The Dark Knight Rises Deleted / Alternative Scenes cut from the movie

I don't think we seen any scenes that was filmed at the Farmiloe building:

Plus, the scene where Gordon and Tate being led away by mercenaries was also cut:

So what the heck happened to Alfred's dialogue at the beginning of Trailer 2? Totally chopped out of the movie? :(

Thank goodness the "I never wanted you to come back to Gotham" bit made it into the movie.

Wasn't there allegedly a scene taking place in a church?

Wasn't there allegedly a scene taking place in a church?

Yes I thought i remembered this too. In fact someone even provided a call sheet for it. I believe it was supposed to be between Gordon and Bane and was described as "extremely sinister."

pdc_tdkrelijah.jpg

Elijah Burke aka the Pope from Impact Wrestling was said to have a scene during the Prison break, but apparently it was cut or reduced to "blink and you'll miss it!"

Given all the stuff that got cut, thank goodness Hat Guy made it into the final cut. :p

Given all the stuff that got cut, thank goodness Hat Guy made it into the final cut. :p

Hat Guy was the only reason I saw the film. As soon as his appearance ended I left the theater. I had seen all I wanted to see. And let me tell you...it was so worth it.

Hat Guy Forever :hrt:

Hat Guy was the only reason I saw the film. As soon as his appearance ended I left the theater. I had seen all I wanted to see. And let me tell you...it was so worth it.

Hat Guy Forever :hrt:

You missed out, though! He.. RETURNS LATER ON to get his hat back. :oldrazz:

Unlike the other two films, with this one they said the script was really long. Wouldnt be surprised if they had to cut some scenes for imax purposes.

I'm surprised WB didn't decide to spilt the movie into 2 films since that seems to be the trend now.

Might as well add this here:
Trivia!

Thomas Lennon (comedian, played the doctor from The Dark Knight Rises) just revealed a line which was cut on Doug Benson's podcast, Doug Loves Movies.

Doctor: Honestly, the only part of your body that looks okay is your liver, so if you're looking for a hobby, I recommend you take up drinking.

So not terribly exciting, but interesting to see where the scene ended on the page.

Listen. As I stated in another thread, I know there is more footage that we didn't get to see and probably never will. Unfortunatly we have to move on. Maybe its just our inner fanboy selves that just find it hard that there is no more. No more Nolan and Bale. It sucks. So talk about footage we do have. It is a masterpiece. I'm going to my 5th showing tomorrow. It gets better and better everytime.

All these scenes being cut is so depressing because most of them are REALLY good. :(

The shorter version was in the trailer. That longer version was from the clips released for the Chrysler tv spot contest.

Every variation of Bane's voice, they need a feature on that.

More Cops Vs Criminals?

More Gotham Citizens reactions to the Martial law and Batman coming back?

i'm sure there was plenty of footage cut from the film due to time issues. i don't think WB would have wanted to release a film over 3 hours. damn shame too. just looking back on all of Nolan's film, it's highly unlikely that we'll get an extended cut or deleted scenes. but who knows? seeing as how this was Nolan's last Batman film, we may just hopefully get a longer cut.
I hope that now Nolan is finished with the trilogy, they will release a trilogy set with all the movies and the extra features, plus a bonus disc with deleted scenes from all the movies. He doesn't need those scenes anymore, so hopefully he will release them (although knowing with Nolan's other releases, it looks like never gives out the cut footage).

Where's this from?

A TV spot?

Thanks!
It's from the Chrysler spot contest. People could make their own TDKR/Chrysler spot and could download a s.h.i.tload of clips from the site. This is one of them looking at the logo in the center.
http://www.importedfromgothamcity.com/

Even though I absolutely love the movie as it is (never been one to judge something too much by what isn't there) it still saddens me that so much great stuff seemingly was cut. And there is some weird cuts and transitions in this movie I'll admit that, all the amazing emotions trumps those flaws though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"