Dijimon may have just signed for Black Panther...trilogy!!!

Djimon Hounsou to Voice Black Panther:
BET Networks and Marvel Animation have hired Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond) to voice to the title character in the cable network's upcoming animated series, "The Black Panther."

The series will be adapted from six issues of the Marvel comic of the same name, which were written in 2005 by director, producer (The Boondocks, House Party) and former BET president Reginald Hudlin.

"It's a blessing for African Americans and minorities to have a superhero they can identify with," said Hounsou of the character, which was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, debuted in 1966 in a Fantastic Four comic and later headlined his own volumes beginning in 1973.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7796

I've long thought Djimon Hounsou should play the Black Panther in a live action movie so him voicing T'Challa is pretty cool.

Voicing him is great. But I also want to see a live action with him. Perfect casting.

It's Djimon not Dijimon!

Or is it???

Digimon04.jpg
http://www.animationartist.com/Upcoming/Assets/Digimon/Digimon04.jpg

I was pulling for Chiwetl but I like Djimon. Let's see it!

that's pretty cool news But i seriously hope they don't animate it the way it was in that trailer

Ohhh but they will. They're going for some freaky artistic style, but hopefully it'll grow on us.

I'd still go for a Black Panther movie. A good script and a good BP would be just what Marvel needs right now. They're seriously going to pidgeon-hole themselves with Avengers, where they'll have finished it, and everyone will be tired of the Superheroes they've been using. Black Panther can mix that up a bit, keep things fresh.

I doubt they'll paint themselves into a corner, the way DC/WB have w/Supes & Batman. I remain hopeful that BP will soon grace the silver screen, & that they'll do him justice so he doesn't come off as some sort of Batman knock-off.

Ohhh but they will. They're going for some freaky artistic style, but hopefully it'll grow on us.

I'd still go for a Black Panther movie. A good script and a good BP would be just what Marvel needs right now. They're seriously going to pidgeon-hole themselves with Avengers, where they'll have finished it, and everyone will be tired of the Superheroes they've been using. Black Panther can mix that up a bit, keep things fresh.

They have a whole lot left to go BP, Hawkeye, Luke Cage, DD (re-boot), Doctor Strange, Moon Knight, etc...

Daredevil would be Fox though, right? I thought we were just counting Marvel Studios.

And Hawkeye, Luke Cage and Moon Knight really aren't mainstream enough to get a big movie. Neither is Doctor Strange, Really. I think Black Panther could pull off the high-budget summer flick though, a la Iron Man or TIH.

I hope it's Black Panther, I always envisioned the film being a cross between Nolan's Batman films and Blood Diamond,

don't roar people: but I hope Halle at least cameos as Storm in a later film, but of course with some shred of accent (dives under couch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"