The Mental Health and Wellness Thread

on the subject of therapy, another option to consider is hypnosis - either through a hypnotherapist or self hypnosis.

It doesn't work for everyone, but it's something to consider trying if nothing else seems to be working. Your mind has to be open to the suggestions and you have to want to make the change, though.

If you want to go the self hypnosis route, this lady offers a wide variety of programs that you can get on mp3 or cd.

Self Hypnosis | Download Hypnosis Videos & MP3 Audio

It could help and may be worth giving it a shot.

Though my depression has gotten better through therapy, I have to admit I've been having a rougher few weeks than I'd like. My energy level has been extremely low. Barely enough to walk upstairs to make a meal, and I've become really out of shape from being on dialysis for almost 3 years, which is like the problem feeding itself. Sometimes feels like I'm letting a good chunk of life slip away from me.

Though my depression has gotten better through therapy, I have to admit I've been having a rougher few weeks than I'd like. My energy level has been extremely low. Barely enough to walk upstairs to make a meal, and I've become really out of shape from being on dialysis for almost 3 years, which is like the problem feeding itself. Sometimes feels like I'm letting a good chunk of life slip away from me.

I know it sounds hollow but... One foot in front of the other. People tend to underestimate how physical issues can weigh us down mentally and emotionally. Health issues aren't just about how things affect our physical well being on a daily basis but our "soul". Each day is it's own battle and that's not quite reassuring but it's the truth. Don't throw in the towel until fate itself decides. Until then... Keep punching.

RTFlqkI.png

Home

https://twitter.com/800273TALK?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

So i know the year is young and its a new decade but just got another rejection job email. Wouldnt be such a issue if it wasnt for the fact that over the last like 7.5 years of busting my ass of i am still stuck at my job that makes me wish i was died and that i have gotten like 100000000000000000000 rejection emails and no success. Man i wish i would just not wake up. Ever day of my life for the last like 8 years i have just considered a waste of time is this going to ever end? Can some one just please give me a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@spiderman2 , what is your skill set, what qualifications do you have, what job roles are you applying for, and where are you currently working, if anywhere?; or more specifically, what are you currently doing?

@spiderman2 , what is your skill set, what qualifications do you have, what job roles are you applying for, and where are you currently working, if anywhere?; or more specifically, what are you currently doing?

From frustration i am starting to look at Jobs in Utah has who knows maybe i will have a better luck out side of CA. I have applied like ever were that is also part of the frustration I don't even really known were to apply at any more. Been apply to a lot of places on indeed for years now. Just set up a linkedin profile had never heard of it un till a few months ago and its just another way to try to find jobs that a lot of people seem to use. I have only had 1 job and its the job i am still at. I hate the whole at least you have a job thing. So you are telling me that having a job that makes me fell suicidal on a day basically makes me lucky? A job that i hate so much that i just want to cry at work all day? A job i hate so much that i don't even enjoy my days off because all i can think about is trying to find another job, and how it seems like a pointless thing to even try to get out, and like i have no hope to get out. So yeah i am not lucky to have a job that is killing both my physical and mental healthy and that is making me not get sleep because i just cant relax thinking about how i have to go back there the next day.

Right now i am working in a grocery store that has gone to hell. I am not sure what i want to do i just want the hell out of there, and hoping i can get a monday-friday office job at some point in time. I hate having to work weekends and having to be on my feet 8 hours a day. There are like a million things i hate about the place out side of that though. When it comes to qualifications/skills i just finished getting my AA in mass communications. Only went to school in the first place because with busting my ass off and not finding a new job i felt like i had no choice but to get a degree to try to stand out more, and yes i known like a AA degree is not what it used to be but still. I really think i could handle a simple office job like a doctors office scheduling appointments and such.

I remember now from your previous posts, though respectfully, I don't think moving away is necessarily the right way to make the change you desire. I'm not convinced you hate your life because of your job, but rather, you hate your life because of your life.

Feel free to correct me there, but what do you do when you're not working? How do you fill your time? You're keen to move away, which implies you don't have many, if any family in the area, and I presume you have a small social network - if any at all?

Jobs are a means to an end, they allow us to live, that's all they're for. I don't like my job all too much, but I stick at it because it pays and allows me to do things that, if I didn't have a job, I'd not be able to do.

