Depression and Suicide

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Hotwire, Jun 9, 2018.

1. CJ

CJ 11.08.2019

I came across this video and found it to be very inspiring. The speaker, Nick Vujic, talks about bullying and the impact it can have on a person's life. How some people struggle with thoughts of suicide because of it.

If anyone is feeling down, whether it be from bullying, or for any reason, I implore you to watch this video.

Flash525 likes this.
  2. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Very inspiration video, and he's spot on when each of us has a choice; to try or to quit. I know its all relative too, but it truly baffles me sometimes when you see people with so little that can accomplish so much, and then people who have something or are perfectly capable just give up.

This guy is an inspiration, and if he can push on with life and try to make his life better, then there's very little excuse for most other people. He's overcome his obstacles, and if he can do it, anyone should be able too.

CJ likes this.
  3. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight You'll believe a man can fly

Its how many times you get beaten down, time after time and the sheer pain that produces and yet the humanity within us to never give up says I can do this once again. Now, I am questioning that structure currently, frankly, I wonder how many more times in this life of mine, must I have to raise up and defeat an obstacle and I am questioning if I can and is it worth it, can I do this again, currently, I don't know if I can but will see over the next week or so once I've written down my thoughts and we'll see.

4. Flash525

You can do it. :cool:

I know it's kinda' BS with the whole new year resolutions and all that, but there's no better time to sort ones life out than January 1st. Decide what you want out of life, assess the options you have of acquiring those goals, and then put yourself to work. I think far too many people (not specifically you) expect to have the answers to their problems handed to them on a plate if they wait long enough. Very few people in life get this treatment, the majority of us have to muddle through and sort it all out by ourselves.

Let 2019 be your year. Make no excuses, only results.

5. Mandon Knight

Thanks Flash, means a lot bro. *fistbump*

Flash525 likes this.
  6. AResistor

AResistor Well-Known Member

I definitely recommend medical MJ. I was always wary of anti-depressants and prescription medication since I've heard how it can impact writers and others in creative fields; not to mention I’d definitely become hooked on opiates. Started medical MJ recently and this is exactly what I was looking for. I left my psychologist's office freaking depressed as hell (as with after every session), came out, took a couple hits and it's like everything is sunshine and rainbows. I don't know it just - it helps a lot.

Plus, it (Sativa) makes me really energetic with a feeling that I can do anything as well. Like inhaling red bull, if that makes sense?

It’s a relief having this and not alcohol which only makes things worse.

For those on medication, not saying don’t take it or advising that - just for me, this was the magic cure I’ve always wanted.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  7. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

I had to put my dog to sleep tonight. She was my life. She got me through a lot of bad times. I feel like I let her down. That I could have done more.

8. Mandon Knight

I am sure you never let her down once. She knew you loved her. I am also certain, you always did what you could to the maximum of what you could have done.

9. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

My youngest daughter drew this a couple months ago after a year long battle with depression and suicidal ideation. Finally having it inked means the world to me! FB_IMG_1547293177981.jpg

10. Flash525

I can't remember where I read it now, and I'm pretty sure this isn't an exact quote, but I saw something the other day that's quite relative, and it went something like; "depression is an enemy, and you can't die letting your enemies win, so in order to defeat them, you must live on."

11. Mandon Knight

It's like having a permanent cloud over one's head but you can't let it rain on you all the time, medication and constructive thinking, never say die outlook brings about the sun overhead every so often.