Die Hard 6

How about John McClane teaming up with...a cartoon rabbit?

A few scenarios that die hard 6 id like to see are:

John mclane goes back in time to the events of die hard 1, kills gruber before he reaches nakatomi and takes his place as the villain to see if he can defeat his younger self.

Or

Mclane dies at the begging so jack kidnaps johns body and fights crime with john being used as a puppet, weekend at bernies style.

Or

A prequel set when john was a 6 year old fighting corrupt teachers in his school. Prefect way to go back to the enclosed area only scenario of die hard 1.

Or

Mclane gets close with holly again only to find out that ashton kutcher is banging her so he just goes with it and shares holly. Only to find out later that ashton is the son of hans gruber.

Or

Mclane breaks into prison, kidnaps john mctiernan and forces him to give die hard back some dignity.

the end :)

You know, all these are genius. No sarcasm.

Die Hard 5 might end up the lowest grossing movie of the franchise ever. Might put the franchise's future in jeopardy.

How about John McClane teaming up with...a cartoon rabbit?

Or John McClane as a pink rabbit!................. oh wait thats been done already :oldrazz:

north.jpg

Sounds like Burce Willis was the director and Moore just did whatever he said.

Here's how I approached it. I've done music work in the past and whether it's Bono or Mick Jagger, you're not going to tell them how to sing one of their songs, but you can construct the concert around them, you can move the lights, you can move the cameras, you can construct the imagery, but you're not going to say, "Mick, I think you should put your foot up on the monitor here during Brown Sugar." For a start, you'd be told to go **** yourself, but you also might be tampering with something that you yourself greatly admire, and I don't know if I want that. I want someone to have clean hands handling that lab sample, and Bruce has clean hands.

If he thinks of something, it's going to be McClane-esque with a 25-year study of it. If I think of something McClane-esque, it'll be with the consciousness of a fan. Am I going to be the wildlife photographer saying, here comes the snow leopard, let's film him, or shall we fake it in the studio? The approach was to take one constant, Bruce as McClane and he knows what to do, and put the rest around that. I'm confident that that was the smart thing to do. It also made sure he brought his A game, and the contract was I'll film it, you do your thing and I'll give you as much direction as you want, but know that I won't let you down.
- See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/is-...d-on-the-blu-ray-horizon#sthash.cKEEcSUt.dpuf

Hopefully sinking Die Hard puts an end to him.

Especially if we get a remake with Dominic West as McClane.

so Moore just outted himself as a helpless tool?

Pretty much. I understand giving an actor room to move in a role, but you can't let them do your job for you. This sounds like Moore lacks intestinal fortitude to control and run a film set.

Clean hands? :huh: At any rate I'm pretty sure Bruce didn't design, shoot and edit the cluster**** action sequences.

Notice how you only hear horror stories when Bruce is working with a hack? Rian Johnson doesn't strike me as a guy with any kind of clout in hollywood (At least pre Looper), but I haven't seen anything to suggest Bruno was a nightmare on that set. Same with Moonrise Kingdom (Imagine a set with Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Edward Norton and Harvey Keitel).

Clean hands? :huh: At any rate I'm pretty sure Bruce didn't design, shoot and edit the cluster**** action sequences.

Maybe he should've. I'm willing to trust a guy whose seen Tony Scott, John McTiernan, Walter Hill and Quentin Tarantino do it first hand.

No offense to anyone in here but some of the idea feels more like an aging singers greatest hits album as opposed to a middle aged Bruce Springsteen still knocking out quality new material, which is what I think McClane should be.
If we're talking about the FINAL Die Hard (which I hope to Movie God we are), I actually think it should have something of a "greatest hits" feel. Especially for a franchise that has now had at least one installment across 4 different decades with the same lead character/actor, a little nostalgia element would go a long way toward giving the series and fans a proper goodbye. I'm not saying to do a complete retread the first one (I think we can all agree that would be a mistake), but bring back a major element of the first one (be it Nakatomi Plaza, or a Gruber, or whatever) and go back to the basics of what people fell in love with to begin with - which includes John feeling helpless and actually seeming like an underdog. Wrap up the through line of what has always really mattered to McClane while you're at - his relationship with his (whole) family - and I think that would help the franchise to go out on a graceful, dignified note.

