The Dark Knight Rises Dew gotham city badges

MarkTDKfan

Civilian
Reaction score
So I felt there was a need to start a thread after receiving several PM asking how to earn the badges at www.dewgothamcity.com the mountain dew TDKR promotion. I myself am confused like several others on how or how too earn some of them. I am starting to think the whole program is just buggy. So don't get pissed at me get pissed at DEW. I have tried to call the promotions phone number 1-800-870-0697 and everyone I spoke to seemed more clueless than me. Good luck and please share if you think you have an idea on how it was done. RISE in 4 days. 7.20.12

Lets get started, and like I said some of them I am not sure on..

Welcome To Gotham City - hint: Set foot on the Streets for the very first time. ; Earned, everyone should have gotten this right away.

Doin' Time - hint: You're in Gotham City..How long can you survive? ; Earned, I believe it is going into GCPD and using the create a mugshot which is kind of cool.

Rise Up - hint: When a whisper becomes a roar... ; Earned, I am almost certain on this one that you just click either FB, twitter or email button on the bottom right corner of the site where it says SHARE WITH FRIENDS.

Gothamite - hint: Do you have what it takes to explore the dark city? Earned, This one I believe you either explore all the segments on the map - GCPD, Applied Sciences, GC Convenience, Gear, and the Batcave. Or you have to click every little thing inside these segments as well.

Dark Secrets - hint: Unlock the Secrets of TDKR , Earned, I am pretty sure you just watch the video in the Batcave. If not try and explore everything inside of it.

Heads or Tails - hint: Its time to flip the coin... how do you like your odds? Earned, This one I am not too sure, but I think I earned it viewing the newspaper inside the GC Convenience. Make sure you view all 3 pages, and on the third page click the Rykin Data image which directs you towards rykindata.com If that doesn't work I am clueless... The hint "how do you like your odds?" makes you wonder tho....

Bat Swarm - hint: Five Million heads are better than one. Earned, No clue what so ever on this one. Maybe redeem a code, or a liking FB page or something...

The Pongr Activities

These were a real ***** for me. :BA but, they come with 5 pts each

Bane Badge - hint: At times we all wear masks, Earned, You have to take a picture of yourself with a dew and wearing a villain mask such as Bane or Catwoman. I used this

http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkknightrises/ar/us/

and emailed [email protected] , BUT found out from the officials rules when you put the subject make sure you use #DEWvillian. hence villain spelled wrong purposely. Make sure your picture is clear, , and no smaller than 400 X 400 or something. They will reply back with the resolution size if it is to small. They kept telling me it wasn't clear several times which is why it took me like a week to get it .

GC Convenience
- hint: Find a piece of Mtn Dew point of sale for this badge. Earned, Much easier then the other, just take a picture of any Mtn Dew product display in your store, I even heard of some taking a picture of just a can, and emailed [email protected] #DEWstop and it works.

Now for the last 3 I still need.

Dark Rising - hint: Make yourself known among Gotham City Society. Not Earned, I've read twice that you need to obtained 50 pts. Which I thought made sense from the hint. I surprisingly got to 50 with the help of my fat friends. Still no luck, so then I looked at the leaderboards and realized they count what you have redeemed as well. So I thought maybe that's it! Hit 51 redeemed and still no luck!! This one is just pissing me off.

I have yet to see anyone on the leaderboards with these two below. So maybe there is more stuff to be added to explore in the coming weeks.

DewMaster - hint: Welcome to The Gotham City Elite. Not Earned, Rumor from one person was that you need to earn 1000 points :cmad:. Which I highly highly doubt because I can't see Dew expecting a ton of people to dew that... It's insane and they would lose thousands of customers to diabetes in 3 months. What is the Gotham City Elite tho??? I really thought I had gotten this one when I bought the Bane Poster from gear because I remember reading Welcome To Gotham City Elite, but I was drunk so I could've been wrong.

Rule The Streets - hint: To the Victors Go The Spoils. Not Earned, Really thought you just had to create a Tumbler since it shows one in the mini pic. Love the hint to by the way Camelot quote. Anyway maybe you have to win a sweepstakes? If so, we will see because me and several others won advanced screening tickets! I still haven't received anything after redeeming through the email, but I called the promo number I listed above, and they said by Tuesday or Wednesday I would received another email with the details .

