The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

I honestly never thought this was going to happen. We'll see what happens, but considering the Scientology connection, this feels like a pretty big breakthrough even at this point.
Does Scientology even have a big pull anymore?

Looks like Ansel Elgort is in serious trouble.

If true, then that’s disappointing. I really liked him in Baby Driver. Baby Driver was already hard enough to re-watch already after the Spacey allegations, and now it may become even harder to do a rewatch after this fiasco.

Last edited:
If a girl is sobbing in pain and your first instinct isn't to stop, something is seriously, seriously wrong with you.

Spielberg is in a pickle now.

How old was Elgort in 2014?

I really wish Joe Rogan would just get cancelled already.

Cancelling Joe Rogan or someone you don’t agree with just gives them more power. They’ll have an even bigger voice. Unless it’s something illegal or something deplorable, just don’t give their opinions attention is the real power.

Cancelling Joe Rogan or someone you don’t agree with just gives them more power. They’ll have an even bigger voice. Unless it’s something illegal or something deplorable, just don’t give their opinions attention is the real power.

A $100 million Spotify deal is giving his opinion attention.

His views are dangerous and he's friends with ****ing rapists. The guy is a sociopath.

What I miss?

Joe step into something?

My POV is Joe is an example of how easy people can convince themselves that they have better critical thinking skills than they actually have or have put in work to develop. The narrative in their mind is shaped by the pop culture and for decades pop culture's messagge has been "Experts/smart people have their heads up their asses and can't see the truth."

And his "questioning" isn't having some mind open to new ideas. It's sloppy thinking divorced from real analysis and history.

I don't want him cancelled or taken off the air, but I won't ever shut up about how fools like him poisoned public political discourse with the dumbest analysis and most sophomoric and surface orientated point of view he and too many of his guests spout.

He's no where near as smart, clever or FUNNY as he or his fans think. Being dismissive of dumb****ery isn't elitist Joe... It's having a grasp of actual history and facts and applying some goddamned common sense.

If someone is a fan or takes him seriously... Yeah they go down a few notches in my estimation of them andcI don't think it's unfair.

If we had been more dismissive of some people's opinions, maybe we wouldn't be where we are right now.

He's just trending on Twitter because he's had people on his show in the past who joked about sexually assaulting female comics to give them stage time.

Also for making fun of people who wear masks. Like a real man!

This is just a he said/she said with no evidence one way or another except that both sides acknowledge they had a brief relationship.

In case anyone was interested, there have been filings in the Vic Mignogna defamation case appeal. From the lawyer who gave the world ""Vic is a piece of ****" is defamatory, because Vic is not feces".

I recommend sticking to the third filing, as that is less about issues with the law, or law filing, and simply an issue of high school master of Word.

JRE podcast is actually pretty good when he has interesting guest on. Last weeks episode with Bill Burr was great. I mainly just like when he goes on about pot and aliens. His other views on stuff are pretty meh, but I only tune in depending on the guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"