Discussion: Abortion II

And if anyone could sue people that don't wear masks the pro-"life" crowd wouldn't like that.
Republicans don't care. They got what they wanted. They played dirty. Now it's time for the blue states to do the same. Saw a comment elsewhere that should Republicans do this, blue states should start using the same abuse of power over guns too.

This is only going to escalate and it's all because the Republicans and "right to life" crowd can't respect individual rights unless it is in their own interest.

That's the thing, there is no way the law will stand up to judicial review. Vigilante justice bypassing rights is a thing that will lead to chaos. And I am quite certain at least 5/9 judges sees that. The only option is to go full on "only works for Republicans".
When can a judicial review happen?

So, remember when folks said that Biden's exit from Afghanistan was gonna be a blip...?

Texas GOP made sure something far more resonant is now out there and in terms of its ability to mobilize voters in a mid term swamps leaving a failed war.

This is going to galvanize both voter enthusiasm as well as fundraising.

And it will be an issue motivating activists and rank and file from now until mid terms.

Biden's administration needs to stop reacting to fascism and start preventing it before its made the law.

Last edited:
A96qiHi.jpg

I'll settle for 'do something'. Not talk, act.
And don't just tweet about it. Seems like everytime the GOP does something illegal or against protocol there is a Dem tweeting about how and why its illegal or wrong. They need to start hounding the DOJ, FBI, Biden, Pelosi, and Garland every single time the GOP breaks the law or protocol. File official complaints with state and federal agencies against these criminals.

That's the thing, there is no way the law will stand up to judicial review. Vigilante justice bypassing rights is a thing that will lead to chaos. And I am quite certain at least 5/9 judges sees that. The only option is to go full on "only works for Republicans".
I wish I could be that confident. If it were really so cut and dry, SCOTUS wouldn't have allowed the law to go into affect. 5/9 justices declined to issue a stay until the suit is settled. That seems to telegraph that they're prepared to uphold it. These people were explicitly put on the court to overturn Roe v. Wade. We're in the endgame now. And Dems are still wringing their hands over the filibuster.

I wish I could be that confident. If it were really so cut and dry, SCOTUS wouldn't have allowed the law to go into affect. 5/9 justices declined to issue a stay until the suit is settled. That seems to telegraph that they're prepared to uphold it. These people were explicitly put on the court to overturn Roe v. Wade. We're in the endgame now. And Dems are still wringing their hands over the filibuster.
On the Majority Report today, Seder made a good point. If this how they want to play it, California needs to pass the same law for firearms. Any citizen who sees or hears a firearm, can sue do to the lack of safety. It's the natural conclusion here.

I wouldn’t waste your time trying to engage in bad faith debates

Hopefully Epic will cancel Tripwire's license for Unreal Engine.

There is pro life and then there is this abomination of a law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"