- I just noticed today that when inside the GC Convenience if you click the cord on the open sign a tumbler drives by and sits there. Any ideas on that? Found it interesting..

So I have given you my thoughts on this. Lets all be the world's greatest detectives and figure this out.. Anyone think we get something for collecting ALL the badges?

So I felt there was a need to start a thread after receiving several PM asking how to earn the badges at www.dewgothamcity.com the mountain dew TDKR promotion. I myself am confused like several others on how or how too earn some of them. I am starting to think the whole program is just buggy. So don't get pissed at me get pissed at DEW. I have tried to call the promotions phone number 1-800-870-0697 and everyone I spoke to seemed more clueless than me. Good luck and please share if you think you have an idea on how it was done. RISE in 4 days. 7.20.12

Lets get started, and like I said some of them I am not sure on..

Welcome To Gotham City - hint: Set foot on the Streets for the very first time. ; Earned, everyone should have gotten this right away.

Doin' Time - hint: You're in Gotham City..How long can you survive? ; Earned, I believe it is going into GCPD and using the create a mugshot which is kind of cool.

Rise Up - hint: When a whisper becomes a roar... ; Earned, I am almost certain on this one that you just click either FB, twitter or email button on the bottom right corner of the site where it says SHARE WITH FRIENDS.

Gothamite - hint: Do you have what it takes to explore the dark city? Earned, This one I believe you either explore all the segments on the map - GCPD, Applied Sciences, GC Convenience, Gear, and the Batcave. Or you have to click every little thing inside these segments as well.

Dark Secrets - hint: Unlock the Secrets of TDKR , Earned, I am pretty sure you just watch the video in the Batcave. If not try and explore everything inside of it.

Heads or Tails - hint: Its time to flip the coin... how do you like your odds? Earned, This one I am not too sure, but I think I earned it viewing the newspaper inside the GC Convenience. Make sure you view all 3 pages, and on the third page click the Rykin Data image which directs you towards rykindata.com If that doesn't work I am clueless... The hint "how do you like your odds?" makes you wonder tho....

Bat Swarm - hint: Five Million heads are better than one. Earned, No clue what so ever on this one. Maybe redeem a code, or a liking FB page or something...

The Pongr Activities

These were a real ***** for me. :BA but, they come with 5 pts each

Bane Badge - hint: At times we all wear masks, Earned, You have to take a picture of yourself with a dew and wearing a villain mask such as Bane or Catwoman. I used this

http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkknightrises/ar/us/

and emailed [email protected] , BUT found out from the officials rules when you put the subject make sure you use #DEWvillian. hence villain spelled wrong purposely. Make sure your picture is clear, , and no smaller than 400 X 400 or something. They will reply back with the resolution size if it is to small. They kept telling me it wasn't clear several times which is why it took me like a week to get it .

GC Convenience
- hint: Find a piece of Mtn Dew point of sale for this badge. Earned, Much easier then the other, just take a picture of any Mtn Dew product display in your store, I even heard of some taking a picture of just a can, and emailed [email protected] #DEWstop and it works.

Now for the last 3 I still need.

Dark Rising - hint: Make yourself known among Gotham City Society. Not Earned, I've read twice that you need to obtained 50 pts. Which I thought made sense from the hint. I surprisingly got to 50 with the help of my fat friends. Still no luck, so then I looked at the leaderboards and realized they count what you have redeemed as well. So I thought maybe that's it! Hit 51 redeemed and still no luck!! This one is just pissing me off.

I have yet to see anyone on the leaderboards with these two below. So maybe there is more stuff to be added to explore in the coming weeks.

DewMaster - hint: Welcome to The Gotham City Elite. Not Earned, Rumor from one person was that you need to earn 1000 points :cmad:. Which I highly highly doubt because I can't see Dew expecting a ton of people to dew that... It's insane and they would lose thousands of customers to diabetes in 3 months. What is the Gotham City Elite tho??? I really thought I had gotten this one when I bought the Bane Poster from gear because I remember reading Welcome To Gotham City Elite, but I was drunk so I could've been wrong.