I understand the desire to see them do something new, but I honestly believe this particular franchise's days of "reinvigorating the action genre" are over. They've gone "big" enough with the threats, no need to escalate it to even more ridiculous proportions. And we've seen what happens when they try for newer, modern stories. IMO, that need for freshness in the modern age has caused them to lose sight of what made this particular series special in the first place. Die Hard is a franchise that appears to be - and should be - on its last legs, since there's a very short window left before Willis stops being able to sell the action and ends up looking like Ford in the last Indiana Jones (sadly unable to even throw the whip properly). With that in mind, I think it's time to stop looking forward, and instead take a look back. If ever there was a moment for self-reflection, this is it. Go a little smaller, more personal, and go old-school again one last time, imo. So while I'm not saying Mace's idea is necessarily the way to go (probably too much of a retread), I do think he's thinking in the right direction.

I'm not an idiot - I know the franchise is in for a full-on reboot sooner than later whether we want it or not, but I think the original Willis version deserves proper closure before that happens.

Last edited:
Well, it was clear from the get go that DH5 was Bruce Willis' (freaky mutated abomination of a) baby through and through. Which now makes me believe that the DH universe is McTiernan and McTiernan only. Bruce don't know s**t about the character.

Well, it was clear from the get go that DH5 was Bruce Willis' (freaky mutated abomination of a) baby through and through. Which now makes me believe that the DH universe is McTiernan and McTiernan only. Bruce don't know s**t about the character.

I doubt that. There were still McClane-esque moments in the film. I didn't see Bruce Willis as the problem behind Die Hard 5.

I'm talking about the fact that he picked the screenwriter himself. And the movie was littered with anti-McClane moments. Was acting against everything John is. There is not one McClane moment.

I doubt that. There were still McClane-esque moments in the film. I didn't see Bruce Willis as the problem behind Die Hard 5.

And those moments never felt geniune. Plus, I felt his fingerprints all over the movie but at the time of my viewing I never had real evidence; just my intuition....And then Moore's recent comments reinforced my theory.

Last edited:
It's true. Skip Woods, the writer - with not one decent screenplay to his name - just happens to be Bruce's buddy. DH5 was Willis' first time acting as an Executive Producer on the series, and according to Woods, the whole story for AGDtDH was Bruce's idea, which he immediately called Woods up about it to invite him aboard. Willis was the one interviewing directors for the gig, too. It's impossible for me not put most of the blame for the current state of the franchise squarely on Bruce's shoulders at this point.

I mean, I wasn't too fond of DH4, but performance and reception-wise, it was definitely no franchise tanker. DH5, on the other hand, is just a disaster. So what changed from 4 to 5? Bruce's influence. The writing's on the wall, imo.

It's true. Skip Woods, the writer - with not one decent screenplay to his name - just happens to be Bruce's buddy. DH5 was Willis' first time acting as an Executive Producer on the series, and according to Woods, the whole story for AGDtDH was Bruce's idea, which he immediately called Woods up about it to invite him aboard. Willis was the one interviewing directors for the gig, too. It's impossible for me not put most of the blame for the current state of the franchise squarely on Bruce's shoulders at this point.

I mean, I wasn't too fond of DH4, but performance and reception-wise, it was definitely no franchise tanker. DH5, on the other hand, is just a disaster. So what changed from 4 to 5? Bruce's influence. The writing's on the wall, imo.

It's likely that Willis called the shots, but you should get your facts straight: he was a producer on Live Free or Die Hard (together with his company Cheyenne and his collaborator Arnold Rifkin), but wasn't involved as producer or executive producer on the latest. BUT - Willis was a producer he was pretty much ****ed over by Tom Rothman on the fourth. Willis brought the script (which pretty much became what we know as Live Free or Die Hard today) to Doug Richardson and asked him for a completely new draft. Richardson turned it in, Willis loved it, Rothman wanted to stick with the other version because it was more marketable to modern audiences (= kids). According to Kevin Smith the production of that movie was pretty much a nightmare. They kept rewriting the movie while in production because Willis didn't really like the script (and also thought Timothy Olyphant played the villain like a *****) and acted like a diva. Len Wiseman even got an ulcer because of the stress. Smith's scene, for example, was supposed filmed in one day. They took five days, because Willis refused to do the scene as originally written and whatnot. So Smith himself rewrote that scene.

You should watch this video (he first talks about Catch and release and about how Olyphant pretty much was an a-hole to him, and starting at minute 6 he talks about Live Free or Die Hard - and keep in mind this was BEFORE Smith's bad experience with Willis on Cop Out): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R10LY3FNRE

Last edited:
Actually, he's listed as an Exec Producer in DH5. And he's not in DH4.

Actually, he's listed as an Exec Producer in DH5. And he's not in DH4.

Weird, he's not credited on the poster. Tom Karnowski, Jason Keller and Skip Woods are credited. I've checked on Live Free or Die Hard, and his then-collaborator Arnold Rifkin (with whom he owned Cheyenne) is credited as exec producer.

EDIT: He's not listed in the opening credits either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"