Days of Future Past Did anyone else almost cry and the mystique and eric scene?

blackdiamond

Civilian
Reaction score
I was almost in tears when eric told mystique how beautiful she was and accepted her in her blue form. after charles and beast made her feel so unattractive and condemed her natural form it was so sweet to see a man who thought she was beautiful. even the dialogue in that scene and the way it was shot. everything it was absolutely so superb. i loved it! how did everyone else feel about that scene.

I thought it was a good scene. I didn't almost cry at that one though.

The scenes that had me tearing up were Xavier and Erik as Xavier tried to get Erik to move the satellite dish, and in the process, tapping into Erik's memory of his mother. Also, the scene when Erik paralyzes Xavier. I kinda teared up at the Beast and Mystique interaction when he brought her the cure and she rejected it. Mutant and proud.

Upon my 4th viewing today I've suddenly had near tear reactions. Mostly at the moments Nell just mentioned.

Last edited:
Beautiful Memories, Manly Tears.
The Story of Charles and Erik.

Manly manly tears. :')

There's a hilarious peice of fan art that goes along with that. As I am on my phone, I am unable to post it.

I was almost in tears when eric told mystique how beautiful she was and accepted her in her blue form. after charles and beast made her feel so unattractive and condemed her natural form it was so sweet to see a man who thought she was beautiful. even the dialogue in that scene and the way it was shot. everything it was absolutely so superb. i loved it! how did everyone else feel about that scene.

The irony of that scene, is that Erik accepted Raven for what she was, a blue creepy looking mutant, and that what she is shouldn't matter.

However in X3, when Mystique becomes a normal human being, Erik rejects her for what she is and ditches her.

First Class really shows that Erik is ONE BIG HYPOCRITE.

tumblr_lm8p0aw8KW1qeqx7ko1_500.png

Someone on tumblr.

I didn't come close to crying, but hey, we're all moved by different things. Speaking of movements, I have to poo. Later!

A little too much information there, Ponyboy...

I've seen the film three times and I have to say that I did feel the emotion most on the third viewing, especially when Xavier reaches into Magneto's mind for that memory. I hid it of course, and pretended to scratch an itch near my eye, but I found it very moving...

I'm hoping for a fourth viewing sometime this week.

The irony of that scene, is that Erik accepted Raven for what she was, a blue creepy looking mutant, and that what she is shouldn't matter.

However in X3, when Mystique becomes a normal human being, Erik rejects her for what she is and ditches her.

First Class really shows that Erik is ONE BIG HYPOCRITE.

Did he really reject her in X3? She is clearly still working for him when she pretends to give away his camp location to the Army - when it is really a distraction with Multiple Man - so Magneto can make his way to Alcatraz.

Did he really reject her in X3? She is clearly still working for him when she pretends to give away his camp location to the Army - when it is really a distraction with Multiple Man - so Magneto can make his way to Alcatraz.

I think he did reject her, and she gave him up out of spite at the end. There is nothing to support that she was still working for him when she became human.

X-3 is not in continuity anymore, isn't it? :o

Ummmmm..... :dry:

You know... it tied in with what I said earlier... "Certain things move certain people" ... bowel movements... get it?

I picture you saying "no, no, we got it" :cwink:

I think he did reject her, and she gave him up out of spite at the end. There is nothing to support that she was still working for him when she became human.

Well, she "gives him up" to the Army when it is clearly a ploy to distract them with Multiple Man pretending to be an army of mutants while Magneto is really hundreds of miles away with his real army of mutants, so it sounds like she was being helpful to Magneto to me. Ad to that the version of the chess scene that was scripted [and I believe shot] that had her playing chess with Magneto and I think there is no doubt about it...

Well, she "gives him up" to the Army when it is clearly a ploy to distract them with Multiple Man pretending to be an army of mutants while Magneto is really hundreds of miles away with his real army of mutants, so it sounds like she was being helpful to Magneto to me. Ad to that the version of the chess scene that was scripted [and I believe shot] that had her playing chess with Magneto and I think there is no doubt about it...

That sounds like a convoluted almost Joker-like plan.

X-3 is not in continuity anymore, isn't it? :o

I hope it isn't, but it depends on whether any First Class sequels go even further in making changes in events/characters already established, e.g Moira and Emma existing in the 60's messes up X3 and Wolverine, Charles already in the wheelchair, etc.

I was almost in tears when eric told mystique how beautiful she was and accepted her in her blue form. after charles and beast made her feel so unattractive and condemed her natural form
Charles never "condemned" her natural form, Hank did. As you must certainly remember, there was an early scene with Raven in her blue form, brushing her teeth while talking to Charles and then lying next to him.

The "cosmetic problem" line bothered me a bit, because it seemed so out of character for Charles. He had accepted Raven for what she was since they were kids, but maybe worried too much about her real appearence in public. I can't say he was wrong; he just thought it was possible for her to live a "normal" life among humans. But he was somehow wrong when it came to her own desires and expectations. It's much more complex than Xavier simply "not accepting" her.

So no, that scene with Erik didn't make me tear up at all. Now the final Charles/Erik moments...powerful stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"