Die Hard 6

Have it be set in an inclosed area again like DH1 and DH2. A cruise ship would be nice. And bring back "Carl Winslow", Samuel L Jackson, Justin Long.

After seeing the wonderful PoS that was DH5, they need to hire Wiseau to do the next one. Seriously, you can't go anywhere else but down.

Hell why not just have all the minor characters from all movies come back in some cameo scene or something.

- black kid limo driver Argyle
- Dennis Franz's character
- McClane's NYPD sergeant and his fellow officers
- Kevin Smith

Hell why not just have all the minor characters from all movies come back in some cameo scene or something.

- black kid limo driver Argyle
- Dennis Franz's character
- McClane's NYPD sergeant and his fellow officers
- Kevin Smith

John & Jack get invited to the White House to get medals for their actions in Die Hard 5. Everybody that has ever helped John in previous movies show up as does Holly & Lucy. Another Gruber relative attacks the White House to get revenge on John & this time John & Jack get help from not just Zeus but also Casey Ryback who is now the White House chef

John & Jack get invited to the White House to get medals for their actions in Die Hard 5. Everybody that has ever helped John in previous movies show up as does Holly & Lucy. Another Gruber relative attacks the White House to get revenge on John & this time John & Jack get help from not just Zeus but also Casey Ryback who is now the White House chef

Haha, this sounds like my idea but it was a medal for Die Hard 4. :up:

And I wanted to use a screenplay that wasn't originally planned to be a Die Hard movie because apparently thats how quite a few die hards happened

And I wanted to use a screenplay that wasn't originally planned to be a Die Hard movie because apparently thats how quite a few die hards happened

It does not have to be at the White House. Pick any location for the ceremony & Casey Ryback can still be involved. Maybe the President finds out about all of the things John has done on his own with various terrorist. That he just makes a John McClane day

It does not have to be at the White House. Maybe the President finds out about all of the things John has done on his own with various terrorist. That he just makes a John McClane day

Well there was this Blacklist screenplay about the President's motorcade getting attacked (naturally called Motorcade). Have the President going to an award ceremony for McClane and ask for McClane to ride with him so they can talk, cast a cool older actor as the President, and off to the races

Well there was this Blacklist screenplay about the President's motorcade getting attacked (naturally called Motorcade). Have the President going to an award ceremony for McClane and ask for McClane to ride with him so they can talk, cast a cool older actor as the President, and off to the races

That works lol

How about this, have it come full circle for the next sequel:

It's the anniversary of the infamous Nakatomi Plaza's terrorist attack and a celebration is taking place with current and former employees, by this time John and Holly McClane are happily back together but then suddenly BAM! it's deja vu all over again when a descendant of the Gruber family is once again hell bent on not just ransacking the plaza but wanting vengeance from John, I mean how can the same thing happen to the same man twice right?

Except this time John gets seriously injured and out of commision (no superhuman feats this time) and so it's up to Jack McClane alongside Justin Long to rescue everyone.

Would rather have Sam Jackson back then Justin Long. I would think a Gruber relative would want revenge on Zeus as well

Last edited:
After seeing the wonderful PoS that was DH5, they need to hire Wiseau to do the next one. Seriously, you can't go anywhere else but down.

A Tommy Wiseau-directed DH6 would be a step up, actually.

How about this, have it come full circle for the next sequel:

It's the anniversary of the infamous Nakatomi Plaza's terrorist attack and a celebration is taking place with current and former employees, by this time John and Holly McClane are happily back together but then suddenly BAM! it's deja vu all over again when a descendant of the Gruber family is once again hell bent on not just ransacking the plaza but wanting vengeance from John, I mean how can the same thing happen to the same man twice right?

Except this time John gets seriously injured and out of commision (no superhuman feats this time) and so it's up to Jack McClane alongside Justin Long to rescue everyone.
Hey, make it a dedication of a wing of Nakatomi Plaza to John McClane and I'll be on board, lol. Seriously, the guy deserves a little recognition from the world at this point (he literally saved the country in DH4), and I can't see anything smaller than something in his honor that his family forces him to attend being big enough to get him back in that building. That would also be publicized enough to draw out your Gruber descendant for their revenge plot. But ditch Justin Long and just let it be Jack and Lucy. Jack's too high-level a pro (from what I hear, still haven't seen it) to be much of an underdog and Lucy makes for a much less annoying "average joe" than Long. Not that Long particularly bothered me in DH4, but one whole movie of him was enough. Jack could be the one who gets into the hand-to-hand fights with the baddies, and Lucy can otherwise represent the "original John," just barely surviving by the skin of her teeth using her wits (and probably some degree of gunfire. You know John would consider a shooting range "daddy-daughter bonding time." My Army dad certainly did, lol). That would give us a chance to get to know Jack and Lucy as characters outside of their dynamics with their dad, like we got to see with Holly in her scenes with the other side characters in the 1st two movies.

