Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 5

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Hacksaw Ridge is a good film.

2. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

So I hear. Still not inclined to watch it. Maybe some day I will but for now outside Machete Kills and Expendables 3 I haven't watched anything he's in. And I really wish I had not seen Expendables 3.

3. moviedoors

moviedoors Registered

Speaking personally, Louis CK was my favorite comedian for the longest. Favorite. I bonded pretty deeply with my baby mama with his material early on in our relationship. It one of the first ways we connected. We saw him live twice. Listening/watching to his past material has some deeply personal memories attached to it.

I'm still grossed out by him and profoundly disappointed in the way he's handled his return.

Another example:

Bill Cosby. I got into comedy because of him. BILL COSBY: HIMSELF is the special I've seen more times than any other. I've shown it to so many people over the years. I saw him live in 2004 and considered it a major moment in terms of being a comedy fan.

Threw out all my Bill Cosby vinyl when it came out he was a rapist.

4. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Rumors of R.Kelly and underage girls have been swirling about since the nineties. The whole creepy relationship he had with Aaliyah was well known. Vibe even found a marriage certificate for Kelly and Aaliyah with 15 year old Aaliyah falsely claiming her age as 18. The marriage annulled and R.Kelly denied but numerous people knew Kelly and Aaliyah at the time claim they were openly in a relationship.

5. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

R.Kelly being a ephebophile (teenagers in the 15-19 range as opposed to the pedophile he is called) is well known and skeevy but his fans won't or don't care and the laws are ill-equipped to deal with sexual predators in most cases.

6. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Still haven't seen the Expendables 3 either. Sometimes I forget it exist really. :funny:

7. DarthSkywalker

I feel like the documentary does a good showing of how he was insulated by the black community. It is not dissimilar to OJ. Crazy thing is, the Boondocks and Chappelle were pointing this out like 15 years ago.

8. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I remember that Boondocks episode.

9. terry78

terry78 Ooooh Angela

We all knew. We also knew how much people crucify black celebs when they **** up. So that explains the indolent ignorance.

10. Sithborg

I mean, there is a history of trumped up accusations against black men. So I can understands why people would dismiss accusations.

11. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

But **** black women right? Where is their protection?

These weren't just accusations. Da Scribe went to Kelly's old high school and they had alarms to warn kids when Kelly was in the parking lot. That's ****ed up.

12. Sithborg

That's not what I am saying. I am saying is that I can see why they would be distrustful of accusations against prominent black men.

13. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

Aren't false accusations usually reserved for poor black men? When was the last time a prominent black guy was falsely accused?

14. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Well...was there ever any proof or results that came from those accusations at Morgan Freeman? Doesn't seem like he's fallen off of the radar since then.

15. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

8 women came forward. Their stories have been corroborated. They're not false accusations.

Teelie likes this.
  16. Schlosser85

Morgan Freeman is not going anywhere until he dies or retires.

17. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Plenty of others were pointing it out as well. Chris Rock for one. Sadly I recall someone on this forum defending Kelly when the pee tape was fresh news. "She was experienced". Not their exact words but that was the gist. Some sick and apathetic people out there.

18. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

19. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This has been floating around again...

20. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

21. chamber-music

I think the OJ situation was somewhat unique. People forget the whole historical context of the time. LAPD officers had just got acquitted with the whole Rodney King beatdown just two years before and Latasha Harlins's killer had the jury's suggestion of sentence dismissed by the judge who her a ridiculously light sentence. Both these events triggered the LA Riots. The LAPD already
    had a bad rep for being racist which wasn't exactly helped with Mark Fuhrman taking to the stand during the OJ trail.

African Americans wanted OJ to go free more as a gesture of payback to the LAPD and the justice system that they felt was stacked against them rather than because they really loved OJ Simpson or believed he was completely innocent. It sounds petty and morally dubious but at the time you could probably see why some people would feel that way.

A Juror on the OJ trail straight up said as much in a recent documentary.

Teelie likes this.
  22. chamber-music

Trash people will go on defending scum until the end. There are still people that defend Tekashi 6ix9ine, Bill Cosby and Chris Brown.

Younger Millennials and Generation Z who are less attached to R Kelly have no problem turning their back on him.
    A lot of Black folk turned on Kanye West last year. Black Twitter was roasting him hard for while. His crazy stuff finally got to the point in which a lot of black folk were saying they were done with him. Kanye started backtracking hard on a bunch of stuff he did as well recently which wasn't too surprising.

23. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

24. DarthSkywalker

About an an hour and six minutes in, Spacey at his hearing. Man couldn't look creepier.

25. Schlosser85

Yea I think it’s safe to say at this point that there’s a reason why Spacey was good at playing villainous roles.

DarthSkywalker likes this.