Rule The Streets - hint: To the Victors Go The Spoils. Not Earned, Really thought you just had to create a Tumbler since it shows one in the mini pic. Love the hint to by the way Camelot quote. Anyway maybe you have to win a sweepstakes? If so, we will see because me and several others won advanced screening tickets! I still haven't received anything after redeeming through the email, but I called the promo number I listed above, and they said by Tuesday or Wednesday I would received another email with the details .

- I just noticed today that when inside the GC Convenience if you click the cord on the open sign a tumbler drives by and sits there. Any ideas on that? Found it interesting..

So I have given you my thoughts on this. Lets all be the world's greatest detectives and figure this out.. Anyone think we get something for collecting ALL the badges?

i got heads or tails by entering a sweeps contest.

still havent gotten the bane mask even tho ive submitted several photos.

i sent you a pm. i did get the 50pt badge. you have to enter 50 points. not redeem 50. once your point counter is at 50, you should get it. i did anyways.

ive been working on a interaction guide for this site. heres what i have so far:

[interactions]
convient store:

open sign plug - turn off then some few moments later a camo tumbler parks outside the window and will sit there until you turn it back on. once the sign is re-lit, the car drives off.

bane also appears on the surveillance camera screen while the car sits there.

dew sign plug - can be turned on or off

gotham observer paper - page "b1" has a dale jr "dew crew" add. you can click on the part that says "click here" to reveal a facebook game/app

page "c10" has an add for "rykin data", which can be clicked on.
doing so opens a new website for gotham city tech. as of now theres
only 1 photo and the rest says under construction.

[gcpd]

desk - bottom left desk drawer will open when clicked on. looks like only mtn dew inside.

mouse - you can put your pointer on the computer mouse. then a batman facebook page will pop up on the pc screen.

[applied science]

lights - there are 6 switches on the blueprint desk. they are little white circles. clicking on them will turn different lights on or off.

What's the difference between entering 50 pts and redeeming 50 pts?

every point redeemed ats to your redemption total. so if you enter 6 sweeps, at 1 pt each. thats 6 total redeemed.

entering, is where you enter your codes, get the points, but dont spend them until you acquire 50 or more.

every point redeemed ats to your redemption total. so if you enter 6 sweeps, at 1 pt each. thats 6 total redeemed.

entering, is where you enter your codes, get the points, but dont spend them until you acquire 50 or more.

Gotcha, thank you for explaining!

So basically I have to spend 50 bucks again and not redeem the codes? **** that lol. I noticed no one on the leaderboards has the bane badge and I do, but everyone has dark rising. Any places to get cheap dew? Like really cheap lol. then possibly I'll try again..

ive gotten almost 100 points in just 2 days time. my local fair is going on and ppl were drinking dew like it was water. i asked almost everyone i saw if i could have their caps and codes. i found some layin on the ground, and in trashcans lol. hey i dont care, its free points.

some have been selling caps and codes on ebay. just search out dark knight dew.

ive also have had friends and family save their codes for me. posted of facebook and twitter asking for codes, and regular message boards i visit. lol.

what ever gets me that watch!!

oh, i emailed them about my bane badge. hope to get something soon. besides that, all i need is dew master and the racing one.

The only badge I need now is Dewmaster. I somehow got Rule the Streets at the same time that I got Dark Rising, but I have no clue how.

Also, I'm pretty sure you get Doin' Time for staying on the website for a certain amount of time. It popped for me when I left it idle in one of the places.

Bat Swarm is earned by visiting the Bat Cave.

Heads or Tails is earned by entering a sweepstake.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the data posted in this thread. I seem to have come to an impass.

Although I've nearly camped out in the Bat Cave over the last few days, I've yet to earn the Bat Swarm Badge. Note: I'm not a facebook member and the description, "Five million heads are better than one" leads me to believe that this may be a requirement (it is to create a Tumbler).

I've pongr'd many pictures to #DEWStop but have not received a code for the 5 points, although I have earned the GC Conveniece Badge.

I did receive a code and got 5 points for the picture I pongr'd to #DEWVillain but have not earned the Bane Badge. The link to create mug shots has been removed (I wonder if this is in response to the tragedy of last Thursday night).

