Discussion: Abortion II

Correct. It is about control. If they really cared about minimizing abortion, there would be greater access to contraceptives and sex education.

Birth rates are going down because the younger generation knows how expensive it is to have a child. We will have issues in a generation as people start retiring and there’s no one coming up behind them to fill the workforce.
Yep, the cost of living crisis is exposing the financial strain people are under. The same republicans who are pro-abortion are also anti-education, don't want workers paid a living wage, don't want maternity leave or child care support and a bunch of other things that would be inducive to raising a child.

Conservatives endlessly complain about the death of the nuclear family yet they have contributed immensely by continually supporting policies that make it harder for families.

The birth rate in many countries isn't going down due to some liberal lifestyle. The birth rate is going down because having children has becoming insanely expensive and having a large family if you aren't wealthy is a one way ticket to poverty for most would be parents.

The Great Recession had a bigger impact on starting families than any of the right wing boogeymen.

Looks like Sony's Playstation division is creating unnecessary trouble for themselves by refusing to take a stand on this. Microsoft had no trouble saying they support women's rights.

Looks like Sony's Playstation division is creating unnecessary trouble for themselves by refusing to take a stand on this. Microsoft had no trouble saying they support women's rights.

A classic Chapek Maneuver.

I'm torn on this. If an employer wants to keep sensitive politics out of the work place I can understand that. Especially if there has been heated arguments and trouble caused by political discussions. Last thing an employer needs is Carl the IT guy screaming at Karol because she wants women to have the right to choose. And with the way this country is with workplace violence and mass shootings its frankly dangerous to talk politics and religion with coworkers. I dont discuss my politics with anyone at work. When a coworker starts talking politics I just nod, smile, frown at the appropriate points in the conversation, and my responses are as short and simple as possible.

Plus look at it this way, if the Hype banned talk about abortion would we accept that decision by the admins and site operators? I think we would if we didnt want to be banned. We accept a certain set of rules when we come here, and employees accept a certain set of rules when they are at work.

But if this rule was directed only at female employees, or Hypsters, Id have a problem with that.

In other news,

Clarence Thomas calls out John Roberts as Supreme Court edges closer to overturning Roe v. Wade

:whatever:

Last edited:
I honestly hope women across the US go on a sex strike, though I'm sure that might incite some bad reactions by idiot men.

I’ve read that women are seeking out partners that politically agree with them more and more and rightwing men feel left behind. I’ve posted some articles about it over the past five years.

I’ve read that women are seeking out partners that politically agree with them more and more and rightwing men feel left behind. I’ve posted some articles about it over the past five years.
On some dating sites some women list their preferred political preferences in potential partners or outright exclude certain men with with political views they disagree with.

There was also some conservative only dating sites that sprung up because they were getting shunned on the more popular dating sites

It's no coincidence that right wingers and incels are frequently one in the same.

Merilee.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"