Deathstroke Solo Movie

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
https://www.thewrap.com/gareth-evans-dc-comics-deathstroke/

After Affleck stepped down and Matt Reeves was hired to direct “The Batman,” Reeves shelved Affleck’s script and started over. Evans who initially passed on directing “Justice League Dark,” however impressed DC executives with his Deathstroke pitch that the company decided to go forward with a spinoff film.

Sounds good, but who knows if this one will pan out.

Can't imagine the budget would be too terribly large for this, so it could be a safer bet.

I know this is yet another "In development" DCEU movie with only a director and main actor, but god damn this fits so good.

Gareth Evans and Deathstroke?! I'm in!

:ilv::hmr:

THR corroborates the news http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deathstroke-movie-works-raid-director-1051872?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Warner Bros. is giving the DC villain Deathstroke the leading man treatment.

The Raid director Gareth Evans is in early talks to write and direct a solo film based on the assassin, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film would be a starring vehicle for Joe Manganiello.

No deals have been completed with Evans or Manganiello. The actor was previously cast as the villain in Ben Affleck's solo Batman film, back when Affleck was both starring in and directing The Batman. It is unclear if he will still appear in a solo Batman film, which director Matt Reeves is now helming.

Good lord, people. This is a scoop by El Maybe. Please take with an enormous pinch of salt.

The Raid I and II mofo's. This could be very tasty indeed.

This is awesome news. And like Boom said the budget won't be high. The Raid and The Raid 2 featured some of the best hand-to-hand combat you'll ever see put to film. And the films were great.

THR

A movie starring DC villain #Deathstroke is in the works with the director of #TheRaid http://bit.ly/2yMIztQ

200.webp

Try to keep up Old Man Fallen. Let the yougins do the job. They are much better at it anyway. :p :p

200.webp

Try to keep up Old Man Fallen. Let the yougins do the job. They are much better at it anyway. :p :p

Thatt was in response to someone saying it's only El Maybe and The Wrap. I gave a proper trade source. Keep up young padawan.

I really hope this pans out. Evans is a dream pick and Slade Wilson is one of my all-time favorite DC characters.

wIongO1.gif

DZa1djN.gif

I can only imagine the action sequences :hmr:

I asked El Mayimbe about the chances of getting made:
Chad Roddy
@elmayimbe Do you think this has a good chance of being made? So many DC projects in development! Hope Deathstroke gets made! #Deathstroke

Umberto Gonzalez
@elmayimbe
Absolutely

We'll see if this has a chance of panning out, but I hope it does! Then again, lots of other DC films in the works!

Last edited:
So another dart to throw at the wall. How about Justice League come out and we get further development of the list of films that DC already has on its slate?

Hopefully this happens. This is type of project I want to see.

Joe Mango is still attached?

All the best to Joe. It always seems like for every step back in his lost roles, he does pick it up again soon after. A solo movie of his own under Gareth is incredible, but I can't imagine how he'd feel if the proverbial rug is pulled up from under him once again.

Honestly this movie shouldn't be any more expensive than Deadpool was to make, so there's no reason not to let Evans go all out and make a bat****, hard R action film. Think The Raid meets Kill Bill.

Very interesting. Evans and Deathstroke sounds like quite a combo. Indeed, something like the Kill Bill films or Dredd should be the tone to go with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"