I haven't yet gotten to the 50 point level so I haven't earned the Dark Rising Badge.

The DewMaster and Rule The Streets Badges are still a mystery to me.

Having fun though,
zaner

The description "Five million heads are better than one" refers to the Five Million codes that must be entered before the Bat Cave is accessible (I reread the FAQ.

Now I'm not sure how to earn the Bat Swarm Badge unless I had to register before the Bat Cave was unlocked.

I was thinking we had to click on the bats that fly around every so often, I could be clicking on the wrong bats, but so far no luck. :p I'm OCD about badges so I NEED TO GET THEM. D:

The only badge I need now is Dewmaster. I somehow got Rule the Streets at the same time that I got Dark Rising, but I have no clue how.

Also, I'm pretty sure you get Doin' Time for staying on the website for a certain amount of time. It popped for me when I left it idle in one of the places.

Bat Swarm is earned by visiting the Bat Cave.

Heads or Tails is earned by entering a sweepstake.

wow I hate you...lol so you have no idea on how you got rule the streets then? did u enter and not redeem 50 pts entered for dark rising.

Earned the Dark Rising Badge today by reaching the 50 point level (non-redeemed).

Still have yet to earn the DewMaster, Bat Swarm and Rule The Streets Badges.

Has anyone added friends to their Friend Leaderboard?

Wow, Dew has terrible customer support for this promotion. Read my emails, this was about a duplicate cap I got from some new shaped bottle of code red. When I entered it said invalid, then a day later said it was already entered.. Was weird so I emailed them about....

Me: Well I couldn't have entered it unless it is a duplicate cap. What is the date and time it says I entered it? Also, I almost got all the badges except 3, Dewmaster, Rule The Streets, and Dark Rising and can't figure out how to get them. Do you get anything for collecting them all? The official rules didn't really say much about the badges.Thanks, Mark

To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:10 PM
Subject: #Ticket#18299: Collecting the Badges

Thank you for your inquiry. Our system shows that your email address successfully registered the code XN3SV3N6AN in the promotion. We apologize for any confusion related to the entry of this code or system errors you received. As for badges, unfortunately we are unable to provide additional information on how to obtain the remaining three you have not collected. Thank you again for your participation and we appreciate your feedback regarding the promotion.

Sincerely,
Customer Support

To: Prizelogic Customer Support <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:11 PM
Subject: #Ticket#18299: Collecting the Badges

Me: Feedback?, you didn't really help me at all can you refer me to someone who can? - Mark

They never replied and its Tuesday now.

i agree. its a utter joke. ive been posting on their fb page about it. their prize redemption is all ****ed up. go to redeem the 3 shirt pack, and it said unable to complete your order try again, and then went back to being out of stock. wtf?

called the support line and its all automated, so i called the gothamcity hotline thats on the caps and they said theres nothing they can do to try again when it loads. what a crock of ****.

im done with this promotion. and dew.

shinnox,

Don't give up yet. There are definitely some issues with the site. I've contacted support on a few occassions through the contact us form (without reponse) and the 800 number in the FAQ.

I've reported an issue with the Tumbler Designer module crashing IE as well as asking for information on adding facebook friends to the Friends Leaderboard (which I still haven't been able to do).

I'm not sure what else on the site I have not interacted with that might unlock the DEWMASTER and RULE THE STREETS Badges that no one else seems to know how to unlock. These might just be time/date sensitive and they haven't added the necessary links yet (by plan/design?).

Frustrating for me is, even though I've explored the Bat Cave extensively, I haven't yet unlocked the BAT SWARM Badge. It's possible that one was time/date sensitive too and I just didn't register early enough.

If anyone wants to try to add me to their Friends Leader board, please send me a Private Message.

Rob

I doubt there is anything new to be added to the Hit The Streets. There is only 10 days left to figure this out. Watch us figure it out and we get a free Dew. lol We've given them everything....

I submited this using the Contact Us form today (we'll see if I get a reply)...

>>>>>
BAT SWARM Badge Question

Dear Go Inside Gotham City Support,

I've communicated with many other particpants of the Mountain Dew Go Inside Gotham City Promotion about how they unlocked variuos badges on the site. It seems that unlocking the BAT SWARM Badge should be as easy as exploring the Bat Cave and all it's content. I believe I have done this numerous times but still have yet to unlock this badge.