Also, don't have Holly and John already reconciled. If he's out of commission and they're both hostages, then that gives them the perfect opportunity to be forced to communicate and work out their issues. Your Gruber descendant's revenge plot could have something to do with killing John's kids in front of him, so as long as they're MIA somewhere in the building, he's kept alive. Of course, in the 3rd Act, John would need to come to their rescue somehow, one final blaze of glory and all that.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of Jack or Lucy or anyone else taking up the leading role, that was one of my issues with DH5, McClane was the sidekick. I honestly don't think revisiting the Gruber's a 3rd time is the way to go. The original film was a trailblazer, I'd like the final film to at least have it's own freshness to a degree.

No offense to anyone in here but some of the idea feels more like an aging singers greatest hits album as opposed to a middle aged Bruce Springsteen still knocking out quality new material, which is what I think McClane should be.

This was the idea I had as well minus sidekicks and Casey Ryback lol, but they waited 6 years and in that time Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down got made.

I read that script and it would be a great fit for Die Hard 6, good thinking. Cast Harrison Ford as The Preside4nt? :D

Have it be set in an inclosed area again like DH1 and DH2. A cruise ship would be nice. And bring back "Carl Winslow", Samuel L Jackson, Justin Long.

A cruise ship was my idea too...

McClane takes a Christmas cruise and mid way through, he wakes up hung over one morning to find that some bad mofo (go back to a british villain.. Gary Oldman, James Purefoy) has taken over the ship. Cue lots of sneaking around rooms and the bowels of the ships and lots of gun fights... Throw in a sub plot about a naval gunship that comes to the rescue but the captain is in on it and they use the gun ship to escape.. Oh and William Artherton's character should be on the cruise and Holly should be waiting for John when the cruise finishes.

But I do like the ideas about the Nakatomi anniversary and the presidents motorcade coming under attack..

Last edited:
My idea for this, don't do it, LOL! I am one who didn't like DH4 and the new one I had little interest in seeing because it looked like a louder, noisier version of the 4th film which I didn't like, I don't see a 6th film being anything more than a louder, noisier version of the 5th. Thus, we should just avoid it altogether.

Having him get mixed up with terrorists for a 4th time was stretching believeability almost too far, now a 5th and 6th time?

C'mon...

I think they may be in some serious trouble for the deaths of how many civilians from DH5 - not necessarily getting medals for it...

Their actions almost caused a new war with Russia.
:wow:

I think about 500 innocent people died during that car chase.

Yeah that car chase was pretty messed up, but that's why I blame Skip Woods and John Moore. Looked like McClane didn't even care.

A cruise ship was my idea too...

McClane takes a Christmas cruise and mid way through, he wakes up hung over one morning to find that some bad mofo (go back to a british villain.. Gary Oldman, James Purefoy) has taken over the ship. Cue lots of sneaking around rooms and the bowels of the ships and lots of gun fights... Throw in a sub plot about a naval gunship that comes to the rescue but the captain is in on it and they use the gun ship to escape.. Oh and William Artherton's character should be on the cruise and Holly should be waiting for John when the cruise finishes.

But I do like the ideas about the Nakatomi anniversary and the presidents motorcade coming under attack..

Even though the Cruise ship idea has a bit of the whiff of Speed II: Cruise Control I think it would be something that could be reworked into a good Die Hard 6.

And god help the director who has to deal with those 2 grumps

Haha, just put Ford and Willis in the scenes together without a script and let them go at it verbally. :D

Having him get mixed up with terrorists for a 4th time was stretching believeability almost too far, now a 5th and 6th time?

C'mon...

Well technically he only faced terrorists in the 2nd and 4th and in the second they were more mercs than terrorists.

A few scenarios that die hard 6 id like to see are:

John mclane goes back in time to the events of die hard 1, kills gruber before he reaches nakatomi and takes his place as the villain to see if he can defeat his younger self.

Or

Mclane dies at the begging so jack kidnaps johns body and fights crime with john being used as a puppet, weekend at bernies style.

Or

A prequel set when john was a 6 year old fighting corrupt teachers in his school. Prefect way to go back to the enclosed area only scenario of die hard 1.

Or

Mclane gets close with holly again only to find out that ashton kutcher is banging her so he just goes with it and shares holly. Only to find out later that ashton is the son of hans gruber.

Or

Mclane breaks into prison, kidnaps john mctiernan and forces him to give die hard back some dignity.

the end :)

You know, a villain doesn't have to be a Gruber to be interesting. They just need to be well written.

They've just gotta bring the series back to its roots. Include Nakatomi in some way, maybe reveal a bigger plot that McClane was unaware of (involving Gruber, Holly, etc). Bring Holly back. Have McClane in a terrible situation by himself.

I don't know, though. Bruce Willis is really starting to show his age and should maybe bow out now. Plus, this flopped. Huge drop this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"