If your free time and/or social life is lacking, that's probably contributing to your problem - you're not fulfilled. If you had stuff going on in life, then work, as distasteful as it may be, wouldn't be so much of a chore.

You're not necessarily lucky for having a job, but ask yourself, would you rather work where you are and have a roof over your head, clean water to bathe, and a mouth that's fed, or would you rather be living on the streets in the cold, hungry, and smelling like garbage? As much as you may dislike your job, you should at least be thankful that you're in a position where you're not on the streets.

I remember now from your previous posts, though respectfully, I don't think moving away is necessarily the right way to make the change you desire. I'm not convinced you hate your life because of your job, but rather, you hate your life because of your life.

Feel free to correct me there, but what do you do when you're not working? How do you fill your time? You're keen to move away, which implies you don't have many, if any family in the area, and I presume you have a small social network - if any at all?

Jobs are a means to an end, they allow us to live, that's all they're for. I don't like my job all too much, but I stick at it because it pays and allows me to do things that, if I didn't have a job, I'd not be able to do.

If your free time and/or social life is lacking, that's probably contributing to your problem - you're not fulfilled. If you had stuff going on in life, then work, as distasteful as it may be, wouldn't be so much of a chore.

You're not necessarily lucky for having a job, but ask yourself, would you rather work where you are and have a roof over your head, clean water to bathe, and a mouth that's fed, or would you rather be living on the streets in the cold, hungry, and smelling like garbage? As much as you may dislike your job, you should at least be thankful that you're in a position where you're not on the streets.

Hu no its work nothing but work not sure why you would say you are not convinced its work that makes me hate my life and don't see how saying that makes things better its the work. I am not saying getting a new job would make life perfect because life is never perfect but work is like the only thing that makes me fell hopeless and depressed. Yes there are some other things that annoy me but its work that piss me off about a million times a day nothing else. Yes there are things that make me fell sad but again not like work and the furstation from work is snow balling into other things to because its just making me fell bitter, and i get annoyed at things i wouldn't get annoyed at has result because i just don't have any patchents left any more.

Yes jobs are mean to a end has you say but there is a big difference between having a job that you hate to the point were all you can think about is how much you cant stand the place and how much the thought of having to go back the next day you just dread compared to a dream job/ a job you would like and just like a normal job were you dont like it but you dont completly hate it either. I would just love to have the boring job that you dont hate would be a big upgrade.

Being at a place you cant stand for like 8 hours a day day after day and week after week just drains you. If you have not had a job like that then you have not truely had a job you hate and just don't understad it. All my family is in the area i live in and i don't have a lot of friends but i never have but i do enjoy the friends i have. That is not the issue not sure why you are trying to make that the issue. In free time i love to watch sports and play video games. My issue is that i am being forced to be at a place i dread because i cant find anything else and you got to have money and has a result all i can think about is am i ever going to get out of there and how can i get out of there. I don',t even really enjoy my free time any more because that is all i can think about and even when i have free time i fell like i should just be job screaching and has a result i also fell like i don't have free time because so much of the time i am not at work or sleeping is spent looking at jobs when i want to be doing something i enjoy. I fell like i don't have a life or free time.

I am 30 and have been felling stuck sense like 22 and no sings of any thing chaining. The idea that i could be stuck for like another 30+ years with this scares the crap out of me. You known if i had like just gotten a job in the last year or so and was close to being able to retire it would be like yeah it sucks but you can just tuff it out for another few years and then you will be done with it. But the fact i could be having to do this for like another 30+ years if nothing chances has i have a long time left before i could even think about retiring scares me. I fell like the only escape from this will either be death or when i can retire but the idea that i could be like 70 and then get to retire and fell like i have basically wasted and hated 50 years of life like is that really what i have to look foward to. I just don't want to live if things are not going to chance death would just be so much better.

Yes you could be out of the street but no matter how bad some one has something you could always find some one else that is worse off dosn't really chance that suffering is still suffering has 1 thing that might bother someone might not be a issue for someone else. Not only do i have like another 30+ years of this crap if things don't change but i will likely not even make it that long if things don't chance has all these nights of like no sleep and day after day of stress that could not be higher i think i am likely going to just have a big heart attack at a young age and die because i really dont known how long a body can deal with high anxienty and extreame depression and heart burn day after day after day.

