Comics Did you buy it? Or no?

You mean you didn't like Art Wars or Spider-Hulk? For shame

I always liked Web of Spider-Man..sure the later issues weren't as good as the earlier ones....but they were kinda light and fun. At one point, Web WAS my favorite title...earlier on.

Is there a map that goes with that?:huh:

Went over your head, eh?

I kinda hate to break this to you, but these stories aren't real, if I think a story sucks Guess what?!!! I just pretend it didn't happen, it's that easy!!!

If it's just a story then why did you get childly defensive for a second?

However, on the subject, if they're such bad stories that you have to pretend things didn't happen, why read them? Fact is, right now you're reading about a hero who would sacrifice one persons life for another by making a deal with the devil whether you want to think that happened or not. Which in this case it's impossible to think it didn't happen since the very event is what got us to this point.

So my question still is, "Do you enjoy reading about a Spider-man(SMinaco) who would make deals with the devil?"

I just find it so odd when I read posts from all these long time fans who just posted NUMEROUS reasons why they themselves think Spidey stories have been sub-par to downright terrible in the lat 20 YEARS, yet still buy the books always looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

You guys sound like drug addicts. :o

Marvel won't change anything unless the decision makes them start to lose money. The clone mess was cleaned up because people stopped buying Spider-man. I'm dropping all of Marvel except the Ultimate line and Spider-girl, since Spider-girl has the real Peter Parker, a hero I can respect. A wife, son and daughter, doesn't make deals with the devil to destroy all that.

Don't worry. I bought it with Schrute Bucks! :cwink:

I'll look through it tomorrow, but not rewarding a stupid move with money. Thats would be rewarding bad behavior. :yay:

Exactly. Comic companies are like pets. If they do things well, you give them treats. If they do bad things, you say, "Bad Marvel! Bad! No money for you!"

Exactly. Comic companies are like pets. If they do things well, you give them treats. If they do bad things, you say, "Bad Marvel! Bad! No money for you!"

Yeah, I just wish that I could smack the genius that came up with this idea over the head with a rolled up newspaper. :woot:

"Bad Joe! BAD!"

I just find it so odd when I read posts from all these long time fans who just posted NUMEROUS reasons why they themselves think Spidey stories have been sub-par to downright terrible in the lat 20 YEARS, yet still buy the books always looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

You guys sound like drug addicts. :o
Totally.

I bought the issue but then my wife and I magically separated and now I don't remember what happened. :huh:

By the way, I did not. Thumbbed through it in the store. Not for me. I felt nauseous watching Pete with anyone other than MJ.

But he's not with MJ anymore. He doesn't remember being married to her. And if you would have thumbed through the book more you would have seen that it was a fantastic story.

You really missed out. Too bad, huh?

But he's not with MJ anymore. He doesn't remember being married to her. And if you would have thumbed through the book more you would have seen that it was a fantastic story.

You really missed out. Too bad, huh?

I don't think I'm missing out on anything really. That's my choice to make. The art may be good, it may even be well written, but they've sacrificed too much. They've wiped over too many stories and too many years of continuity. If I read the books, no matter how well written they are, it simply wouldn't sit right with me that Peter isn't married to MJ - has never been married to MJ as far as he is concerned. Harry's alive. Everyone forgets the identity.

Their new "status quo" seems like an obvious attempt to get rid of older fans in favour of bringing in newer fans. I can't give my money to people that would reward my loyalty with such disrespect.

Hell f'n yeah I bought it. You're not a "REAL" Spider-Man fan if you didn't buy it! PFT!! :whatever: :oldrazz:

But seriously. I did buy it. And it was freakin' awesome. Why? Because it was everything I expected and more from Dan F'n Slott. Dan Slott is the reason I bought the book. He and Steve McNiven. I'm glad I did because it was probably the best Spider-Man book I've read since the Book of Ezekiel.

Not that EVERY Spider-Man issue sucked since Sins Past but the book was always just missing that special something. Even though JMS did understand the character and despite his misses, Sins Past and The Other, he did a great job.

But Dan Slott hit a freakin' home run with the first part of Brand New Day. He took a really bad situation, One More Day, and definitely turned it into something of a positive.

However, I still wish they would get a little more clear on the continuity issues. They touched on some things here and there but not fully. I guess we'll have to keep reading to get a better read on it all.

But I had a blast with the first issue of Brand New Day. It had intrigue. It had Peter Parker doing the things that have been lost in the books for YEARS UPON YEARS! Did we really need a horrible retcon to do this? No. Did they have to end the marriage the way they did to get to this? No. But they did. It's done and it's over with.

Of course we're going to have our usually handfuls of posters here damning the book and damning anyone who enjoys what they can't. I truly feel sorry for these people. Not because they are missing great Dan Slott storytelling but because they are going to continue being angry, bitter people. For the past three to four years many posters on this board have done nothing but complain, rant, and just plain hate on anything Spider-Man, Joe Quesada, or JMS. It's really been a pitiful sight and with One More Day, and the now Brand New Day...it's gone past pitiful and into a new realm of low. It's quite entertaining watching grown men practically cry over a ficitional character. Yeah, we all have an emotional investment in the character but the fact of the matter is that if storylines in a book are making you THAT ANGRY than I think it's time to move on, don't you think? It's just some sound advice. If not you all can continue to come to these boards and hate, hate, hate until the day you die. Because the fact of the matter is that you all will never like the stories in Spider-Man. You'll never have that feeling you had when you were a kid or when you first discovered the character. You're all just going to ***** and moan yourselves into hating a wonderful medium like comics because you can't take the hint that it's probably time to move on to something else.

