Designated Survivor

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Kiefer Sutherland Cast as POTUS in New ABC Thriller Designated Survivor

The project, which has received a straight-to-series order, centers on a lower level United States Cabinet member (Sutherland) who is suddenly handed the presidency after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

Well Im sold

I love the sound of this, I dig a political thriller and it'll be good to have Keifer back on a weekly TV show.

I love the sound of this, I dig a political thriller and it'll be good to have Keifer back on a weekly TV show.

I wonder if it might be loosely based on Tom Clancy's Executive Orders (where Jack Ryan reluctantly becomes President)

I hope that the "low level United States cabinet member" is an ex special forces veteran!

ABC's Kiefer Sutherland Thriller Adds Maggie Q, Kal Penn, Italia Ricci

The project, which received a straight-to-series order in December, centers on Sutherland’s Tom Kirkman, a lower-level United States Cabinet member who is suddenly handed the presidency after a catastrophic attack during the State of the Union address kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

Penn (House) will play Kirkland’s speech writer, Ricci (Chasing Life) his chief of staff. Nikita alum Maggie Q has been cast as the lead FBI agent investigating the D.C.-shaking bombing, while McElhone (Californication) plays Tom’s wife.

Penn — who followed up his House rotation by serving as associate director in the White House’s Office of Public Engagement — also has a consultant credit on the series.

This just got even better, Nikita and Jack Bauer in the same show! :pcg:

Glad she's not playing a wife or politico, I was hoping she'd be Keifer's Secret Service Agent assigned to protect him, but FBI Agent investigating the case works just as well.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain made me a fan of Kiefer Sutherland and his voice.

And i'm a fan of all the political drama of House of Cards.

This show sounds right up my alley lol.

‘Designated Survivor’ gets 2016-17 series pickup at ABC

ABC has made its first new series pickup for 2016-17, officially giving the drama “Designated Survivor” a spot on the schedule next season.

The show stars Kiefer Sutherland as a lower-level Cabinet member who is suddenly elevated to the presidency after an attack on Washington. Natascha McElhone (“Californication”) plays his wife; the cast also includes Maggie Q, Kal Penn, Italia Ricci, Adan Canto, LaMonica Garrett and Tanner Buchanan.

“Designated Survivor” had a series commitment from the start, so its official pickup is mostly a formality.

Trailer:

Maybe it's my bias for the cast but I think this might be my most anticipated new show. Looks superb. :up:

Trailer:

Maybe it's my bias for the cast but I think this might be my most anticipated new show. Looks superb. :up:

Same here,I'm a sucker for these political thrillers.

As soon as they introduced his daughter in the beginning I thought ''yup she's getting kidnapped at some point in the future''

Don't forget that the older son will do some dumb stuff and maaaaybe the wife is a traitor. :oldrazz:

The son will fall victim to a honeypot trap,where he would be forced to gather intelligence on his dad :o

This is probably the only new show on ABC that interests me since the others seem ripe with soapy melodrama that I can't stand with their other dramas.

Trailer:

Oh yes!! :jd:Jack and Nikita in the same show! Jokes aside this will be my new show, it looks great.

Premiering Sept 21st

Kiefer Sutherland May Have TV’s Biggest New Show

Sutherland’s new ABC drama “Designated Survivor,” Weatherly’s new CBS series “Bull” and James’ freshman comedy “Kevin Can Wait” (also for the Eye network) are among the shows testing highest among potential audiences, just days before next Monday’s launch of the 2016-2017 TV season.

premiers tonight

I loved it. It was weird seeing Keifer playing a happily married guy. :funny: The cast is really good and I'm liking all of them even the older son who I'm sure will eventually get the annoying kid storyline soon.

Lol I was taken aback at how relaxed he was in the beginning, it felt almost unsettling, anyway I enjoyed the pilot episode

Great stuff, Keifer is brilliant, just no traces of Bauer at all, even his movements are different, totally conveying the overwhelmed every man that is Tom Kirkman as opposed to the superman that is Jack Bauer.

Like you Kvz I liked all of the cast. especially Natascha McElhone, and it's great to see Maggie Q back on my screen, I wonder how long before Hannah is in Tom's inner circle.

Really strong start. :up:

Very good, competently composed show. I wouldn't exactly call it a game changer, and I feel it was well written in spots but clichéd in others, but I almost didn't notice the latter because the cast, starting with Keifer but including pretty much everyone else, really pulled it together. It's like the best elements of 24 and The West Wing combined into one show.

Agreed with you guys. Kiefer is really doing some great work. It's so hard to shed that Jack Bauer tough guy image and he managed to do that. I totally buy him as this happy, mellow, and somewhat meek guy who was thrust into this very powerful role. I'm very pleased with this cast in general. I'm loving all 3 of the ladies too. I hope they all remain consistently good. I'm curious if Maggie will have some interaction with Kiefer this season?

On a side note, does Natasha even age? I swear she looks exactly like how she was in this movie I watched that was released 10+ years ago. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"