Denzel wants to be a superhero

jsaallstars7.jpg

I wish I could do manips, I would do one of him as Mr.Terrific

i think green lantern is perfect for him.

but i'm all for denzel being a super hero. i hope we get to see him soon. he was awesome in american gangster.

I could see Denzel as Spawn, if they were to make a proper adaptation of spawn that would do the character justice.

2 words,

JEFFERSON PIERCE
200px-Black_lightning_JLA.jpg

A gold medal-winning Olympic decathlete, Jefferson Pierce returned to his old neighborhood (the notorious Suicide Slum in the proud city of Metropolis) to become a high school teacher. Appalled by the violence he saw, Pierce tried to intervene on behalf of his students, but quickly learned that the 100, the local criminal organization, objected violently to interference. Peter Gambi, a family friend and tailor, designed the costume and electronic power belt of Black Lightning. Pierce donned a mask, an Afro wig, a hip way of talking, and Gambi's outfit to become Black Lightning, defender of the poor and underprivileged. Later, Black Lightning's belt was destroyed while he was impisoned by his enemies. He discovers he had internalized the electrical power and no longer needed the belt.

Agreed, that's about the only superhero role I'd like to see Denzel Washington come near. It's right up his alley. And only if it was an uber-serious portrayal.

the more i think about it, the more i see how Denzel is the perfect match to play Mr Terrific.

Yeah, that's a hard one to argue with.

The more I think about it, the more I think they should just make a Mr. Terrific movie... and worry about the JSA later...

Strange thought, a completely unlikely series of events, but what if they secured top talent for solo movies for Mr. Terrific (say, Denzel), Wildcat (say, Gerard Butler) and Powergirl (say... Keira Knightley with huge implants), and then played on the JSA theme of mentorship by casting young up and comers like, say Shia Lebouf and similar to play the youngsters of the JSA...

Just a thought.

No to Keira Knightly, just have Scarlett Johansen play PowerGirl

I would cast him as Black Panther's father, T'Chaka, the Black Panther before T'Challa.

He's getting kind of old and he's starting to show his age. He can't play a character like Black Panther into his 60's.

Yeah that is the role i suggested for him some time ago. I think DW is a fine actor, but the man is in his 50's, and unless it's a one shot, i wouldn't get behind casting him in a role that would more then lilky spin off franchises. Also DW has a busy career which makes him harder for sequels. At anyrate there are a few characters i would cat him as and his age wouldn't be an issue.

John Stewart
Tchaka
Martian Manhunter: in human form
Metron from New Gods:yeah I know he appears white
Jackson King/Weatherman from Stormwatch
Henry Bendix/Weatherman from Stormwatch and i know he's white
Phantom Stranger: I know he's white to
Ultimate nick Firy: I know he modled after SJ
Thanos
Kang the conqueror

I used to think he would be interesting as Doctor Manhattan, but now I don't think it would work without him being a Polish watchmaker's son.

I would cast him as Black Panther's father, T'Chaka, the Black Panther before T'Challa.

He's getting kind of old and he's starting to show his age. He can't play a character like Black Panther into his 60's.

I agree 100%

and as for people saying he could be Superman and Batman??? I'm not racist...but the dude isn't white...lol

--dk7

Yeah that is the role i suggested for him some time ago. I think DW is a fine actor, but the man is in his 50's, and unless it's a one shot, i wouldn't get behind casting him in a role that would more then lilky spin off franchises. Also DW has a busy career which makes him harder for sequels. At anyrate there are a few characters i would cat him as and his age wouldn't be an issue.

John Stewart
Tchaka
Martian Manhunter: in human form
Metron from New Gods:yeah I know he appears white
Jackson King/Weatherman from Stormwatch
Henry Bendix/Weatherman from Stormwatch and i know he's white
Phantom Stranger: I know he's white to
Ultimate nick Firy: I know he modled after SJ
Thanos
Kang the conqueror

I'd add Mister Terriffic to that list, and I can't see Thanos. Great picks.

As for his age, he's starting to show his forties, yeah, but I don't see how that prevents him from being in a franchise... it sure as heck hasn't prevented Stalone or Willis. His schedule is another deal, but I also don't see how that would prevent him from doing movies he wants to do.

Winner.

Any contest that picks T'Chaka over Mister Terrific is rigged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"