Devin faraci accused of sexual assult

Ok, she accused you in public of what? I'm just a little unclear from your story what exactly happened.

She confronted me in a public place demanding to know what I had done when she was drunk because she knew I had taken her home but she recalled a motel being mentioned and feared I had taken her to one and taken advantage of her state before the dropping off at home. I explained but she did not believe me until the girlfriend of my angry friend confirmed what I said.

She confronted me in a public place demanding to know what I had done when she was drunk because she knew I had taken her home but she recalled a motel being mentioned and feared I had taken her to one and taken advantage of her state before the dropping off at home. I explained but she did not believe me until the girlfriend of my angry friend confirmed what I said.

Ok. I understand now.

Scott Derrickson posted this. Harry is acting like his sister...

DKsU2aUUEAAYysW.jpg

To be fair, it is possible that she's just using his administrator account to post. Though Drew McWeeney doesn't believe Harry has left at all. It's certainly something a garbage person like him would do.

A conscious person can do something about it, correct? Like defend his or herself by slapping/hitting the offender, calling for help or throwing a drink in the offenders face etc, etc....And you can't get pregnant or a sexual disease by being groped can you? No, the issue is much more nuanced then you're making it. There are degrees to this.

Do you do any of those things when a woman grabs or gropes you? Is she attractive? Is she a 400lb monster? Are those the "degrees" you are referring to? Stop trying to defend the actions of a groper, sexual assault is grabbing the person in a sexual manner. You can end up on a sex offender registry in either circumstance.

DeadPresident said:
That's a ****ing myopic and unintelligent analogy.

A few people in this thread, ostensibly in the pursuit of virtue signaling, seem to be trying to equate any sexual harassment or sexual assault to rape. Not only is that logically stupid, it's also deceitful, and I'm struggling to understand what can be gained except some sense of moral superiority by doing it. Groping someone, while morally repulsive and unacceptable in the extreme, is not the equivalent of rape, and never will be.

Your analogy is the equivalent of saying beating someone to death and punching them are basically the same thing because both require physical contact.

Holy ****, I'm sorry! You told me! Think that analogy of yours will hold up in court? "Um, he just grabbed her boobs, ass, vagina and sent her unwarranted sexual advances on social media. It isn't the same as rape. The defense rests your honor."

The irony here is that both of you tried to basically call me stupid because I'm saying that you need consent to grope or sleep with someone. Or are you the same person? Your usernames have the same initials.

Last edited:
That Hollywood Reporter article was disgusting. League needs to step down as AD's CEO immediately.

Tim League looks incredibly sleazy in this photo, and the symbol for the Alamo looks like a phallic figure:

ETA: A middle finger?

tim_league.jpg

Some of those commenters on Indiewire need to be punched in the dick with brass knuckles. To say that groping someone against their will isnt a form of sexual assault is asinine. If you grope someone's genitals or ass or **** youre doing it for sexual reasons and if its against the other person's will it is assault. That is sexual assault. How do people not understand that simple logic. George Carlin was right when he said, "Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that."

I guess the one tiny positive thing I could say about all this is the film community is reacting to this a lot better than the gaming community during Gamergate. At the very least, they're trying to address and deal with their inherent misogyny.

Tim League should resign.

Some of those commenters on Indiewire need to be punched in the dick with brass knuckles. To say that groping someone against their will isnt a form of sexual assault is asinine. If you grope someone's genitals or ass or **** youre doing it for sexual reasons and if its against the other person's will it is assault. That is sexual assault. How do people not understand that simple logic. George Carlin was right when he said, "Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that."
And this is exactly why the common sense idea doesn't work. Look at these "human beings".

There is no doubt about this. But he is clearly trying to save himself, to an embarrassing manner. To read what happened at Fantastic Fest, he put this Bell in charge. And they are still trying to avoid it.

He's still the owner of the company. So he either reaps the increased profits of a new manager, or he makes money from selling the company. There's no obvious way for him to fall on his sword here.

Honestly, that shows you how prevalent the mindset is. As dudes a lot of us genuinely don't think a lot of stuff we do is wrong.

Honestly, that shows you how prevalent the mindset is. As dudes a lot of us genuinely don't think a lot of stuff we do is wrong.

I'm a dude and I've been groped by women against my will. It was annoying in the moment but I didn't lose sleep over it. I can understand why a lot of people make a distinction.

I'm a dude and I've been groped by women against my will. It was annoying in the moment but I didn't lose sleep over it. I can understand why a lot of people make a distinction.
It is wrong both ways. But it must be pointed out that in the vast majority of situations, women are at a physical disadvantage. The dynamic of not being able to walk away, being trapped, adds to the trauma. Especially as even when done in front of other males, it can be easily dismissed as no big deal.

I've seen several male sexual abuse survivors say when they told men about what happened to them, they were told to keep it quiet or out right not believed. It was only when they talked to women they received empathy.

lol, she does have a point. Now if someone who is a massive player in the industry got accused it'd get swept under the rug like a mother****er.

There have been plenty of instances of that already. Brett Ratner is the first name to sping to mind. Although he's considered a hack so it wasn't swept too far under the rug. And Bryan Singer has been accused of molestation and rape too although again, swept mostly under the rug and ignored.

She unfortunately gets too much flack. There are too many dudes who are more brazenly abrasive than she is and the only one of them who's been fully written off is Troy Duffy.

Do you do any of those things when a woman grabs or gropes you? Is she attractive? Is she a 400lb monster? Are those the "degrees" you are referring to? Stop trying to defend the actions of a groper, sexual assault is grabbing the person in a sexual manner. You can end up on a sex offender registry in either circumstance.

Pointing out the difference is "defending" to you...?

I...

One of the problems is people aren't willing to react or recognize these issues until after the abuse occurs. But, there is often language which should be a red flag to anyone paying attention. With Knowles, his reviews often demeaned and objectified women on more than enough occasions as to warrant social reprimand and backlash. With other people, the mentality is often displayed as insensitive jokes. Yet, often when these things are pointed out by someone, that person is accused of being overly-sensitive, or easily offended, or they just need to get over it, or it's "just a movie review" or "it's just a joke" (or whatever the mode of language is). Language is often justified because "boys will be boys", "they're just young and dumb", "they didn't mean anything by it", or "its not hurting anybody". When in fact, these things are the foundation for abusive behavior. And when society deems it permissible, then it becomes a slippery slope towards being permissive of worse behavior, or the perpetrator feeling confident further behavior will be tolerated. People need to better recognize the power of their language and be held responsible for the things they say and the behavior it leads to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"