Hu no its work nothing but work not sure why you would say you are not convinced its work that makes me hate my life and don't see how saying that makes things better its the work.
Its quite simple really. Some people will blame one aspect of their life for the reason that they’re dissatisfied with other aspects of their life.

I thought (apparently incorrectly) that you were blaming work because you didn’t have a life and so blaming work was your mental escape, and that if you could escape work your life would improve.

You say you’re looking to move state and try to get a job elsewhere. What roles are you intending to apply for elsewhere that you haven’t tried locally, and what makes you think you’ll be any more successful there, than where you’re currently at?

In free time i love to watch sports and play video games.
Respectfully, that doesn’t sound very fulfilling.

What is it about your job that you hate so much? Be specific, bulletpoint if needs be. Don’t ramble or complain. Details please.

Its quite simple really. Some people will blame one aspect of their life for the reason that they’re dissatisfied with other aspects of their life.

I thought (apparently incorrectly) that you were blaming work because you didn’t have a life and so blaming work was your mental escape, and that if you could escape work your life would improve.

You say you’re looking to move state and try to get a job elsewhere. What roles are you intending to apply for elsewhere that you haven’t tried locally, and what makes you think you’ll be any more successful there, than where you’re currently at?

Respectfully, that doesn’t sound very fulfilling.

What is it about your job that you hate so much? Be specific, bulletpoint if needs be. Don’t ramble or complain. Details please.

I hate ever thing about my job could go on for says dont fell like it though. Not sure just the job market has been a joke sense like 2007 and might be easier to find a job out side of CA and there are a few other reasons i want out of CA besides just my job but the job is the big one. But the thing is if you are more willing to movie it just gives you more options has you are playing the numbers game. No work is the only issue i have that bothers me big time. I still don't really fully understand that. If there are like 3-4 things in your life that you hate i can see how that might like add up and make it harder to deal with then if its just one thing. But i don't really see how one thing is going to make you not like something else in your life. Like if i am single and i dont like that but i have a job i love i dont see how hating being single is going to all of a sudden make it so i hate work that dont make sense.

Hu no its work nothing but work not sure why you would say you are not convinced its work that makes me hate my life and don't see how saying that makes things better its the work. I am not saying getting a new job would make life perfect because life is never perfect but work is like the only thing that makes me fell hopeless and depressed. Yes there are some other things that annoy me but its work that piss me off about a million times a day nothing else. Yes there are things that make me fell sad but again not like work and the furstation from work is snow balling into other things to because its just making me fell bitter, and i get annoyed at things i wouldn't get annoyed at has result because i just don't have any patchents left any more.

questions about your job

1) what do you do at the grocery store?
2) do you have a set schedule?
3) how long have you been there?
4) do you have issues with any co-workers or management?
4b) can you hang out with your coworkers? would you consider them friends?
5) you are full time correct?

@spiderman2 , short of wishful thinking, what makes you think you'll have it any easier outside of CA compared to how you have it now though? What are the other reasons you want to move away, and what's presently stopping you from doing so?

You'd also be surprised how a single element of ones life can have consequences that span out and effect other areas of a persons life. I'm not saying that's always the case, far from it in fact, but some people get to a bad place because one thing after another keeps going wrong and eventually reality just comes crashing down. With other people, it can be a single thing that just eats away at them on a daily basis before one day, they snap.

You mention you've friends and family; how close to them are you? How often do you see or speak to them? Short of Football and Games, what else do you do to fulfil yourself?

So i know the year is young and its a new decade but just got another rejection job email. Wouldnt be such a issue if it wasnt for the fact that over the last like 7.5 years of busting my ass of i am still stuck at my job that makes me wish i was died and that i have gotten like 100000000000000000000 rejection emails and no success. Man i wish i would just not wake up. Ever day of my life for the last like 8 years i have just considered a waste of time is this going to ever end? Can some one just please give me a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What city are you in?

In this trying time of self-isolation, it is good to keep our fellow man or woman in good health both mentally and physically. We are all in this together and here to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"