, Dec 17, 2016.

1. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Registered

Anyone else satisfied with how they were used? Think it was just another excuse to make more toys?

2. titansupes

titansupes Registered

I feel like some Death Trooper stuff got cut.

3. Drizzle

Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

Maybe I've just gotten more cynical, but I totally think it was an excuse to make more toys. :oldrazz: They didn't really make much of an impact with me, I was content enough seeing the regular stormtroopers.

4. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

Me too. They aren't explained, I'd like to know why they talk in like muffled transmissions instead of the regular troopers. They also got used in battle for like one scene and all died nearly as easily as regular Stormtroopers.

5. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Registered

I figured the transmission between soldiers was scrambled. The Hidalgo book explains they were cybernetically and physically enhanced, and they were pretty lethal in the film. I seen them as a Seal Team 6 style of Storm Troopers.

People complain about not seeing these guys before, and if you think about it, we will probably be seeing them in other media next. Does the First Order have a more recent variant?

6. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

Absolutely. There are several shots in the trailers of them (and other things) that were no where in the final film.