Discussion: Abortion II

This may still allows states to ban abortion at conception with no exceptions but limits the states that have no interest in going that far; shrinks the ceilings not raises the floors.

Last edited:

This may still allows states to ban abortion at conception with no exceptions but limits the states that have no interest in going that far; shrinks the ceilings not raises the floors.

Does Lindsey Graham know how badly this is going to blow up in the GOP's face, less than two months before the midterms?

What on earth are they smoking? If Republicans were looking to tamp down D voter enthusiasm, this is pouring gas on the fire not putting it out.

I am just astounded by his complete idiocy in introducing it NOW. When most Republican candidates are hurrying to scrub their history of force birth support.

I am just astounded by his complete idiocy in introducing it NOW. When most Republican candidates are hurrying to scrub their history of force birth support.

Virtually all Republicans in Congress aren't Club Mensa. Some don't even have an IQ over 70 -- like certain Congress critters from TX (Gap Tooth Gohmert) and GA (Margie Three Toes).

And even Moscow Mitch, as craven as he is, has lost control over his caucus. Had he still been in control, the Senate GOP would've never pulled this stunt before midterms. Especially with the Dobbs decision.

Are they begging to lose AGAIN?

I though the GOP wanted it to be a "state's issue" ?

well-im-not-surprised-not-amused.gif

Confirmed that this is aimed at punishing and restricting abortion-rights states and not 'red states'.

A federal bill aimed at taking away states rights - the states that have less limitations on women.

I though the GOP wanted it to be a "state's issue" ?

well-im-not-surprised-not-amused.gif

I mean, McConnell was making noise about a national ban right after Dobbs. Been a bit more quiet on it post Kansas.

Instead of reading the room, state Republicans with trifecta control are continuing to push these through.

WV may be ruby red, but I'm sure the abortion ban is going to inflame some pro-choice Rs to vote blue with Ds there too.

With MAGA Rs pushing for an abortion ban and ignoring the spanking they got in special elections across the country... they're pushing an unpopular agenda when abortion is constantly being featured in state and national news. They're SERIOUSLY underestimating the amount of voters (not just women) that are pissed off and energized to vote them out.

They’re gambling by dangling this, they can increase turnout of pro-lifers. They know they can’t really sway independents at this point, so they’re hoping to juice up the numbers on their side.

An Arizona judge has lifted the stay on a complete abortion ban with almost no exceptions.

Not good for Kari Lake and Mark Kelly's Republican rival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"