Discovering the Strange Realms of Dr. Strange (Comics Suggestion Thread)

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
I know very little about Doctor Strange in the comics universe, so I'll leave this thread with little comment. But there is an excellent article from Grantland that is a good starter: Career Arc: Doctor Strange, Marvel’s Uncastable Sorcerer Supreme that explores the history of the character.

From this, I get two impressions. One, it might actually be a good idea to make him an established, wiser character in this universe, that acts on a plane above everyone else. Second, there might not be enough Acid in the universe to truly do this movie justice.

However, for the fans of the character. Are there particular stories, authors, comics that you would recommend for someone who would like to be introduced to the character?

I quite liked brian k vaughans the oath. I would recommend that to any new readers out there

The Steve Ditko run is the best, some Englehart issues are great, the one with Dr Doom, and BKV's The Oath are outstanding as well. But I like the fact that Fiege mentions the Ditko run as their main inspiration.

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange: The Oath, works as a great, accessible introduction to the character. Beyond that, I've been a fan of Doctor Strange for many years, but usually whenever he shows up as a guest star in someone else's book rather than in books of his own, which have been thin on the ground. I'd like to check out the original Lee/Ditko stuff.

I love the Von Doom and Strange graphic novel. Those are two characters that should interact more. Too bad we won't see that on the big screen anytime soon.

I love the Lee/Ditko comics for Doctor Strange! The stories are exciting and rather spooky, and the art is mesmerizing.

Jonathan Hickman's New Avengers has some very good Strange stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"