Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurel is barely believable as BC because of Sarah: Sarah is a badass fighter, with believable background as trained killer. Additionally, she was presented as really weak person so it is difficult to imagine her as someone at least equally skilled, unless they will make her some tech-depending hero. Of course, it may open the possibility that Laurel, desperately trying to become "tough enough", will resort to some unnatural stuff. This gives the opening for very nice plot.

Concerning the jacket gift - it would sound better if Laurel answers: it almost fits. Anyway - she is too skinny ;-).

Seriously, she was so good here.[YT]HzlTUMufs4U[/YT]

She was a b**chy demon. She always excels at being b**chy. Which is so not Black Canary.

I can't wait to hear what Nathan thinks about all of this though.lol

I just kept sighing at the end. That's all the energy I have left.

Last edited:
And KC has done fight training, if someone can get stronger is her, she's taller than Lotz, so she can look even better. Lets not forget all the hatred Gal Gadot's casting got, now she looks stronger and with the right suit, she should be fine as Wonder Woman.

What has height got to do with it? :huh:

Caity Lotz is a trained martial artist in real life as well as being a practitioner of parkour and a former professional dancer.
[YT]/ACP7Gl8WkPk[/YT]

I have no problem with Laurel becoming Black Canary in the future. Its all about the choreography and making the physicality of it believable.

What would Laurel have accomplished by allowing herself to be overwhelmed by darkness? How would that have helped her, Oliver, or the city in any way?

Also: the next few episodes will take place over the course of a single night. We're essentially watching one long episode of Arrow. You haven't seen the end (or even the middle) of that episode yet, so your complaint is (at this time) completely unfounded.

Ok, now that Season 2 is officially over, I think we can call Slade telling Laurel the secret, the writer's shoddy and lazy way of getting Laurel in on the action, because they had no other idea of how to get her involved. Slade telling Laurel Oliver's secret, had no repercussions whatsoever.

All that did was to pretty much **** up Slade's plans. Because he gave Ollie yet another ally. She was then lucky enough to discover Blood's involvement and was able to give Ollie his fighting spirit back. Was that Slade's big plan? To give him one more ally to come at him? What was the freaking point of telling her the secret? There was none. It was only a way to finally give Laurel better things to do, which only felt more unnatural, because they did such a rush job of trying to make everyone like her.

Ok, now that Season 2 is officially over, I think we can call Slade telling Laurel the secret, the writer's shoddy and lazy way of getting Laurel in on the action, because they had no other idea of how to get her involved. Slade telling Laurel Oliver's secret, had no repercussions whatsoever.

All that did was to pretty much **** up Slade's plans. Because he gave Ollie yet another ally. She was then lucky enough to discover Blood's involvement and was able to give Ollie his fighting spirit back. Was that Slade's big plan? To give him one more ally to come at him? What was the freaking point of telling her the secret? There was none. It was only a way to finally give Laurel better things to do, which only felt more unnatural, because they did such a rush job of trying to make everyone like her.

Someone is not happy ..
Z25MXvz.gif

Last edited:
Someone is not happy ..

are you surprised?

Slade obviously underestimated Laurel when telling her Ollies secret, after how she had been all season he probably expected her to flip out.

are you surprised?

Slade obviously underestimated Laurel when telling her Ollies secret, after how she had been all season he probably expected her to flip out.

I think he was talking about Nathan's venting. Unless your second paragraph is separate from the first line, in which case, my bad.

Agreed.

Personally I still don't Laurel all that much. My least favourite character in the show.

So basically, anything that happens that puts Laurel in a good position in this show makes no sense and is only done for that reason. I've seen that complaint a bunch of times since she's been more involved.

Slades plan was to screw up his life, so he told her hoping she would flip out or something. Once she talked with her father and he made her realize what the guy under the hood must be going through, she became sympathetic and wanted to help.

But because it's Laurel its forced.

I love Laurel and I hope we see her training in season 3.

She gets too much hate from fandom and some of the reasons are so dumb. I hope she'll have a nice storyline coming up

I love Laurel and I hope we see her training in season 3.

I don't love her (yet), but I grew to like her more and more as the season progressed. I hope she'll start training next season, being driven by her desire to be able to stand on her own two feet,. If done right, it could mirror Thea's storyline.

Seeing Oliver, Dinah Laurel, and Malcolm Merlyn feels reminiscent of the first season triangle of Oliver, Dinah Laurel, and Tommy Merlyn.

I love how his beard seems to be thicker in that picture. I really hope he grows it thicker in Season 3.

Alright, as someone who likes Laurel, she kinda has a way to go before she's actually cool. Her takedown of a Mirakuru thug was about as likely as Roy manifesting expert level bow-skills all of a sudden.

She's grown to be responsible, but I'd like to see her become a hero in the courtroom before I see her take to the streets and bust heads. I feel like that would be a more natural evolution of the character.

Alright, as someone who likes Laurel, she kinda has a way to go before she's actually cool. Her takedown of a Mirakuru thug was about as likely as Roy manifesting expert level bow-skills all of a sudden.

She's grown to be responsible, but I'd like to see her become a hero in the courtroom before I see her take to the streets and bust heads. I feel like that would be a more natural evolution of the character.

The Mirakuru thug had just been hit with the cure courtesy of Sara. But if he had been still juiced up, I'd agree with you. I also agree she needs to become a hero in the courtroom (perhaps as the new District Attorney, who works with the Arrow to bring criminals of Starling to justice?) before she finds herself once again in a situation where the law must be bent/broken and she's having to move outside the law again. I would say that would make for a good story arc in the first half of Season 3, and then in the second half have her meet a certain Mr. Grant.

I love how his beard seems to be thicker in that picture. I really hope he grows it thicker in Season 3.

Was kind of hoping he would start Season 3 already with it. But if they want continuity i'm guessing he won't because he doesn't have it in The Flash pilot episode. Unless of course The Flash pilot takes place before S3E1. Then it is continuity error proof.

Was kind of hoping he would start Season 3 already with it. But if they want continuity i'm guessing he won't because he doesn't have it in The Flash pilot episode. Unless of course The Flash pilot takes place before S3E1. Then it is continuity error proof.

They should definitely bring on the beard for season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back