The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

It's Richard Gere. Probably everything. That said, he's a man. Different experience.

Not sexually, but Weinstein was known to be a bully to men as well. Many male directors complained about being disrespected by him. I don't think anyone ever thought he was "kindly".

Not sexually, but Weinstein was known to be a bully to men as well. Many male directors complained about being disrespected by him. I don't think anyone ever thought he was "kindly".
Then he was simply stroking his ego.

Weinstein was partly responsible for Judi Dench movie career taking off after decades of primarily being a stage actress and she was probably not casting couched by Weinstein.

Grammy winning singer Duffy's hit song Mercy was on the radio the other day and got me wondering what happened to her since she completely vanished.

Turns out she got kidnapped, drugged and raped. She has spent the last few years trying to recover from the trauma and only just started talking about it on social media.

Grammy winning singer Duffy's hit song Mercy was on the radio the other day and got me wondering what happened to her since she completely vanished.

Turns out she got kidnapped, drugged and raped. She has spent the last few years trying to recover from the trauma and only just started talking about it on social media.
Damn I saw saw that headline: "What happened to Duffy" yesterday and I just kept scrolling. Didn't know that's what happened.
That's terrible

Those people praising Weinstein probably did so to save their careers. Hollywood was and still is a difficult place to work if you piss off the wrong person. And someone with his influence feeling snubbed would probably get you blacklisted.

Though maybe that will change eventually. It has slightly shifted but it has hardly become a safer work environment. There are a dozen names at least of high level Hollywood elite who have been accused of all kinds of nasty stuff who still have not been held accountable.

And as we mentioned, people who he respected, like Meryl Streep or Judi Dench, probably didn’t know anything about his behaviour because he knew how to put an “act” when he was in front of them.

Certain journalists would say how “charming” he would be to them when he wanted something or something nice printed about him.

Jesus. That's horrific. Glad she survived and is recovering. And I hope she is able to get back into the music business successfully.

I guess. Which is why Meryl Streep called him "god". He put on a "nice" face to those he was trying to impress. See also Judi Dench.

Yeah, its why i dont get people jumping at peoples throats who had a "good" working relationship with him.
He is your typical businessman who puts on a nice face to the big shots and bullies etc the small fishes.

Trump is one example of such a guy too...just look at how often he praised someone to the heavens before going "i didnt knew the loser" and so on.

Weinstein didnt go around tell everybody what kind of awful human he is, he played the nice guy to the right people and hid who he is deep down.
Do people think rapists etc walk around with signs and so that say "im a rapist"?

In order to make things political, people are willing to stop using their brains.
This whole "democrats love Weinstein" is one example.
Its a awful thing of many to use this weinstein thing to political dirt throwing.

This is a topic that needs to stand for something else and not republicans vs democrats.

Thats really messed up, damn i hope she recovers and can live a life that makes up for those dark years she had.

What it boils down to is people don't really get bothered by this stuff no matter how much they claim.

France is a little different in they are more sexually liberal and indifferent to sex crimes as compared to the U.S. and even a big chunk of Europe apparently. They were also trying to do that seperate the art from the artist thing when they defended Polanski.

And even then, there seems to be a growing difference in the public over accepting him and his crimes. I saw a video, quite a few women walked out. And there was a decent protest outside.

Johnston filed a criminal complaint with the Vancouver police in late 2019 about the alleged incident. She said she initially told the men she was 17 years old, then later admitted she was 14 years old. The age of consent in Canada is 16 years old now, but was 14 years old in 1983. There is no statute of limitations for sexual assault, misconduct or battery claims in Canada.
Age of consent was 14 in Canada in 1983?? I had no idea.

I feel like when some dudes were talking about moving to Canada this may have been one of the creepier motivations.

Good for the people who walked out. Hachette was completely tone deaf after already publishing Farrow’s book that they didn’t see that this was going to become a problem?

Ronan Farrow was pissed after he found out Hachette was going to publish Woody Allen's (his estranged father's) memoirs after publishing his own Catch & Kill book. He told them he could no longer in good conscience give them his business.

She's not a dude. At least a dude with clout anyway.

I mean, if she got cleared of any wrong doing why shouldn't she get another chance? David O. Russell is an awful person, but that bastah just got funding to make a flick with Bale, Margot and MBJ.

If she were a guy that pre-Me-Too then it would not even be an issue. Post Me-Too if she were a guy it might matter. Either way being a woman and given a second chance is pretty rare in Hollywood, whether or not she was actually guilty of anything.

That said I am still surprised they gave her a second chance. Whatever their investigation found must have been convincing enough to let her get a second shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"