directors for Justice League solo films

John Carpenter - Hawkman (sort of a "western" approach)
Peter Hyams - Green Lantern (because of all his space-themed films)

Peter Hyams would probably be better for Hawkman.
The Thanagarian-angle, yes.
But I think it would be best if the first film only links Hawkman back to ancient Egypt, and mixes it with present day action. Then it's Carpenter for the job. He's a good builder.

The Thanagarian-angle, yes.
But I think it would be best if the first film only links Hawkman back to ancient Egypt, and mixes it with present day action. Then it's Carpenter for the job. He's a good builder.

I don't see it.

Think a superhero-esque Vampires or Escape From New York, with a real bad ass lead character.

I get what you want me to see, but I don't see that being Hawkman. Nor do I see Carpenter fitting with much of any of the real mainstream DC comics fare.

Superman-Zack Snyder

Batman-Darren Arofonsky

Wonderwoman-Alfonso Cuaron

Green lantern-Ridley Scott

Flash-Rian Johnson

Superman-Zack Snyder

Batman-Darren Arofonsky

Wonderwoman-Alfonso Cuaron

Green lantern-Ridley Scott

Flash-Rian Johnson

Nice, I think I'd flip your choices for Batman and Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman : Peter Jackson, JJ Abrams, Tarsem Singh, Matthew Vaughn, or Frank Darabont

Nice, I think I'd flip your choices for Batman and Wonder Woman
Hold your horses, dude! You seriously think Aronofsky, with his dark, mysterious elements, would suit Wondy more than Bats? :huh:

I don't think Aronofsky should be near Batman. Did you hear about his Year One pitch? I don't think he's a good fit for any of the JL films. He's a great director, but not suited for this franchise.

Batman - David Fincher (Watch Se7en. He can pull off the detective angle of Batman awesomely well. I'm pretty sure he can pull off the fantastic elements of the character as well, considering his first film was Alien 3. The guy is much better, imo, than Nolan)

Wonder Woman - Guillermo del Toro (Honestly, I'd say Joss Whedon would be best, but since he's with Marvel, it's Guillermo. Imagine all the crazy things you would see in this film. Mythical monsters, gods, everything! It would be one of the most visually impressive superhero films ever, not to mention epic.)

Flash - Brad Bird (Bird is really able to combine intense and whimsical perfectly well. I think he would do an amazing job with the Flash!)

Green Lantern - Wachowskis (I know they've made a lot of really silly and bad movies, but they've also made some great ones. The original Matrix was great, V for Vendetta is pretty awesome, but the one that really gave me the impression they could pull it off is Cloud Atlas. Granted, they had help with that one, but they can totally create new worlds that feel completely different than anything you've seen before. My second choice is Guillermo del Toro--then again, I think he could probably do any of these films--but I don't want to sound repetitive...)

Plus I don't think Aranofsy has done action before. Has he?

Wonder Woman - Peter Jackson (great fantasy stories of grand scale)

The Flash - Baz Lurhmann (His films gives off a feeling they take place in a somewhat "different" world than ours; Red curtain trilogy sort of even emphazises that the stories are played out in front of an audience and the whole set is nothing but a really big stage. With that said, Baz could literally turn Flash into an actual live action comic book)

Aquaman - Steven Spielberg (One of the biggest directors in history, if not THE biggest, will have what it takes to make Aquaman what he should be. He's done everything: adventure, sci fi, drama, action, war, comedy... even horror and fantasy)

Green Arrow - Terry Gilliam (A surreal take on the Emerald Archer, the combo of Robin Hood and Batman in one single character, presented in a surrealistic way. Can you imagine something more awesome?)

Last edited:
KATHRYN BIGELOW for JL. It's not because we share the same name or anything.

ARONOFSKY - Batman
WINDING-REFN - Wonder Woman

Superman & Justice League: Zack Snyder
Wonder Woman: Nicolas Winding Refn
Green Lantern: Duncan Jones
Batman: Rian Johnson
The Flash: David Goyer

All produced by Christopher Nolan

Flash: Rian Johnson
Green Lantern: JJ Abrams
Wonder Woman: Kathryn Bigelow
Batman: David Fincher
Justice League: Steven Spielberg

And if we got sequels, there'd be a few others I'd like to see take them:
Batman 2: Jonathan Nolan
Wonder Woman 2: Nicholas Winding-Refn
Green Lantern 2: Ridley Scott
Flash 2: Brad Bird
Justice League 2: Peter Jackson

Batman 3: Darren Aronofsky
Wonder Woman 3: Guillermo del Toro
Green Lantern 3: The Wachowski's
Flash 3: Neill Blomkamp
Justice League 3: Jonathan Nolan

As for Superman, I say just keep Snyder.

I'd like to see Matthew Vaughn direct Aquaman's movie. I think he could pull it off.

Flash: Rian Johnson
Green Lantern: JJ Abrams
Wonder Woman: Kathryn Bigelow
Batman: David Fincher
Justice League: Steven Spielberg

And if we got sequels, there'd be a few others I'd like to see take them:
Batman 2: Jonathan Nolan
Wonder Woman 2: Nicholas Winding-Refn
Green Lantern 2: Ridley Scott
Flash 2: Brad Bird
Justice League 2: Peter Jackson

Batman 3: Darren Aronofsky
Wonder Woman 3: Guillermo del Toro
Green Lantern 3: The Wachowski's
Flash 3: Neill Blomkamp
Justice League 3: Jonathan Nolan

As for Superman, I say just keep Snyder.

Ooh I like that. I can already visualize the movie by substituting the characters in Hellboy with Hephaestus, etc

Last edited:
I think Rian Johnson, Danny Boyle, and Neil Blomkamp are great picks for WW, Flash, and GLCorps not only because of their style and quality output, but because they are great at making movies on smaller budgets, which WB would want to take advantage of to avoid another GL2011 scenario.

Johnson's Looper was only $30 million.
Boyle's latest, Trance, is only $13 million
Blomkamp's SFX-heavy District 9 was only $30 million (roughly 1/7th of GL2011's budget, with arguably better SFX)

--

Man of Tomorrow - 2015 : Zack Snyder

Wonder Woman - 2015 : Rian Johnson
style: new-52/Hellboy, with the camera movements/intensity/attitude of Haywire, Looper, & Only God Forgives

The FLASH - 2016 : Danny Boyle
style: Spiderman/Ironman-esque origin story, which we haven't got in a while, but shorter/faster/crazier with Boyle's kinetic camera/editing style and sweet/uplifting ending (ala Slumdog/127 hours), and the clever and contained time-travel story ala Looper

The Batman - 2016 : Fincher, (if there's a reboot)
style: Fincher-esque introspective detective story, ala Se7en, Fight Club, Dragon Tattoo, etc

Justice League - 2017: Brad Bird

King of Atlantis - 2018: Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), or Peter Jackson, who doesn't seem to have anything on his plate; his involvement would be huge. It also seems like the kind of epic scale property he might want to take on.

Green Lantern Corps - 2019: Blomkamp
style: Elysium / Star Trek '09

Heaven Sent - ?: Del Toro

Last edited:
Hold your horses, dude! You seriously think Aronofsky, with his dark, mysterious elements, would suit Wondy more than Bats? :huh:

Yes, he has a visual style similar too Tarsem Singh but less ornate and a 1000x the storyteller Singh is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"