The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

She may be all of those things, but hasn't it been said that as a person, she's not very nice? More spoilt? I suppose a lot of young stars are these days mind you. On that basis alone though, I think I'd be more concerned with the world burning.

I was only talking about the outside, not the inside.
I don't know her nor do I care about how she is but I understand the appeal ( physically I mean ).

lol, as if that preacher was remotely concerned with what kind of person she is. He was more concerned about her other, uh, assets.
Very sad day that even a funeral, an event for remembrance of a person's life, soul and place upon this earth is taken over by a man of the cloth believing it be okay to take an opportunity to grope someone and an ex-president (admittedly, with previous) ogling a women up & down. Mankind, and our incapability to show, demonstrate & carry ourselves with respect (the saddest part of the event, given Franklin's sincerity and wish for the song lyrics to stand so powerfully for the central belief of equality) is all so depressing.
These are (some of) the same law abiding people that fiddle with kids or condemn homosexual relationships when they're at it themselves. I don't wish to get anti-religion, so I'll say no more on the matter, but it's one big hypocritical farce.
I was only talking about the outside, not the inside.
I don't know her nor do I care about how she is but I understand the appeal ( physically I mean ).
Fair point. :)

These are (some of) the same law abiding people that fiddle with kids or condemn homosexual relationships when they're at it themselves. I don't wish to get anti-religion, so I'll say no more on the matter, but it's one big hypocritical farce.

Oh I know, and I too, am not engaging in the values or virtues of religion as a bastion of hope & social conscience, it is one of, if not, THE most hypocritical intuitions or concepts ever graced upon the human existence, my point comes more from the actual occasion and the meaning of whose moral compass they were paying respect too, and that was shown to be the way some men presented their respect. Shame on them.

Last edited:
Yep, dude wears the cloth and presided over Aretha Franklin’s funeral because he might get an opportunity to cop a feel on a hot chick.

Heaps of moral authority there....

Hey guys....we're in the SEXUAL HARASSMENT thread....let's not be discussing which woman is hotter than another one.

And this is why there's a statue of limitations.

D.A. Declines to File Charges Against Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal

The Los Angeles County District Attorney on Tuesday declined to file sexual assault charges against actors Kevin Spacey, Anthony Anderson, and Steven Seagal.

The office had received investigations on each of the actors from various local police agencies. In the case of Spacey and Seagal, the charges were not filed due to the statute of limitations. In Anderson’s case, the victim refused to cooperate with investigators, according to the D.A.’s office.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department investigated a claim that Spacey committed forcible sodomy in October of 1992. The allegation was too old to bring charges, according to a D.A. worksheet.

In the Seagal case, a woman alleged that the actor had sexually assaulted her in 1993. The Beverly Hills Police Department took a report and forwarded it to the D.A., though the statute of limitations had expired in 1999.

That allegation against Anthony Anderson seemed suspect anyway.

Haha, Megyn Kelly just took a well-justified shot at the NBC brass over covering up the Weinstein story.

Good show, blondie. It's been known McGowan named him by name at the time, and Farrow (blahh as he is as a reporter) seemed to have the goods to run it.

Farrow has been on a roll as a journalist for a few years now. Far from blah whatever the hell that's supposed to imply.

He doesn't like him?

This Black stuff is so goddamn disappointing. Eck. Comes off as a real weasel with that response to it.

Not going to boycott the movie or anything, but damn. Props to Fox for acting quickly on it though. Doesn't quite rise to the level of the Gunn stuff given it wasn't Black personally, but it sure as **** puts him in that Tarantino/Clooney/Damon/Affleck blind-eye category. Expected better of Shane, this is pretty twisted.

It'd be one thing if Shane was all "I believe in second chances" and he'd informed the cast/crew (specifically Munn, but everyone really) in advance, everyone was on board and believing the guy had genuinely changed and been through major therapy and stuff. But that's clearly not how it went down, **** Black for this bull****.

This is worse than the Gunn situation. There is an actual, physical victim here and according to the perpetrator, Black knew the facts of the situation though maybe Black will dispute that.

Gunn joked that his dog might be a pedophile because he likes kids so much. It's not the same, lol.

I just meant in terms of Shane not being the actual creep. He's still clearly way in the wrong here.

Bryan Singer cast his friend Brian Peck in cameo roles in the first two X-Men movies and also had him join him of the commentary track for the first films DVD.

Peck is a registered sex offender convicted of child molestation. One of about 4 that Singer is friends with. Marc Collins-Rector, the former owner of media company DEN is also a friend of Singer that attended his parties and is a convicted child molester. Rector fled but was eventually caught and confessed to his crimes.

At this point I am not really surprised when I hear about these things.

Bryan Singer cast his friend Brian Peck in cameo roles in the first two X-Men movies and also had him join him of the commentary track for the first films DVD.

Peck is a registered sex offender convicted of child molestation. One of about 4 that Singer is friends with. Marc Collins-Rector, the former owner of media company DEN is also a friend of Singer that attended his parties and is a convicted child molester. Rector fled but was eventually caught and confessed to his crimes.

So, what? Compare bad behavior to some other prior behavior? **** Bryan for doing that too.

Well Singer is very probably a sex offender himself, so that's not remotely surprising.

Roland Emmerich threw those creepy parties with tons of teenage boys too.

So what about Todd Phillips casting Mike Tyson in the Hangover movies?

You're talking about a movie almost ten years old, that happened before MeToo. Also, Tyson did serve time for his crime. He paid his debt to society.

Of course there would be an uproar today. Heck, there was an uproar when they tried to cast Mel Gibson in a cameo for the sequel.

Black's friend Striegel also served time.

But, it goes back to the argument can anyone ever really come back?

And let's be honest, even a decade ago the Tyson thing was hardly uncontroversial. It was questioned pretty heavily at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"