Discussion: Abortion II

Has the boycott even started? Seems rather premature to declare it hasn't stopped anything yet.

That is what you got? Seriously? I even say if they want to help for PR purpose, that is great. As in, I don't care why they are doing it, just that noise is being made against the BS law.

Bringing up whether there is an agreement over a boycott means what exactly? You keep on putting on strawmen.

You're saying this boycott is great and have given it credit for stopping abortion law (it hasn't) but there is no proof that has been of any meaningful help to this situation.

Has the boycott even started? Seems rather premature to declare it hasn't stopped anything yet.

A number of actors and actresses have said they won't film there if the law takes effect. The law is going to be held up in court so it could be years before that actually happens if at all.

Stacey Abrams, Jordan Peele and JJ Abrams among others are saying that staying in Georgia and fighting the law in court is the better play.

You're saying this boycott is great and have given it credit for stopping abortion law (it hasn't) but there is no proof that has been of any meaningful help to this situation.
I am saying any attempt to stop this bull**** is great. I don't care if it is for the most selfish reasons. How hard is that to understand exactly?

Also push back must work, and work immediately, before anyone comments on being happy that push back is happening? Since when?

A number of actors and actresses have said they won't film there if the law takes effect. The law is going to be held up in court so it could be years before that actually happens if at all.

Stacey Abrams, Jordan Peele and JJ Abrams among others are saying that staying in Georgia and fighting the law in court is the better play.
So in other words, the boycott hasn't started yet.

I am saying any attempt to stop this bull**** is great. I don't care if it is for the most selfish reasons. How hard is that to understand exactly?

Also push back must work, and work immediately, before anyone comments on being happy that push back is happening? Since when?

I don't personally see the good in praising weak gestures from celebrities or hypocrisy from big corporations just because it fits my cause.

Curious, but did you or anyone else here praise President Trump's campaign to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe?

I don't personally see the good in praising weak gestures from celebrities or hypocrisy from big corporations just because it fits my cause.

Curious, but did you or anyone else here praise President Trump's campaign to decriminalize homosexuality around the globe?

No, because Trump has proven he doesn't give a **** about gay rights and likely won't do anything with that campaign. That's the worst comparison to make, honestly.

You mean the policy he has been shown publicly to not have been aware of? That policy? Indicating it obviously did not originate with him or have his support? That one?

No, because Trump has proven he doesn't give a **** about gay rights and likely won't do anything with that campaign. That's the worst comparison to make, honestly.

Netflix and Disney have proven to not care about women's rights outside of the states. They likely won't pull their money out of Georgia because it likely won't come to that.

Same ****.

Again, no. Because his vp is Mike Pence.

Again, who is praising the gesture. Just happy it is happening. Like I was happy when the NBA All-Star game was pulled from North Carolina because of their BS transgender bathroom law. An awful law against transgender folk was still passed and they had the all-star game there two years later. I am still happy that attention was brought to an issue of discrimination.

The others covered the Trump bit, pretty easily. :funny:

Doesn't deserve it. An utterly meaningless PR move; this administration is objectively hostile to the LGBT community.

Doesn't deserve it. An utterly meaningless PR move; this administration is objectively hostile to the LGBT community.

An utterly meaningless PR move... Who does he think he is, Bob Iger?

Netflix and Disney have proven to not care about women's rights outside of the states. They likely won't pull their money out of Georgia because it likely won't come to that.

Same ****.
Trump literally preaches bigotry and discrimination. He has made it actual policy. That is the same thing?

Also as meaningless as a gesture you might find what Netflix and Disney do, they have started being more outwardly inclusive of many communities. Have they changed the world? Nope. But improvement is improvement, especially when your official position isn't bigotry. I don't have to praise it, to see some benefits it might have.

Netflix is far less evil than Trump.
I am sure Netflix is full of awful human beings, in positions of power. Hell we know someone who worked for them yelled at a potential rape victim that the company didn't believe her. But do you know what the difference between Trump and Netflix are? Netflix fired that guy. Because whether it was profit concerns or something else, they did the right thing there. And well with Trump we don't even get to the question of why they did the right thing. Because he continually does the wrong thing, the vast majority of the time.

No Latino Sneider... It was doomed from the start.
That actually worked out beautifully imo. I don't get mad at Netflix often over that kind of stuff, but that one killed me. Next, Glow. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"