Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]535073[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]534691[/split]

3. terry78

terry78 I hanker fer a hunka cheese

It's pretty telling.

4. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Should probably just change the name of this thread to The Sexual Harassment thread

5. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

Hollywood is an exceptionally sexist environment. This has been clear for a long time given their track record on representation and hirings, but these abuse scandals can serve as confirmation.

A woman is more likely to be elected United States Senator, to win a Nobel prize in science, or to serve on the board of a Fortune 500 company, than she is to win an Oscar for best director.

[reposted, so that it's not lost]

6. Mike_D202

Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

:up: There was a new article up on yahoo a few weeks ago with a detailed account of one of Singer's "pool parties" by someone that was invited there. It was taken down within hours along with the young man's tweets (and possibly twitter account, I can't remember). Something tells me he's one of the nerve centers for this trafficking/pedo Hollywood ring.

7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

PBU it is.

8. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I think the fact that Patty Jenkins was only contracted out for one WW movie is all the evidence you need for the difficulties woman directors face.

And, as this thread is a testament too, a **** ton of harrassment and assault.

9. DarthSkywalker

That is because women don't like making blockbusters. None of them are into such genres. :o

10. regnak

regnak Well-Known Member

To be fair the way the DCEU started off I would not have given any director multiple movies until I saw how their first one turned out. Not doing that got them stuck with Zach Snyder for JL until he decided to bow out.

11. DarthSkywalker

That isn't what happened, at all. They decided on Snyder three separate times.

12. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

The reason that Patty Jenkins didn't get a lot of contracts and didn't take as many movies as for example Brett Ratner is that she's a woman and women aren't that interested in filmmaking.

;-)

13. FilmNerdJamie

FilmNerdJamie I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL!

14. DarthSkywalker

Now I really do think he did it.

15. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Yeah, that denial isn't helping his cause.

16. kevork89

kevork89 Well-Known Member

What i'm most interested (I guess that's the word i'm looking for) in, is finding out who is involved in the pedophilia aspect of Hollywood. Based on things i've read and what has been said by people in the past and what's coming to light is so so scary. The fact that these kids are unprotected in Hollywood, left on sets with producers and whoever doing god knows what to them is absolutely frightening. I know anyone can write those blind items but i've read a ton lately especially during the 80s and 90s. It sounds like all these young kids from sitcoms and what not were assaulted. I just don't understand how it happens and how people can do that.

I hope all these actors who are still alive and ok just pool together and take down these scum.

17. terry78

Tv Tropes refers to that as the suspiciously specific denial.

18. Blackman

Blackman C'mon Son

I mean yes women directors do face a lot, but I don't think that's an example. I feel like most times directors are only contracted for 1 movie. It's rare but I can't remember many major series in recent years that kept 1 director for the whole stretch unless it was shot back to back. TDKT is the only one I can remember that wasn't shot back to back from recent years. Russo Bros with Cap 2 & 3.

19. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Patty Jenkins being contracted only for one movie is actually a good thing for her. Now that the first movie was a hit she can ask for a bigger paycheck to comeback for a sequel.

20. guitarsingerguy

guitarsingerguy Who am I?

Accusations have been popping up against Singer for years, so it's definitely not anything new with him. If I remember correctly, his name used to pop up alot with Spacey's which makes sense considering Supes Returns. Jesus... could you imagine being ganged up on by two fairly powerful people in Hollywood, and you're deathly afraid any wrong move or "no" could cripple your career? It's terrifying to consider.

21. guitarsingerguy

It's actually pretty common to only get signed for a single film until they know what it's gonna do at the box office. The second contract is usually when multiple pictures start coming into play. It's just a big game because then the director's have significantly more bargaining power as well at that point. Now the actors are a different story. They get hit with that multi-picture deal up front which sucks for them.

22. guitarsingerguy

Idk...wasn't Feldman supposed to start naming names, or was that only after he got his 10 million in "protection" money?

23. guitarsingerguy

Indeed...and she straight up got PAID to come back, so it definitely worked in her favor.

24. Mike_D202

Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

Make no mistake, this is STILL active in Hollywood. Finn Wolfhard's agent was fired after accusations were made against him from sexual assault by another client. Ever wonder what happened to Ashton Kutcher in films? He's been VERY active in battling child human trafficking, even going as far as going to congress.

25. terry78

Yeah, I've always respected Kutcher and found it hilarious how so many fanboys bash him yet in his actual life he does a lot of noble ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.