[Diablo 3] [Starcraft 2] Thread

NickNitro

Extra Terrestrial
Reaction score
Here are two of my favorite PC games I've ever played.

I want all of the hype/hopes/let downs on these games. What you think, how you feel about some of the stuff Blizzard is doing with the Nex Gen Titles and how now Blizzard will be selling Starcraft as three seperate titles (Terran, Zerg, Protoss).

Let get it on!

I'll probably get Diablo but pass on Starcraft. My interest in RTS games has dwindled astronomically over the years, and I'm not really a fan of how they're releasing it with each campaign as its own full-price game.

Really looking forward to Diablo III. Never was a huge fan of Starcraft, though. And I think it's pretty lame that they're releasing it as three seperate games. Obviously all three factions will be fully playable or there wouldn't be a multiplayer mode. Other than the possibility that Activision is just trying to exploit Starcraft's huge international popularity, I'm not sure why they have to split it up.

Yea, buying both, Blizzard polish there games well, . I don't think they are milking Starcraft by stretching it out for the sake of it, I expect each product to be worth the price of admission.

My interest in RTS games has dwindled astronomically over the years,

Personality I'd like to see RTS/RPG hybrids.
Dawn Of War II's single player game had the right ingredients for it, the missions were repetitive lacking any diversity and you can't play as the other races who actually have more interesting ability in multiplayer.

The less RTS the better for me. I don't even like commanding AI troops in games. I like to worry about my dude and that's it.
Really looking forward to Diablo III. Never was a huge fan of Starcraft, though. And I think it's pretty lame that they're releasing it as three seperate games. Obviously all three factions will be fully playable or there wouldn't be a multiplayer mode. Other than the possibility that Activision is just trying to exploit Starcraft's huge international popularity, I'm not sure why they have to split it up.
Supposedly, each race is supposed to have a full-length SP campaign. Which is nice, I guess, but it still feels like they're asking you to triple-dip for what could've easily just been one long game.

I used to play alot of RTS (Starcraft, Warcraft 2 & 3, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nation, LOTR 2, DOW, C&C Red Alert, etc), but I just have no time right now to really play a RTS because they are time-consuming and hard to get better unless you put tons of time & effort on it. I do wish I can play Diablo 3 though, since I played the other two Diablos (still have my D2 characters on my HD somewhere), and this one looks awesome.

D3 is where I'm headed, I invested a lot of time in wc3, saw some return $$ wise, but not enough. Where as d3, all it takes is a lucky item to drop, and all of a sudden ur makin 400-500$

StarCraft 2. I love the competitive nature of a pure RTS. One game, complete fresh start every time. Not dependent on grind but on quick and creative thinking, to macro and micro management.

Not saying Diablo gameplay stinks, but it feels like a grind for the most part and heavily dependent on lucky drops.

The less RTS the better for me. I don't even like commanding AI troops in games. I like to worry about my dude and that's it.

Supposedly, each race is supposed to have a full-length SP campaign. Which is nice, I guess, but it still feels like they're asking you to triple-dip for what could've easily just been one long game.

Didn't Starcraft 1 have three campaigns?

I think the whole intention of selling the three games is Battle.net 2.0 is coming out, and they are going to need money to get these servers started, as there will be a lot of new functions (it still hasnt been brought up if it will cost monthly however)

I really wonder if there will be an expansion pack for Starcraft II. However I do not need to worry as I won't pick up this game.

Blizzcon will be happening soon, 2 more diablo 3 character classes are going to be announced I can't wait.

Eh, I don't care what they need the money for. I don't think Starcraft 2 (or any game, really) would be worth $180. Granted, they'll probably reduce the price of each installment, but anything over $100 for what is effectively one game seems absurd to me.

I think the whole intention of selling the three games is Battle.net 2.0 is coming out, and they are going to need money to get these servers started, as there will be a lot of new functions (it still hasnt been brought up if it will cost monthly however)

I really wonder if there will be an expansion pack for Starcraft II. However I do not need to worry as I won't pick up this game.

Blizzcon will be happening soon, 2 more diablo 3 character classes are going to be announced I can't wait.

Nice! Although regardless of what they announce, I'm pretty certain I'll be playing as the Witch Doctor. :twisted:

The should just have kept it to two games. Have the expansion deal with the Zerg and Protoss campaign. If the latter games is mostly campaigns and adds nothing to the multiplayer component, I will have no incentive to buy anyways.

Nice! Although regardless of what they announce, I'm pretty certain I'll be playing as the Witch Doctor. :twisted:
I'll most likely stick with my reliable old Barbarian. I like to keep things simple: It moves, I bash it. :)

I hope Diablo 3 will have Paladin/Druid alike class, otherwise i'll enjoy the Barbarian atleast. :D But yeah, i love the whole holy crusader alike thing. :)

Well most people are expecting a summoner class next, I hope for a druid like class to that is much better than the one in d2.

So far I'm happy with the direction they've gone with the game, and i hope they show previous classes.

I thought I remember reading each starcraft 2 was gonna be about 30$? as opposed to the 60$.

I loved the Paladin class. I also loved the Sorceress class as well (those radial ice shards in the cow levels where THE SH$%)

I would really like to see a new class maybe along the lines of like a dark assassin with maybe some short term cloaking or quick slash movies like a Deadpool.

But I would also love to see the Paladin back in action. The Druids I didnt really care too much for.

Fourth class is a Monk. Looks pretty cool.

So this game is getting pushed back for Cataclysm I hear?

Lame, especially as I'll be quitting WoW when Cataclysm comes out.

So - Tricia Helfer is going to be taking on the role of Kerrigan.

I really don't know how I feel about the monk, im not dissapointed or excited at this point....hopefully the next class reveal will be good.

Monk can go either way for me as well, not to much has been released....the disappointing factor I think was knowing diablo 3 wasnt going to be hitting shelves in 2010...i might just have to get starcraft to tie myself over. Anyone else follow Blizzcon?

I thought they were going to release the last 2 character classes, but from what I hear the monk only had 8 skills, and was no where near being finished.

I was pretty pumped about the gameplay video of the monk, the combos in his attacks look phenomenal, and being a jackie chan vs demons looks awesome. Its not making me question whether I want to be a Barb or a Monk (the other 2 are lamesauce imo)

As for B.Net 2.0, i'm impressed about what they've done, i'm not impressed about the $$ issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"