It was a run of the mill Spidey story. It might've seemed fantastic in comparison to the years of crap we've been given, but on its own it was nothing to write home about. And certainly not enough to get me to buy it.

I don't think I'm missing out on anything really. That's my choice to make. The art may be good, it may even be well written, but they've sacrificed too much. They've wiped over too many stories and too many years of continuity. If I read the books, no matter how well written they are, it simply wouldn't sit right with me that Peter isn't married to MJ - has never been married to MJ as far as he is concerned. Harry's alive. Everyone forgets the identity.

Their new "status quo" seems like an obvious attempt to get rid of older fans in favour of bringing in newer fans. I can't give my money to people that would reward my loyalty with such disrespect.

Of course it's your choice to make. I'm not here to tell you what to do. I'm allowed to express my opinion too and say that people are missing out. And Harry may be back. But where else have they wiped out stories? If you would have read the book maybe you'd have a better understanding of what exactly happened.

And it's unfortunate that you are looking at it that way. That Marvel wants to get rid of "older" fans for "newer" fans. That's absolutely ridiculous and asinine to even think. That's just an excuse. Why would Marvel, a business, want to purposely push fans away? Do you realize how ******ed that is?

Maybe instead of thinking that Joe Quesada and the "evil" Marvel are pissing in your cornflakes maybe you could think, "Hmm, maybe they are trying to clean up some things and give us the Spider-Man that we've all been asking for for the past four to five years...hmmm".

But, no...of course not. Joe Quesada is raping "your" character, right? He's raping "your" childhood. Is that what he's doing to you? Because I read Brand New Day and it was really good. It had old school Spidey mixed with something new. Yes, it felt weird. Any kind of drastic change like retconning the marriage is going to give you an odd feeling reading the book.

The fact of the matter is that if all people are going to do is cry like little babies over their poor ol' Spider-Man than they can do it. It's your opinion, right? To be grown men crying over a fictional character? You're allowed to do that. Because you've invested years and years of emotions into this character. And you feel that spending all that money and putting all that time into the character makes you have some kind of "ownership" over it, right? That you kind of get to have a say in where the character goes, right? It's sort of like buying stock and you get to go to the meetings and give advice where the product is going to go. Well, it's not like that. As I said in another thread...if Joe Quesada really gave a damn what you or anybody else thought...he wouldn't have done One More Day. In fact, he wouldn't have made half the decisions he made over the past four years if he gave a damn about any of you.

So, here's a clue....get over it. Go read something else and maybe if you all would stop complaining about it so much, maybe something would get done. Because this board has been NOTHING but complaint after complaint. The same boring arguements over and over again. Wah, this isn't MY Spider-Man. Wah, Spider-Man would never do that! Wah, Wah, Wah. And now it's going to get even worse. Wah, they ended the marriage. Wah, it's an alternate reality Spider-Man. Wah, Wah. Boo hoo, poor me. I'm an adult and the only thing in my life I have to complain about is the ficitonal character of Spider-Man. There are people homeless on the streets. There are people who won't eat today. There are children being used as slaves. Yet Spider-Man's marriage has more concern to some of you than real life. It's pitiful. It's sad. And it's really going to be humorous if it continues. I'm sorry...WHEN it continues....

Very glad that you like it so strongly Siat. To each their own.

I can see however, why people would be insulted by it.

It would have been a no-brainer to have UNITED the fan base with good changes, bringing Slott in, etc....without having to push his agenda in such a silly way that caused major changes and ripples, logically, in the spidey world and marvel universe. I mean, really, Joe coulda made practically EVERYONE happy, without much effort here.

I bought it, too.

I would add another reason that worse like this: Todd McFarlane.

I find it funny that SIAT pities the people who can't get over OMD and move on, then goes on to make a couple of long-winded posts wherein he mocks and insults them with great gusto. Kind of ironic. :)

No matter what Joe Quesada did, said, or tried it would have been hated. I told kainedamo in another thread this and I'll say it again. Maybe instead of getting all huffy and acting like "Oh, he did this out of spite for the older fans and did it just for the newer fans". Maybe Quesada did this for the simple reason that he wanted to give the older fans what they wanted. I know what all you guys have been clamoring for in the Spider-Man books. I've sat on these boards and watched the "opinions".

The first part of Brand New Day gave EVERYONE HERE what they've been asking for out of the Spidey comics. The only thing that it was missing was that Peter Parker and Mary Jane were married. Did Joe Quesada HAVE to do that? That's what you're implying in the original post and what I'm asking now...and I don't know.

