The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Cosby got 3-7 years in prison.

As a child of the 80s, it really feels weird to think he could die in jail.

He will. And I'm still torn up about it considering how much of his stuff I've grown up on

Frank Sinatra has long been dead.
He's speaking about Woody Allen. Mia has said that Frank "may" be his father biologically....but Ronan considers Woody his father.

Three months in prison and a $457 fine over an ash slap. Huh. Well, I don't know what to base that against, but at first glance, I'd expect it to be one or the other instead of both.

It wasn't just an ash slap. He harassed her as well. I think it's good to get both.

Three months in prison and a $457 fine over an ash slap. Huh. Well, I don't know what to base that against, but at first glance, I'd expect it to be one or the other instead of both.

Street harassment in France is very common , so 100% on board with this new law.

I still can’t fathom why Trump isn’t in prison already for rape, or tax fraud, or [insert everything campaign related].

His acolytes will fight tooth and nail for it not to happen. You see what's going on with this judge stuff.

We really need to rename this something more generic regarding sexual assault and harassment.

Man accused of kidnapping woman and *********ing on her is given ‘one pass,’ won’t go to prison

Washington Post

People that can only ejaculate when the woman fears she is going to die is probably on their way to becoming a serial killer. At the very least his disturbing fetish is going to cause him to strangle a woman for too long or crush her trachea and then he'll be a murderer.

I still can’t fathom why Trump isn’t in prison already for rape, or tax fraud, or [insert everything campaign related].

Probably similar tactics as Weinstein. And Ivana and Marla are most likely not going to risk their alimony. The rumors about Ivana's divorce papers are... pretty bad.

The Cosby news saddens me a bit. Not because he doesn't deserve to rot in jail and be punished for the pain he caused. But also because I did grow up with him and while it doesn't excuse any of what he did, his show did show that the black community could be successful and even relatable. I have no doubt that it helped black kids feel a sense of pride. That legacy will be forever tarnished.

The Cosby news saddens me a bit. Not because he doesn't deserve to rot in jail and be punished for the pain he caused. But also because I did grow up with him and while it doesn't excuse any of what he did, his show did show that the black community could be successful and even relatable. I have no doubt that it helped black kids feel a sense of pride. That legacy will be forever tarnished.

No lies, Bill Cosby was one of my comedy role models growing up, along with the Dave Allen, Dan Aykroyd and the cast of SCTV. But yeah, **** him to bad place, I hope this is effectively a death sentence for him. The good thing is, African American kids (and kids of other minority groups as well) have no shortage of successful role models now, real or fictional.

You would think people would be a little more careful in what they say but then you have someone like this go straight ahead and do it on camera.

Ehh, he'll lose his job for being a moron. System works.

He will in this case but it still shows how far it is from people realizing saying things like that is not going to be accepted anymore.

I'm curious as to what the students think of his comment.

Some of the more less enlightened ones probably agree.

This whole Kavanaugh circus is unbelievable. The MeToo movement has been a juggernaut and though I've been resistant to the movement dredging up painful memories from my own past this recent event with Kavanaugh and Blasey-Ford have me in a deep dark pit. I was sexually assaulted at a very young age. I'm a male, and it happened to me. I never get into specifics and I'll never pull it back into a public sort of spotlight, but I happened. My Mother reported it. There were doctors and lawyer and all that. She dropped the case once she found out they were going to push me into testifying in open court about what happened. She knew that reliving the trauma at that young age would cause more damage and harm me further. I can't imagine how Blasey-Ford is feeling having to relive all of that today. She's truly brave and I applaud her for coming forward and putting herself through this. I hope the truth will out and I hope that justice, however small it may be at this point, will be served.

Thanks for sharing your story. It’s easy to ask why people didn’t report it, but anyone who’s been paying attention knows the answer is never that simple or easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"