Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 5

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Jul 22, 2018.

1. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Spacey was the real keyser soze all along :eek:

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  2. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

3. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

4. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Right, but the transgender people themselves are the restroom menace. :whatever:

Teelie likes this.
  5. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

North Carolina once again going out of it's way to show why their anti-LGBTQ law was only a reflection of some of it's residents.

6. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

Looks like John Lasseter's found new work:

Ousted Pixar Chief John Lasseter Hired by Skydance Animation

7. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

It was too much to hope for him to be out of the industry for a while. sigh

8. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

You're never completely ousted in the entertainment industry. Because too many of them are in the same boat as you.

9. Sithborg

Here's the memo they wrote to staff about bringing him on...

Dear Colleagues:

I wanted to share with you first some news that we are announcing today.

Industry visionary John Lasseter is joining us to lead Skydance Animation. John will be based in Los Angeles and will report directly to me.

Bill Damaschke will be transitioning from his current role, and we are hopeful he will choose to remain within the Skydance family.

The attached press release outlines the news more fully, but I wanted to share a few things that have informed our decision to bring John on board.

First, no one can dispute John’s legacy building Pixar and Walt Disney Animation into the leadership position they now enjoy. His creative vision and forward-looking approach to animation has transformed the entire industry. At his heart, John is a storyteller – with a unique ability to tell beautiful and emotionally-driven tales that resonate and inspire audiences around the globe.

Second, I know many of you are aware of John’s admitted mistakes in his prior role helming those
    studios. John has been forthright in taking ownership of his behavior, apologized for his actions and has spent the past year on sabbatical analyzing and improving his workplace behavior.

Third, we employed outside counsel to thoroughly investigate the allegations, which we considered serious and have warranted our full attention as we made this important decision. The senior leadership team and I have all carefully evaluated the findings of this extensive investigation.

Let me be clear: we have not entered into this decision lightly.

While we would never minimize anyone’s subjective views on behavior, we are confident after many substantive conversations with John, and as the investigation has affirmed, that his mistakes have been recognized. We are certain that John has learned valuable lessons and is ready to prove his capabilities as a leader and a colleague. And he has given his assurance that he will comport himself in a wholly professional manner that is the expectation of every Skydance colleague and partner.

We are very hopeful and excited about what the coming years will bring, as John’s art transcends generations and cultures, while deeply resonating on a fundamental level with what makes us uniquely human.

The senior leadership team and I will be hosting a town hall for all Skydance Animation colleagues shortly to speak with you directly about this transition. Additional town halls at SDM and SDI will take place today and tomorrow.

Skydance Animation colleagues, please be on the lookout for a call-to-gather email. I look forward to speaking with you in person.

Thanks,
    David

They better be damn confident about him not slipping up, because that is a huge lawsuit just waiting to happen.

10. Teelie

They better have a handler on him at all times so he doesn't mishandle any of the female employees.

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

See, now this is why the "These men's lives are RUINED!" takes are ****ing stupid. These guys aren't ruined. They're biding their time so they can tip-toe back in and say they've done some soul-searching. Rinse. Repeat.

12. Sithborg

I don't know, telling your employees that you investigated the claims, and that they are true, but don't worry, he has assured us he is sorry, opens yourself to a huge ass amount of liability.

Teelie likes this.
  13. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

I'm sure we will soon see Lauer and O' Reilly return.

14. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

15. DarthSkywalker

That is the thing these powerful men do. They sit out for a bit, have people write think pieces about when is enough time enough time, without actually doing any kind of work on themselves or the cause, then they come back in the backdoor. Like they paid their debt to society or something by living ridiculously rich lives away from the spotlight. Louis CK is doing it right now as well.

16. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

CK's approach was a rather unique one. Instead of appearing humbled and apologetic, he went with "HEY, **** THOSE PARKLAND KIDS!"

17. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

Some people don't take apologies at face value, and he and Kevin Hart are probably two of them. So they're like, it;s not gonna be taken as genuine anyway.

18. Sithborg

Umm, Kevin Hart and Louis CK are completely, completely different situations. A LOT more than an apology is needed for CK.

Teelie likes this.
  19. terry78

terry78 BUY MY BOOK!!!!

Yeah, I know. I mean people don't really care about verbal apologies in general when they're looking for someone to actually be sorry.

Teelie likes this.
  20. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

That's pretty ****ing horrible of her. She's a victim of sexual assault and she couldn't find the decency to believe multiple accusers? I know she apologized, but **** her.

21. DarthSkywalker

So he has just decided to skip the entire process and started making fun of kids who watched their friends and classmates murdered in front of their eyes.

#1046 DarthSkywalker, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Schlosser85 likes this.
  22. DarthSkywalker

Blaming her own assault seems rather... bizarre. I am not sure it tracks the way she thinks it does.

Teelie and Elektra1 like this.
  23. Teelie

Reminds me of Asia Argento or Lena Dunham.

24. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Plus Hollywood never really turns their back on someone who can make them money.

People were freaking out about James Gunn getting booted by Disney but the trades were reporting that various studios and producers were already just waiting to offer him a gig once Disney dropped him. It didn't take long for WB to swoop in and sign him up to work on Suicide Squad 2.

Even convicted pedophiles have been welcomed back into Hollywood and offered work.

25. Elektra1

Elektra1 I like cats

Is that really different for any area of work? A guy I worked with was sued for sexual assault when he was an RCMP officer (the hazing ritual he put female recruits through was disgusting) and he was promoted to a director at the government agency I worked at. The first thing that pops up when you google his name is the sexual assault case.

I'm not defending Hollywood, but let's not pretend that it's the only profession that re-hires POS people.

DarthSkywalker and Schlosser85 like this.