Also, no one (not even the 51 participants on the Leaderboard) have been able to unlock the DEWMASTER or RULE THE STREETS Badges. Is there something we are all missing or are these badges somehow time/date sensitive?

I, and others, are enjoying this promotion (and have stocked up on Dew in the process) but being unable to unlock these final Badges is frustrating. Please look into this and let me know if there is any issue with the site.

Thank you,
Rob
>>>>>

I called the Dew Gotham City Hot Line (PepsiCo) again today to try to find out more information about the issues we have all been experiencing on the site. The number (800.870.0697) is at the bottom of the FAQ page. I spoke first to Stephanie who knew absolutely nothing about the site. I asked to speak to her manager. Brian came on the line. I discussed each of the issues below and received these responses.

1. I've submitted multiple support issues by completing the form provided through the Contact Us link and have received no response. How can a speak to someone at PrizeLogic ([email protected])? - They didn't even know who PrizeLogic was.

2. I asked about the BAT SWARM, DEWMASTER and RULE THE STREETS badges. - The response was the company line, "We do not disclose how to unlock the badges." Stephanie said they don't even have a list of the badges and how to unlock them. I asked why no one seems to have found a way the unlock the DEWMASTER and RULE THE STREETS badges (even everyone on the Leaderboard) and can you tell me if anyone has ulocked them. - They said they do not have that information.

3. I asked if their was anything wrong with the site. - They said they were not aware of anything wrong with the site and that no one has reported any issues. I asked about the Mug Shot creator disappearing from the GCPD area. - He didn't know why. I asked about the Rykin site's "Under Construction" message and if there was suppose to be any updates to it. - He didn't know. I asked about the Tumbler Designer module crashing IE. - He didn't know.

I asked how to file a formal complaint about the promotion. He said he couldn't provide an address to send a complaint to but would note my complaint and have someone contact me in 7-10 days. I don't expect a response.

Obviously, like the rest of you, I'm fed up with this promotion and their lack of help. I was having fun but now it has left a bad taste in my mouth (and I will continue to taste it until I finish all the 12 packs of Dew I bought in the last month).

Rob

Last edited:
I called the Dew Gotham City Hot Line (PepsiCo) again today to try to find out more information about the issues we have all been experiencing on the site. The number (800.870.0697) is at the bottom of the FAQ page. I spoke first to Stephanie who knew absolutely nothing about the site. I asked to speak to her manager. Brian came on the line. I discussed each of the issues below and received these responses.

1. I've submitted multiple support issues by completing the form provided through the Contact Us link and have received no response. How can a speak to someone at PrizeLogic ([email protected])? - They didn't even know who PrizeLogic was.

2. I asked about the BAT SWARM, DEWMASTER and RULE THE STREETS badges. - The response was the company line, "We do not disclose how to unlock the badges." Stephanie said they don't even have a list of the badges and how to unlock them. I asked why no one seems to have found a way the unlock the DEWMASTER and RULE THE STREETS badges (even everyone on the Leaderboard) and can you tell me if anyone has ulocked them. - They said they do not have that information.

3. I asked if their was anything wrong with the site. - They said they were not aware of anything wrong with the site and that no one has reported any issues. I asked about the Mug Shot creator disappearing from the GCPD area. - He didn't know why. I asked about the Rykin site's "Under Construction" message and if there was suppose to be any updates to it. - He didn't know. I asked about the Tumbler Designer module crashing IE. - He didn't know.

I asked how to file a formal complaint about the promotion. He said he couldn't provide an address to send a complaint to but would note my complaint and have someone contact me in 7-10 days. I don't expect a response.

Obviously, like the rest of you, I'm fed up with this promotion and their lack of help. I was having fun but now it has left a bad taste in my mouth (and I will continue to taste it until I finish all the 12 packs of Dew I bought in the last month).

Rob

this is exactly why i gave up. this promotion is a complete joke.

oh, and the gcpd photo thing was taken down bc of the movie theater shooting that happened.

this was the worst customer support ive ever gotten hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"