Describe your ideal Alien game.

It'd be really scary if the game made it unkillable and it spent most of it's time in the shadows like the original film.
Also, remember: weapons and health would be minimal.
Throw in the fear-inducing tracker-beep going off at random vulnerable moments, and maybe a subplot about an unknown member of your crew being an android working for the company and you got yourself a game I'd love to see. :hehe:

I dunno, that sounds kinda like Slender Man in Space.

Not really. Slender Man has nothing to do with what I just described.
Like I said, if they dressed up the game mechanics of Amnesia or Penumbra in Ridley Scott's Alien movie's clothes, then that would be something truly special.

They've been trying the James Cameron-inspired route for years now, and it's just not working.

I think, anyways...

The Alien shouldn't hide in the shadows anymore. We all know what it is, what it's capable of, the creature itself isn't scary anymore. I'm not saying have it out in the open all the time, but it needs to be uber smart and use the environment against you. It needs to always be on the move, not giving you a chance to get a bead on it. And when it's only a few feet away from you, you basically only have a split-second to react, for example to jump through a door and close it behind you. But you are not safe yet, you have to run before it breaks through.

AvP2 blended action/suspense/horror really well. like i said, id love to see an HD Remake done a la Halo by 343.

I think we all pretty much agree (those that played it anyway) AVP2 was what we were looking for. For those who haven't played it here's a link for the Marine story mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS87rF95u6k

There's the Predator and Alien stories as well in the sidebar. But tell me that isn't what you expected (with better graphics of course) in the new game.

The Alien shouldn't hide in the shadows anymore. We all know what it is, what it's capable of, the creature itself isn't scary anymore. I'm not saying have it out in the open all the time, but it needs to be uber smart and use the environment against you. It needs to always be on the move, not giving you a chance to get a bead on it. And when it's only a few feet away from you, you basically only have a split-second to react, for example to jump through a door and close it behind you. But you are not safe yet, you have to run before it breaks through.

That's what I was imagining with Wesley's description of his ideal Alien game. A game with just one Alien could be incredibly scary if done right.

They've been trying the James Cameron-inspired route for years now, and it's just not working.

I think, anyways...

I think that's a problem with the execution, though, not the route.

But, admittedly, I enjoy Aliens much more than Alien, which is why I'd rather have a game closer to the former than the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"