World Did anyone else say Spiderman - The New Animated Series?

Johnny-Oh

"You got heart, kid"
Reaction score
That was an MTV Spider-Man show which was sort of a sequel to Raimi's first Spider-Man movie. It was pretty great, I like it as much as Spectacular Spiderman series. The problem is that the it only had 1 season of 13 episodes and then it was cancelled :(

Here is the trailer:

[YT]KOB7ZNIzDzA[/YT]

I definitely recommend it :D

Last edited:
I hated that show, to me Spectacular Spider-Man remains the greatest Spider-man carton yet.

It was kinda hard to watch. It combined the worst elements of teen dramas and childish cartoons (this coming from a huge fan of cartoons).

I did like Peter in the show. And if I'm not mistaken the Lizard was really cool too.

I just didn't like the story, the animation, character designs, or the fact it kind of tied into the movie universe.

2 things I did like though, was the look of Electro, and the way the Lizard moved, very fast and creepy.

I think it's on Netflix or LoveFilm?

What I didn't like was the original voice acting, I saw it in spanish as a kid and the dubbing was great I also didn't like some of the animation but I liked everything else a lot. Its easily the boldest of the Spiderman series which is why I understand why some don't like it.

And Yeah its on Netflix

I enjoyed it, short lived but still cool. It was a good expansion to the Raimiverse.

I had the complete series on DVD, watched it through once then never again. I was not a fan of the animation but the villains were quite cool if I recall correctly.

Haha, same here pretty much. Saw a few episodes when it aired, then watched the whole series on DVD several years back. I haven't watched it since but it's still a neat item to have. It had a unique style but I'm sure it looks worse than I remember.

So underrated it hurts.

Neil Patrick Harris is my favourite Spidey voice.

After the greatness of S:TAS, this series felt basic and uninspired at times. However, I really liked how Electro was presented in this.

I don't see how Spider-Man being hunted by the cops make this a sequel for the Raimi film.
He was revered as a hero in the film, only one cop tried to arrest him, just once.

This show was just ok. NPH as Spidey was the highlight of course and a few of the other voices were pretty good, Ian Ziering as Harry, Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, and Rob Zombie as Dr Connors/Lizard was an interesting choice and it worked imo. Lisa Loeb as MJ was annoying. I really didn't care for the computer driven animation. Even at the time it came out it looked dated. The action was pretty cool though and the villains were fun. I own the series on dvd and will watch it occasionally.

Drake is my least favourite but I don't hate him. Just not as good as the others. Harris is good, but not as good as Barnes and Keaton.

I really hate Drake Bell as Spider-Man. His voice is irritating.

I like Josh Keaton and Chris Barnes more.

My top Spidey voice actors are:

1. Keaton
2. Barnes
3. Romano
4. NPH

I really hate Drake Bell as Spider-Man. His voice is irritating.

I really wonder if this has something to do with the direction. Because when you listen to Drake in some of his other voiced roles, he doesn't really sound bad at all. But for some reason in the USM cartoon he has this high-pitched, whiny tone. Though there are some moments when his voice returns to a normal range and he sounds fine.

I really can't make an opinion on the original voice actors since I've seen every Spidey show dubbed in spanish :D The cool thing is that the voice actors who dubbed Peter, MJ, Harry and Jonah in the Raimi trilogy also dubbed the characters in this show which was pretty cool and Peter in Spectacular Spider-Man was dubbed by the same guy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"