I can't answer that question. I wasn't in the Marvel offices and I'm not part of the creative team that sat down and hashed out the idea. Yeah, I'm sure there are a ton of directions that they could have gone in that didn't involve the marriage to end. But the fact of the matter is that they did it this way. It's done. It's over with and it's going to continue on whether you like it or not.

So, do you get over it and try out this new era of Spider-Man? Or do you just get angrier and more "opinionated" and go on about how horrible Joe Quesada is? In my "opinion" I think it's useless to sit on an Internet message board complaining about a guy who doesn't give a CRAP about you. Complaining about a character that, obviously, doesn't care about you.

Everyone has been talking about their "childhood hero" and that it's not "their Spider-Man". And you know what? In a way you are right. It's not the same Spider-Man. It's not "your" Spider-Man. Maybe, just maybe, it's time to give it up. Because truth be told that it's time for it to be "someone elses Spider-Man".

Joe Quesada gave me what I wanted. I wanted to see the marriage end. The story sucked, but I got the marriage over with. And I got Dan Slott writing the Amazing Spider-Man. He's given me what I wanted. I'm happy. I loved Brand New Day and, if it's written the way it's being written, I'm going to continue loving it.

So good luck with getting things to change because they aren't.

I find it funny that SIAT pities the people who can't get over OMD and move on, then goes on to make a couple of long-winded posts wherein he mocks and insults them with great gusto. Kind of ironic. :)

I do pity most of these posters. And it's ironic because I'm lighting a fire underneath some asses. Maybe some of these "intelligent posters" will get off their asses and do something with their lives other than complaining about a fat guy who tells people what to write in comic books.

I do pity most of these posters. And it's ironic because I'm lighting a fire underneath some asses. Maybe some of these "intelligent posters" will get off their asses and do something with their lives other than complaining about a fat guy who tells people what to write in comic books.
I'm sure most of them do. But a lot of people are incensed about this and, just because you're not, their perspective isn't any less valid than yours. You're just acting high and mighty while lowering yourself to their level. To paraphrase your own argument: Wah wah wah, people are complaining about a fictional character, just like they always have, while people are still homeless on the streets, but I'm going to spend my time complaining about their complaining and decrying them for not bettering the world (which is ridiculous in the first place, since nobody honestly takes this stuff so seriously that it'd prevent them from helping others if they really wanted to).

Fans love the characters in their own ways, and they're going to complain if they find things they don't like about what's happening to them. Don't like it? No one's forcing you to read their posts or argue with them. Just get over it, enjoy your comics, and be happy. What's the big deal?

SIAT: I do pity most of these posters. And it's ironic because I'm lighting a fire underneath some asses. Maybe some of these "intelligent posters" will get off their asses and do something with their lives other than complaining about a fat guy who tells people what to write in comic books.

Wow...SIAT is big brother must be.

He knows what people are/aren't doing with their lives.

Well, just for the record SIAT, I am NOT reading OMD/BND as i also stopped during clone saga..the only times ever...

Despite your feelings, i personally am still going to work everyday as a nurse and saving lives. I hope your spy monitors have picked that up. I am married and have a very busylife, as i am sure others do too. So, again, when you show you get on your highhorse to offend people,...and make outlandish statements that you critisize others for...you ruin your own credibility. Who on earth are YOU trying to motivate here??? Sheesh.

Because I actually enjoy hearing your different views when you leave the insults out. This is a board for people to share their spidey views...and buying spidey doesn't make you a bigger fan nor does not buying it.

But I'm not complaining about their complaining.

Dude, I don't ****ing care if they complain about it. It's not hurting me. The only person they are hurting are themselves. Is it healthy to sit at a computer all day and do nothing but COMPLAIN about comic books? That's not healthy at all. If that's what people want for their lives than so be it.

But I come to this message board to DISCUSS the comics. And I can't discuss comics in the midst of a bunch of people being hateful and angry because they think Joe Quesada pissed in their cornflakes.

So, I think I'm perfectly allowed to state my opinons on some of the posters around here being ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS over a fictional freakin' character. Do you understand so far?

Can I understand a 14 to 17 year old kid acting like a crybaby who just had his lollipop stolen by the big bad wolf? Yes. Because they're kids. They don't have much going on in their lives OTHER THAN Spidey comics. Seeing grown men in their mid 20's and even into their 30's and 40's acting like a bunch of whining babies over this has GOTTEN OLD. For four years it's been the same arguement. And I'm allowed to express myself against it.

So, lets just clarify this so it doesn't happen again. I am NOT complaining about people complaining. They can keep going on and on and on about it. What am I doing? I'm merely expressing my opinion on the matter because it's ruining my enjoyment of the board and ruining my ability to properly discuss these things. So, it's getting out there. And maybe, JUST MAYBE, a couple of these posters will say to themselves, "Damn...I have been wasting my time complaining about a guy who doesn't care about me. I should move on...". That's what I'm hoping for. That maybe someone can come to the realization that...your childhood is over.

Well Siat....i can agree that i am not overly keen of posters who just get on and say FIRE JOE or DEATH TO JOE...or whatever....tho they don't offend me personally either, because it is their right to state their feelings.

I think part of the freedom of speech thing, is to do so responsibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"