Democratic Primary 2020

And being lorded over by the scum of the earth while his gullible crowds bray adulation and the evangelicals grovel and mewl and simper to their golden calf in exchange for their thirty pieces of silver.

Craven jackals salivating for scraps from the throne of their misshapen Orange god.

Last edited:
AOC continues to impress me and if she continues to be smart, I can see her being a big player eventually. She knows that for her legislations to actually come into fruition, she needs to be flexible and learn to play the game. She can't just go all scorched earth on everyone that does not agree with her.

THIS SHOULD NOT BE NEWS.

AOC is under no obligation to work in lockstep with Sanders. He is not some god of Progressivism. This sort of nonsense is EXACTLY what has happened with the Right and Trump. :wall:
This is and I hate saying this the equivalent of Matt Gaetz voting in favor of limiting the executive branch when Trump authorized the assassination of Solemnali. Which means yes it is unfortunately news because like the Trump apologists in the GOP. There are people who think AOC, Bernie, Warren, and the Squad are of just one hive mind.

At this point nobody is really caring about the election except the ones who have a more vested interest due to this virus issue. And I'm sure Trump is banking on that.

At this point nobody is really caring about the election except the ones who have a more vested interest due to this virus issue. And I'm sure Trump is banking on that.

Yeah I am finding it hard to give a single **** about the Dem primaries. Ill vote in the general election if I'm alive and unhospitalized, but beyond that I just dont care at this point. The Dem Party can indulge Bernie or shut the primaries down. Makes no difference to me.

Just heard that the DNC is postponing its presidential convention until August. (New York Times)

It's a smart move, but it also probably means Bernie will continue to prolong this primary all summer.

You get him, Whoopi!

My wife showed me this yesterday and I couldn’t stop laughing at Bernie’s justification. Assessing your campaign at this point means just picking a date and time to end it. And now that the DNC has pushed the conference to August, and more states have pushed their primaries, he definitely needs to dropout so the party can be unified as much as possible by November. Then again, who am I kidding, Bernie will be at this until August because he thinks votes for him in the remaining primaries are going to get people excited for M4A.

How can they scrub down voting booths when those infected from the other primaries weren't given barely any supplies to protect them or the voters from the virus.

Maybe because that's how stuff gets done, Trumper Cenk.

These people need to take Poli Sci 101 and learn the following basic truths:
"Politics is the art of the possible."
"Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good."
"Revolution invites counter-revolution." (See the French Revolution where 25 years of revolution, coutner-revolution, war, etc. just resulted in the restoration of an absolutist Bourbon monarchy.)

I am very sympathetic to the aims of American progressives. Your country is three to four generations behind the curve when it comes to a lot of basic social programs and rights. There are a lot of good arguments against the Pre-Trump status quo and that the broken nature of American politics is what allowed him to happen. However, it is not all or nothing. Progressives are unfortunately a minority in the country and, if anything, the current Dem primary results are showing that that the silent majority does want a return to stability and the status quo (despite its serious flaws). Progressives are not going to get he majority's support with "burn it down" rhetoric. If the Dems get control of the presidency and both houses, then re-evaluate....

Americans have romanticized the concept of "revolution" because ours are one of the few that actually succeeded. Nevermind that it was headed by a group of some of the smartest, politically savy people who've ever lived and others are lead by hotheads who usually end up worse than what came before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"