Guardians of the Galaxy Did you want Adam Warlock in this film or the sequel?

speno94

Civilian
Reaction score
Just your thoughts on whether you wanted Adam Warlock to be in this film or do you think he is better suited for a sequel?

After all, he is involved with Thanos and The Infinity Gems and I would of liked him to be in this film because it would make GOTG feel more complete, but I guess Marvel don't want to throw too many elements in this film and want to save some characters for future sequels such as Warlock and maybe Iron Man?

Your thoughts?

Nothing has been stated implying that we won't get him in some capacity. Where it does seem doubtful, there is nothing suggesting he won't have an appearance or something.
and to the people who say well, he hasn't been cast or announced...that doesn't mean anything.

I think it would be awesome. It doesn't feel like they would go that route to me which is different, because he has such a huge role with Thanos. You never know though. I'm sure there will be plenty of Easter Eggs in this movie.

Look when it comes to Marvel right now, I just assume everyone will show eventually.

Children, be patient. Not everyone involved with the Thanos mythos has to appear in one flick. Marvel expects their movies to do well and in turn turn it into a franchise. We will get more GotG movies.

Children, be patient. Not everyone involved with the Thanos mythos has to appear in one flick. Marvel expects their movies to do well and in turn turn it into a franchise. We will get more GotG movies.

How dare you! I want X-Men: The Last Stand, but in space ..... lol

very bold statement. I dont think we get another gotg movie before Thanos' story wraps up. No way we get one in phase 3. They aren't just giving sequels to sucessful movies. They have a story to tell. i don't think we get a guardians sequel in phase 3, not a direct one, anyway.

....Well if Mar-Vell isn't used Warlok better be used. :cmad:

jk lol I'm actually hoping that thing in the Collectors chambers at the end of TDW WAS Warloks cocoon

Sure you can, the question is how much friction does Marvel want to cause with Starlin?
Granted he didn't create either Mar-vell or Warlok, but he DID make them popular and connect them to Thanos.

Sure you can, the question is how much friction does Marvel want to cause with Starlin?
Granted he didn't create either Mar-vell or Warlok, but he DID make them popular and connect them to Thanos.

Warlock is synonymous with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. To leave him out would be ten times worst than leaving Pym out of Ultron's creation.

Warlock is definitely teased in the Dark World after-credits. Doubt we'll see a full-fledged actor for the role in GOTG, but a cocooned AW will probably figure heavily in the plot.

Definitely yes after all if the GOTG visit the Collector then given the emphasis about Groot that the resulting fight because the Collector wants to add him to his collection that Warlock is freed?

I could see the Collector really p***ed and even more so if Warlock already has the soul gem in his possession and I can see the Guardians being unaware of that so Nebula and co are hired to go after them but no one realises the true ramification until Thanos or more likely Ronan visits the Collector and interrogates him about the Infinity Stone in his possession...

Now what would happen if the Aether the Asgardians gave him is a fake?

Would make for a great scene wouldn't it?

I read that Marvel came to an accomodation with Mr. Starlin regarding Thanos' appearance in the Avengers movie. He's writing "Thanos: The Infinity Revelation" for the company this year, so my guess is they are on good terms. With the Surfer out of commission, Adam can fill the essential role of "Precious Metal Colored Christ Figure" in the MCU.

Well, I seem to be in the minority, but I want to see a lot of the characters from DnA's run, as even the minor and bit parts were written with charm, as well as being so integral to the stories. Mantis, Phyla, Moondragon, Cosmo, Bug, Major Victory, Jack Flag; this franchise has so much more to offer than the five mainstays.

I suppose that a mini-series would have been the preferred route for me, as it would be much more conducive to the nature of the team and their exploits.

Regardless, I'm glad that a movie is on the horizon anyway, but a part of me fears that it will resemble GotG in name alone; there's just so much important back story(Annihilation & Conquest) getting cast aside(and understandably so, but still) to facilitate the movie's existence.

I really hope that it's good, and despite everything I've said I remain very optimistic, but with reservations. To answer the question though, yes I'd love to see Warlock, and a whole hell of a lot of other stuff as well.

If we get a confirmation that AW made the cut in any relevant way people will then want the High Evolutionary involved... I get the feeling that people are so excited we are getting Marvel Cosmic in the MCU that they want to see it all in the first act!

There is a wealth of awesome to be had and I'd rather a more focused story than an easter egg film. Hell Marvel Cosmic is limited in the MCU without the FF rights so they may as well not blow their load just yet.

I read that Marvel came to an accomodation with Mr. Starlin regarding Thanos' appearance in the Avengers movie. He's writing "Thanos: The Infinity Revelation" for the company this year, so my guess is they are on good terms. With the Surfer out of commission, Adam can fill the essential role of "Precious Metal Colored Christ Figure" in the MCU.
NICE to hear. I really haven't seen Jim post too much on his FB account about it, probably can't because of contracts but he would hint at something you would think

Warlock is synonymous with Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet. To leave him out would be ten times worst than leaving Pym out of Ultron's creation.
I agree completely, I wouldn't be surprised tho if Fox has the rights to Adam because he was called HIM and started in FF.

I agree completely, I wouldn't be surprised tho if Fox has the rights to Adam because he was called HIM and started in FF.

The Inhumans, Black Panther and Ronan all started in the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, but Ronan's in GOTG and the other two are poised to make appearances. It certainly appears as though Marvel was much more restrictive when it came to licensing out their FF character family than they were with the X-Men.

I think Fox has the High Evolutionary, but not Adam Warlock. They may also have Kang.

I think Fox has the High Evolutionary, but not Adam Warlock. They may also have Kang.

I can't think of a single reason why FOX would have the High Evolutionary. And Kang is 100% tied to the Avengers - there's zero chance he was part of the FF or X-Men licensing agreements.

The Inhumans, Black Panther and Ronan all started in the World's Greatest Comic Magazine, but Ronan's in GOTG and the other two are poised to make appearances. It certainly appears as though Marvel was much more restrictive when it came to licensing out their FF character family than they were with the X-Men.

Yeah, I wouldn't bet on Adam Warlock being licensed to the FF movie franchise.

Plus, we've already seen his cocoon in the Dark World scene. He definitely exists in some capacity in the MCU.

I can't think of a single reason why FOX would have the High Evolutionary.

He has ties to Sinister, Pietro and Wanda, Galactus...it wouldn't shock me if both studios can use him.

Kang is 100% tied to the Avengers - there's zero chance he was part of the FF or X-Men licensing agreements.

If he's 100% tied to The Avengers, then he's 500% tied to the Fantastic Four (property of Fox) given that he's actually related to both Reed and Doom. He's also a huge player in Apocalypse's origin (another Fox character currently in the spotlight).

He has ties to Sinister, Pietro and Wanda, Galactus...it wouldn't shock me if both studios can use him.

If he's 100% tied to The Avengers, then he's 500% tied to the Fantastic Four (property of Fox) given that he's actually related to both Reed and Doom. He's also a huge player in Apocalypse's origin (another Fox character currently in the spotlight).

Like Hank Pym invented Ultron sort of link?

If they can have Stark invent Ultron then they can certainly change that even if it violates comic canon since they can't use it otherwise right?

Like Hank Pym invented Ultron sort of link?

If they can have Stark invent Ultron then they can certainly change that even if it violates comic canon since they can't use it otherwise right?

Who said Stark invents Ultron? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"