Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franco's Colbert interview is interesting...

I think you're kind of dodging Erz's question. Just to give you an example of what he's talking about, one time my girlfriend was at a wedding that I was not invited to. She got drunk, and when my girlfriend gets drunk one thing she does is crave sex. This rarely happens because she doesn't drink very much but she did on this very occasion. So the whole time for the rest of night she was being very touchy-feely and trying to initiate something with me for hours. In this example, he is saying that I should not be held accountable if something happens. This is of course assuming she doesn't wake up in the morning regretting the decision or anything like that. But the example provided stated this. I think this scenario is what Erz wants you to address. Not the hypothetical regret next morning provided. Simply put, should this be considered rape?

For the record, I did not end up doing anything with her that night, but that was because she went to sleep about 20 minutes after we got home. Had she not fell asleep, I am sure she would have kept trying to get me to succumb. I am not passing judgement on your opinion, either. I just want to get a better understanding of your definition.
In this scenario, I believe you leave it in the hands of the other person to decide how they feel the next morning. I personally wouldn't do it at all. But if you decide to have sex with someone else who you know has been drinking and in this case we agree at least legally drunk, then there is a case to be made if they feel so the next day or even further down the road.

There is a lot of measuring how drunk someone else here is, and how that effects them. And I think that is why cases are starting to more and more not make allowances for simple interpretations imo. Or even using the idea you yourself were drunk as a defense. And no, I do not think someone being someone's significant other changes what is expected of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"