Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

And when August comes and goes and they still have not been able to overthrow the government and install their dictator, what will their excuse be then?

And when August comes and goes and they still have not been able to overthrow the government and install their dictator, what will their excuse be then?

The same one that was used after Trump was to take over in April. It's a moving timeline......it'll be at the end of the year. 01/01/2022. 01+01=2 and 2+20=22 so that's the date. I swear people around here don't know anything......

WRT this infrastructure deal. The Dems should go along with the repubs on less for mass transit and then put it in the 2nd reconciliation bill. Done.

Pelosi, Sinema. 2022 and 2024 are going to be painful...

raw

Get her the fork out.

They can't even manage to pull off the simplest things. The sheer AUDACITY to fail to extend the eviction moratorium and then go home... It's outrageous. Or canceling student debt. Biden can do that with ZERO input from Congress and yet... nothing. I swear, it's like these people don't WANT to win. I've accepted they don't give a **** about helping Americans, but you'd think they'd at least want to stay in power. :mad:

Anyway the eviction moratorium expired because a 5-4 SCOTUS majority with Kavanaugh as the controlling vote said it would without Congressional action.

The ball is in Congress's court whether they/we like it or not.

NPR - The Supreme Court Leaves The CDC's Moratorium On Evictions In Place [in a 5-4 vote] (June 29, 2021)

Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who cast the fifth and deciding vote, wrote in a concurring opinion that he voted not to end the eviction program only because it is set to expire on July 31, "and because those few weeks will allow for additional and more orderly distribution" of the funds that Congress appropriated to provide rental assistance to those in need due to the pandemic. He added, however, that in his view Congress would have to pass new and clearer legislation to extend the moratorium past July 31.

Gotta love how they get a month's vacation with pay while many Americans are lucky if they can get a few days off with pay. One standard for the Lords and Ladies, and another standard for the serfs.

Oh and I'm sure the Delta variant will take 6 weeks off too.

Anyway the eviction moratorium expired because a 5-4 SCOTUS majority with Kavanaugh as the controlling vote said it would without Congressional action.

The ball is in Congress's court whether they/we like it or not.

NPR - The Supreme Court Leaves The CDC's Moratorium On Evictions In Place [in a 5-4 vote] (June 29, 2021)

I wonder if any repubs have the same attitude as Sinema. If so, maybe we won't need her. Maybe her and Manchin will go on vacation along with 3 or 4 repubs.....

Running out the clock. He's not going to support the bill regardless so ignore that POS.

Last edited:

At least by waiting for all these authoritarian states to go first the federal legislators can react to that as opposed to going first without knowing what is ahead. They should just eventually roll this stuff into one big bill.

Senate voted on cloture on the infrastructure bill (bipartisan) 67-27. This is a done deal.

Now, let's get the real infrastructure deal done via reconciliation.

EDIT: AND.....would people on TV PLEASE stop referring to Manchin and Sinema as moderates? :argh::argh::argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"