The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

So, Kevin Spacey's back. He's also going to be arraigned soon, but I don't put too much stock in that because I'm sure that he'll probably walk.

Anyway, this video.

I saw the thumbnail on YouTube and thought it was something fake so... wow and yikes.

It doesn't mean he's innocent. It just means he had the money to fight the university for allegedly violating his rights and won. The assault is a completely separate issue.

In another story,

Graphic details emerge in Kevin Spacey sex assault case

Doe v. University of Cincinnati, No. 16-4693 (6th Cir. 2017)

That's true, however they didnt allegedly violate his rights. They did. The only evidence they had of sexual assault was her testimony. No physical evidence that an assault occurred and no witnesses. The accused of course denied her allegations. During the title ix hearing the accuser failed to appear in front of the arc panel, the people deciding the case, and based off the evidence they found him guilty of sexual assault. The problem with this is that the evidence available were two conflicting stories and no corroborating evidence to support or refute the accuser's allegations. Basically it was a wash. Despite that, the panel decided to believe the accuser over the accused. Thats where his due process rights were violated. Because in a case like this where its a literal he said/she said situation the accused has the right to cross examine his accuser in front of the panel for them to more accurately determine whether his or her version of events of the night in question was more believable. That didnt happen so the courts found that his rights were violated and suspended the university's findings and allowed him to go back to school.

You mean those with money and power can manipulate these situations? Never.
If by manipulate you mean a person fights against his rights being violated by a university and winning then yeah.

Last edited:
Thicke was like the Eminem of r&b, wr just viewed him as one of us.
Iono bout dat. Dude did help gas up Miley Cyrus and her "twerking and I'm trying to be Black" phase.

I think it didn't make as much headline news because Thicke and Patton weren't big enough for the media outlets to push that story more. Even though it wasn't that long ago, the media didn't talk of the sort of thing like they do now.

Robin Thicke is a tool. Which is sad because his dad seemed like a good guy. RIP Alan.

I've been missing out on this thread for a while, and more stuff has come here.

I actually just wanted to comment on the Spacey clip.

Now, that was IMHO the weirdest public response that I never would've expected. It's really sad personally that an actor that I highly respected turned out to be a sexual assaulter. And this video certainly didn't do any favours to him. It was just weird AF.

I've no idea what the bad place Spacey was thinking doing this. I've never watched House of Cards, but I think I got at least some slight of the premise considering the show, and somewhat his character. Whatever, this was just creepy and awful.

So I see Louis CK, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to remind the world that he still exists.

So I see Louis CK, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to remind the world that he still exists.
And going after...

Survivors of mass shootings?!

Da fork, Louis?

The school shooting bit seems in particular quite bad. Dismissing what they went through seems to suggest that he hasn't exactly taken his penance to heart.

I laughed at most of it. Is there more or am i listening to an edited version? Vid I listened to was just a bit over 2 minutes.
I heard a full hour. It’s probably close to his finale set. It’s pretty good. Not his best, but a great comeback. I’m sure all the Soccer Moms will have a fit, especially the ones who think they’re not, but truly are.

In other words: it’s funny stuff.

Listened to half of it on YouTube but now it seems it's been taken down.

If the market doesn't want him, maybe he'll just go away.

I heard a full hour. It’s probably close to his finale set. It’s pretty good. Not his best, but a great comeback. I’m sure all the Soccer Moms will have a fit, especially the ones who think they’re not, but truly are.

In other words: it’s funny stuff.

You're not funny.

It's going to be a doozy when some of you discover Mortal Kombat fatalities and Marilyn Manson lyrics.

And so starts Louis' turn to trying to make an audience of right-wingers. Will he finally break the curse of conservative comedians not being funny?

I doubt it. He's going for shocking funny which I don't think the market will go for.

He's not interesting anymore. Next.

Well, I mean it's just easy. He's lost the left, so now he has to go right. What's the easiest thing to go after to get the right? The trans community. So now of course you get jokes as lazy as "Isn't it funny, how trans people...? Amirite?!" It's purposely done. He's desperately trying to keep an audience.

If there are enough right wingers to keep him going, I guess that's that. But I think he's done being an a-list comedian.

On the one hand, this new material from Louis hasn't been workshopped. This is why comedians don't like people recording sets at places like The Comedy Cellar: it's a work in progress. You put it up in front of an audience, and you fine tune. A huge part of that is finding the boundaries.

On the other hand: this is all angry outward projection. Where the fork is the introspection? I see zero attempt or even a desire to own his massive flaws and his considerable baggage, to find a way to deal with them comedically and honestly.

And on the third hand: he's still a perverted jerk who did shirtty things and I find it hard to approach him at all anymore.

Last edited:
I'm not remotely a Louis CK fan but this is one of the few reasons why I don't want to associate myself as liberal even though I vote democrat and most of my views tend to be progressive with women's right and the environment. I truly hate that the "progressive side" feels the need to censor or destroy anyone who dare's to say anything that might or is offensive. He's a comedian. Get the bad place over it. In the eighties when I was very little I remember comedians making space shuttle Challenger jokes. Like the one Did you know that Christa McAuliffe was blue eyed? One blew left and one blew right. Humor can be cathartic. Even dark humor.

I also find it funny someone like Lenny Bruce, a man who Hollywood honored him in the film Lenny for pushing the boundaries in free speech. A man who was convicted for obscenity which is a law that was supported by conservatives. Now Lenny would in this day in age be considered no better than Hitler by Hollywood and the left and would love to arrest him not for breaking obscenity, but for hate speech.

And I say this as a female with a child.

Last edited:
Why is it only liberals who are blamed for censorship? Trump wants to ban SNL skits. Trump fans walked out of Patton Oswalt's show when he started making fun of Trump. Stop blaming leftists. Louis CK is more than welcome to continue making his jokes and the market will decide if he's successful or not. That's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"