Director for a Justice League sequel?

Discussion in 'Justice League Sequels' started by Silvermoth, Mar 25, 2017.

?

New director

1. Patty Jenkins

2. James Wan

3. David Goyer

4. J J Abrahms

5. Guillermo del toro

6. George Miller

7. Peter Jackson

8. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller

9. Joss Whedon

10. Dean Israelite

11. Damien chazelle

12. Kevin smith

13. Lexie Alexander

14. David Ayers

15. Edgar Wright

16. Bring back snyder

17. Someone else

18. No-one, finish after one

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I personally think Snyder will be done with DC once justice league is done and more than a few people will be glad about that. So who should take over?

I would love to see a justice league movie from the guys who did the Lego movie

2. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson apparently words go here, I guess

I think that is false. He'll keep gladly directing these until they give him the boot.

3. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Then they should probably give him both boots

4. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Lucky Number 13

Have separate directors for the individual films as is being done and then have Snyder complete the 'book ends' of this 'era'. Not sure if they are going the Marvel Studio way of having defining phases as such.

5. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter DCEU & MCU Fan

Zack Snyder

6. DorkyFresh

DorkyFresh Sum Dum Goy

Just throwing some names into the mix that I wouldn't mind seeing take the helm...

Joe Carnahan (A-Team, The Grey), Shawn Levy (Real Steel), Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword) , Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Christopher McQuarrie (Jack Reacher, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation), Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Carrabean, Rango), Rian Johnson (Looper, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

And if we're shooting for the stars...Danny Boyle (28 Days Later, Sunshine), Stephen Soderberg (Ocean's Eleven, Haywire), Alfonso Cuaron (Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban, Gravity)

7. wnjcwjkk

wnjcwjkk Well-Known Member

I completely forgot there was an A-Team movie until I read that lol

I'd really like to see Guy Ritchie and RDJ reunite for another Sherlock Holmes film, I'm a fan of those. But it would be cool to see him try a DC movie, not sure what, though, Idk about JL

8. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Might be worth bumping this because of today's news. Terrible though. I don't like Snyder's movies but I do feel sorry for him.

9. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Wouldn't mind Patty J. or if they can steal the Russo bros. from Marvel, that'd be great.

10. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Yes, I don't think we'll see Snyder directing for the DCEU again (and I like him). Obviously we haven't seen Aquaman yet but Wan is one of my favourite directors around at the moment and he's already proved he can be successful with an ensemble cast. I'd like to see him give it a shot.

11. Mandon Knight

It all points to Whedon taking it on at this point....

12. Milk Tray Guy

I agree it's starting to look that way...

13. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I would be happy with that but it's a shame he's become the go to guy for superhero team ups now. It would be great if someone equally talented got the job

14. Milk Tray Guy

I agree with you. Nothing against Whedon but as I said I'd like to see Wan get a shot at it - if Aquaman does well. He's already proved he can handle a large featured cast and I think he's one of the most talented guys around.

15. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Unless Justice League and Batgirl are received very poorly, I think Whedon is the likely choice.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  16. Lobo

Lobo Snow Wifey

Yeah I'm going with Whedon as the likely choice. Though I'd be interested to see what Patty would do with the League. Even still I'd rather she focus on Wonder Woman 2.

17. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

John Fareavu, Patty Jenkins, Matthew Vaughn and Joss Whedon.

18. LaughterLives

LaughterLives Well-Known Member

I love all these directors minus 3 but I also think they'd be better suited for other DC projects instead of JL. I'm not aying they couldn't do JL but Like I think Joe Carnahan would make a great solo Batman film or Gore verbinski and Alfonso Cuaron would be perfect for Justice LEague Dark or Man of Steel 2, Rian Johnson I think would make the best Flash or Green Lantern films and etc.

My picks for a JL flick would be James McTeigue, Paul McGuigan, Cary Fukunaga, Frank Darabont, Jeff Nichols and maybe Peter Jackson. that last one is a big maybe for me doh.

19. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

Another mixed reviewed movie based on the first round of critic reviews. We'll see what boxoffice entails, (so far estimates are saying an OW under BVS).

But this is the third Snyder DCEU movie that got negative to mixed reviews

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  20. Ene

Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

I voted for Whedon. His Superman was loveable, and I'd be interested in seeing what his full Justice League would look like. Snyder should move onto smaller films, not the flag ship of the DCEU.

21. ManWithNoName18

ManWithNoName18 Well-Known Member

They should go for someone "safe", someone who has a fairly good track record behind them. Even before MOS Snyder had a polarizing career.

22. storyteller

storyteller Well-Known Member

Regardless of how you feel. Man did three films. Time for him to just move on in general.

I want someone who can do the following.

Can work with CGI but isn't a slave to it. Some directors are just terrible with CGI. They don't understand this tool.

Isn't afraid to get their Kirby on. By that I mean none of this dark red/blue/white stuff. It can be a dark movie without looking desaturated.

They can make a 2 hour film from the start. I'd rather they go "hmm this is great and we got a little money left so lets shoot some quick scenes to fill out".

Someone who truly understands the characters.................is the biggest load of crock. These characters are so old and been written by many different writers. I'm sorry snowflakes that Superman had to deal with grownup issues. But let's say someone who reads All Star Superman and goes "Oh yeah I need to make this live action".

They can work with a smaller budget. This is more on the WB. You need to learn how to make cheaper films without sacrificing the scale of the story. I didn't say to make cheaper city destroying battles. I mean you can make large scale stories without needing large scale battles.

They would prefer real props to CGI. By that I mean If they want a damn tiger on set for the Shazam bits then you need to get an injunction to prevent that.

They got a damn good editor whose closer to them then their own flesh and blood.

23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Yeah. I wonder if there's any young Taika Waiti esque wunderkinds out there that could do it? I feel like a fresh voice

24. psylockolussus

psylockolussus well-known Mutant

Matthew Vaughn. :)

25. Mandon Knight

This, as quick as you like.