The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

The Vic Mignogna thing is really just becoming an ugly train wreck that needs to conclude. It’s disappointing and probably very disheartening for a lot of fans who grew up with and inspired by the characters he played, but the guy is guilty. The lawsuits and countersuits, it’s all just a mess at this point.

Wonder who he’ll want to play him in his own produced biopic about his struggles and ultimate redemption. Ryan Gosling?

We got a little off-track the last couple pages, and I admit I was taking part too, but I cleaned it up a bit so we're staying on topic.

Hw32q2B.jpg

This is the British version of the R Kelly interview:

So, Black Widow press circuit is going to be fun.

EDIT: And update, Vic Mignogna got his with a quarter million dollars for his SLAPP suit. Doubles that if he appeals. So, a decent lawyer would probably stop there.

Is what Scarlett Johansson says really that awful?
The issue is her general contradiction, mixed with the fact that she seems it ignore the very basic concept that sexual predators are liars, who groom those around them to protect them. It's just hard to say you believe women, when you are calling your friend's accusers a liar, because someone is your friend. It's no different then the Lena Dunham BS from a while back. When it personally touches them, their stance changes. She's a hypocrite, demonstrating classic privileged behavior.

I also think it is important to point out that Allen has multiple accusers. She is saying every single one of them are liars.

The issue is her general contradiction, mixed with the fact that she seems it ignore the very basic concept that sexual predators are liars, who groom those around them to protect them. It's just hard to say you believe women, when you are calling your friend's accusers a liar, because someone is your friend. It's no different then the Lena Dunham BS from a while back. When it personally touches them, their stance changes. She's a hypocrite, demonstrating classic privileged behavior.

I also think it is important to point out that Allen has multiple accusers. She is saying every single one of them are liars.

Yeah she tackles this incredible stupid, people make it look like she killed someone with how they act...thats not the case...but she handles this very stupid and wants both things.
Defending her friend but also wanting to support the women who accuse her friend...which simply doesnt work in any kind of way.
You can not defend the guy and pretty much go "those women lie" while also go "but you should totally believe women who come forward"

I get that its a tough subject but jesus christ, she has no perspective on this and fumbles like a fish.

I also think it is important to point out that Allen has multiple accusers.
Just to clarify. These multiple accusers pertain to a single incident, yes? I’m not aware that there are any other incidents.

I get that it's a tough subject but jesus christ, she has no perspective on this and fumbles like a fish.

There are two competing perspectives. One says we should believe accusations by women unconditionally. The other takes a more prudent tack and says we should treat all accusations seriously - but that, ultimately, fair due process must be the guiding principle. It seems Johansson is in the latter camp. And by her reckoning, due process has exonerated Allen. It’s a fine line to navigate; but not an obvious contradiction.

I mean once you're accused, even if you're innocent you're tainted in the eyes of some.

Just to clarify. These multiple accusers pertain to a single incident, yes? I’m not aware that there are any other incidents.

The child molestation is the biggie. But he also started grooming his girlfriend's daughter and future wife while she was in high school and tried to get Mariel Hemingway into bed when she was a teenager. The Woodman also embarked on a long term sexual relationship with Christina Englehardt when she was 16, which was under the age of consent in NYC.

There are two competing perspectives. One says we should believe accusations by women unconditionally. The other takes a more prudent tack and says we should treat all accusations seriously - but that, ultimately, fair due process must be the guiding principle. It seems Johansson is in the latter camp. And by her reckoning, due process has exonerated Allen. It’s a fine line to navigate; but not an obvious contradiction.

The contradiction comes in Ms. Johansson's outspoken advocacy for women's causes, including taking the frikkin' microphone at a Times Up rally. It's hard to take Scarlett seriously as someone who stands up for women when she - like Lena Dunham, Pauley Perrette, Sasha Alexander and Penelope Cruz - don't believe the filthy, lying tramps who have the nerve to come after THEIR guys.

In the case of Woody Allen, treating all accusations seriously means, at the very least, not calling Dylan Farrow a liar. Say "It's a horrible family situation upon which I would prefer not to comment." or "I have developed a wonderful working relationship with Woody and would work with him again. And I understand and empathize with people who disagree with my decision."

But I put more of the blame on the folks that keep giving Scarlett the microphone at Women's Marches and the Democratic National Convention than I do on this vapid, egocentric hypocrite.

Woody Allen's Alleged Former Teen Girlfriend Speaks Out

She only applies this to her people though. That is the issue. Would she feel about Allen the way she does if she wasn't close to him? Spacey and Weinstein have not been convicted of anything. Do you think she applies this logic to them? It is the same with Dunham when her buddy was accused. They turn into white suburban Republican mothers worried about all these "'false accusations" their ****ty sons are going to get accused of because they suddenly know the person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"